+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sensible decision by SYP?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Wasn’t that because Sheffield United was playing at home while you was playing Wednesday and the police helicopter had to fly over both games
    No not necessarily , this has gone off for years even in league one .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No not necessarily , this has gone off for years even in league one .
    Only reason they would do that is tv time and lack of cops.

Oh I know burger vans stuck in traffic my god you’d have to delay the match if that happens

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Very sensible, but ...

We can be held back 10 minutes in the street but they can't be held back 10 mins in the ground or at least the lower car park
    Yes that's what doesn't make sense.

Reasons given by the police "against their human rights to hold them back".

"They're throwing missiles and if we let you through we'd be liable if you got injured"

And "Not our fault its a poor stadium design".

Do they actually know? Just "following orders" I suppose

But SY Police not exactly covering themselves with glory for the the last 40 years it is now.

Load of rubbish the whole "against human rights" argument in my opinion. It's simply that SYP are absolutely useless and are a shambolic police force.

I stayed to the end then left the East Stand as per normal,walked down by the side of the canal as per normal though it was a bit quiet,then up and over the bridge to the car-park to be met by quite a few people coming the other way.I thought to tell them that the game had finished but instead I asked what was wrong.I was told that he police had closed the exit.It seemed okay to me so I carried on,through the walkway,across Corpy street,into Rhino's -not an ounce of trouble,never saw a Donny supporter(or they were just normal people like myself).
    Perhaps I should have bought a lottery ticket-I couldn't buy a 50/50 because there was no-one selling them in the usual spot and I couldn't buy a pie at half time coz they had all gone.
    There you have it -a gloat and a moan in one post.

I've said since New York was open that the vast majority of pre and post match problems regards away fans could be solved by opening up the route under the road that leads straight into the police car park and onto the railway station.
    If anybody hasn't seen it just look down to the right as you walk down New York Way, away fans could be kept on the lower level all the way along and under the road, leaving home fans to use New York Way or at least go up Don Street and onto Main St.
    It would need minimal amount of work, maybe some screening for the railway line side.

There was some very heated debates with the Police outside their station when they were holding people back yesterday.
    On the question of holding away fans in the ground they said RUFC stated they didn't want to do it and it was their decision
    I find that a little difficult to believe if security and safety is going to be an issue and the Police should be more assertive and make the call

The Police were asked to consult with the club again in future about keeping away fans back for 15 mins or so

I totally agree the away fans should be contained after the game while the home fans leave the game.

Bit on the other hand the quicker the away fans are out of the area the less chance there is off trouble

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I totally agree the away fans should be contained after the game while the home fans leave the game.

Bit on the other hand the quicker the away fans are out of the area the less chance there is off trouble
    its not just a matter of keeping the gates closed. incensed fans will find other alternate exits ie over the barrier and exit with the rotherham fans. would there be enough staff members to contain them inside? it was hard enough containing the 40 millwall fans intent on trouble...

for the moment the best exit is what rufc/police are doing though its far from ideal. sadly nothing will be done until as most have said "theres and incident"
    rufc are happy because fans are exited from the ground/surrounding area via different routes.. so why should they build a bridge at clubs cost..
    syp are happy as club is paying for the police services only peeps not happy (as always) are the fans.
    tbh the amount of moans from the hospitality regards why should the carpark gate be shut till 515pm or until away coaches have left.... urm use your common sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Miller67 View Post
    I've said since New York was open that the vast majority of pre and post match problems regards away fans could be solved by opening up the route under the road that leads straight into the police car park and onto the railway station.
    If anybody hasn't seen it just look down to the right as you walk down New York Way, away fans could be kept on the lower level all the way along and under the road, leaving home fans to use New York Way or at least go up Don Street and onto Main St.
    It would need minimal amount of work, maybe some screening for the railway line side.
    I’ve said time and time again that it’s probably down to the club, they are not that bothered about fans unless you sit upstairs (lounge area)

Remember Millwall (I think) when we were out the ground and all trouble started, most of the fans were out and they actually put the ground in lock down for the safety of upstairs

This is one reason why I don’t bother with sponsors any more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast