+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those that weren't there

Quote Originally Posted by wbatillidie View Post
    we walked out when the second went in, couldn’t stand it anymore.

The players have lost heart and direction, I’ve lost heart in that team and manager, and without a doubt those players are not playing for Pardew.

Not sure if there was any tactics yesterday or if they were just instructed to boot the ball up the pitch as soon as, no passing no interlinking, it was just ****e, the pole can do one, useless, Barry old and worn out, Phillips headless chicken, McLean plenty of effort no skill, Rodriguez, Was he playing? Rondon well enough said.
    Jonny Evans either waiting for everyone to go so he can pop over for a Big Mac, or thinking about the summer and his new club, or both.

Summer top to bottom rebuild, can’t see another manager coming in now and end of season just to get relegation on their c.v.

New manager I would consider would be Dean Smith, Gary Monk, Pearson/Shakespear or all of them together would be okay.
    keep Pardew for remaining games, let him feel the heat and all the vitriol that goes with it, oh and take that Hammond **** with you.
    i can't see us turning this disaster around anytime soon. Our "star" players will jump ship. The Championship is un unforgiving league. 3 games a week against teams who'd love to kick lumps out of the players that stay.
    We can't get anything out of teams that are near the bottom of the Prem, why should that change against teams at the top of the Championship?

We're at yet another critical point in our history. We need players who'll roll their sleeves up and get on with life in the second tier and a manager who can mold them into some kind of unity.

On both counts I have my doubts as to whether the executives at the Albion have the slightest idea what's required.

As LeicesterBaggie has said, we create very little from midfield so we are too reliant on set pieces for our goals. Unfortunately, we have a team who has been built upon defensive duties and have nobody who can display any creativity in the middle of the park. I think that we have to go back to the drawing board next year and start to set up with players who have pace in midfield and can take players on before releasing the strikers. We must hold on to players like Burke and Leko over the summer who could come into their own when given a more expansive role whether it be in the Premiership or Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionmad View Post
    .. The Championship is un unforgiving league. 3 games a week against teams who'd love to kick lumps out of the players that stay. We can't get anything out of teams that are near the bottom of the Prem, why should that change against teams at the top of the Championship ?

Actually thats how we all look at Lg One, the ale house league which is full of Sundy morning cloggers etc.
    When relegation is a threat I bet all of us look down negatively at the division below.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)