+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those that weren't there

For those that weren't there

From the start we played poorly, lots of passes back to Foster to hoof up field.
    At no time did Albion have control of the game.
    The only players name sung today was that of Chris Brunt once brought on and subsequently taking the corner to give us the goal. No boing boing for the goal. Just about remembered to have a half hearted Lords my shepherd.
    I don't know what our tactics are, Pardew to blame I think.
    Supporters in my end were very fickle.
    Went from "you're not fit to wear the shirt" to "taxi for Pardew" to "Chrisy brunt brunt" in less than a minute.
    We had the same crap from them with Pulis, where within a fortnight they were "Pulis barmy army" to "sack the bloke" (though I'm glad he did go).
    Crowd started leaving with 20 mins to go.
    At the end of the match most players left the pitch quite quickly with Chris Brunt, Ben Foster and Salomon Rondon applauding the crowd. Ben made it short and sweet (sensible). Chris walked in a circle and applauded all stands. Rondon stayed out last and repeated what Chris Brunt did though not sure what his thinking was, he needs to score a goal to do that sort of thing. To be fair though he does appear to be committed to the cause even if he lacks quality.

The crowds been good this season for sticking with the team. Got toxic when the 2nd went in. Dont like it myself, but some will say they pay their money,they are entitled to boo. It just doesn't help with the game going on. The fans who walked out will the ones missing if we go down
    Thought Brunt and also Livermore, improved us .If only McClean had had scored with the ist half chance. Pardrew looked in a trance, all game Big Dave was the one trying to gee the players up.

Here in Australia, I didn't get a chance to follow the game last night..but what I see and feel is a team that simply have lost confidence..and the ability to win in any circumstance. I t looks if they are behind on the scoreboard, any score is good enough for the day......and "good enough" absolutely permeates any team like us in our position.
    So many factors contribute to this: coach,player quality, fitness etc...but the elephant in the room,in my humble opinion-is the lack of playing confidence and the desire and will to win.....
    I should know-the team I follow here in Australia were like it for years-until they finally "clicked" last year...and won their first flag in over 20 years....
    No matter what happens-the most important thing of all is for all of us who support this great club is to stick with it through thick and thin....and as far as supporters who leave before the end of the game.......
    The sun will come up tomorrow...and so will we....stick with it boys!

Soulman
    In the main the supporters have been pretty loyal.
    We have believed in Alan Pardew though no-one has as yet given him any personal vocal support (though the results
    have dictated that). Unfortunately he has not made any difference to the team and if he is given any further time, then
    unless he wins at Watford he may as well go after that match as he has no idea how to change our fortunes.

& if anyone thinks this squad will get us top of the championship next season think again that are absolutely F**K**G rubbish .

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer1962 View Post
    Soulman
    In the main the supporters have been pretty loyal.
    We have believed in Alan Pardew though no-one has as yet given him any personal vocal support (though the results
    have dictated that). Unfortunately he has not made any difference to the team and if he is given any further time, then
    unless he wins at Watford he may as well go after that match as he has no idea how to change our fortunes.
    I agree with you, our gates have actually gone up almost a full house again.

Ive just seen the highlights lads on Motd, and it didnt look good did it ?. Even a struggling team like Huddersfield were made to look impressive, despite their awful run of poor form. Ive got mixed views about Hudds and whether I want them to stay up or not, and this is for various reasons... and to be honest I dont think they will.

As for you Baggs, its looking harder admittedly but your not down yet are you, and dont chuck in the towel just yet. Believe me I/we were all thinking we were down after losing at home to Burton this week, and all of a sudden a win today away at Brummingham has changed our minds again.
    Whoever said we as footy fans are fickle eh ? lol.

It was nice to see 'the wand' still works...god he is good....

As a side we create very little from open play and therefore rely heavily on set pieces to score the few goals that we do. Why oh why then do we have the one player, Chris Brunt, who can deliver quality balls, sitting on the bench? Within a few minutes of coming on we scored from his corner. It is beyond belief.

Having said this, we deserved nothing from the game. There were players on the field who just didn't perform, again! Barrie was absolutely appalling. Gibbs was no better. The rest were mediocre at best. In fairness, Rondon ran his socks off and as I say, Chris Brunt, tried his best to get us going but to no avail. Friends here in Leicester ask me what is going wrong and to be honest, I can't really give them an answer. Yes, we've had the problem of not being able to score goals for quite a while now but what has happened to the defence? From being a well drilled unit who gave little way we now look shambolic. Some will say it's because Pulis has gone but we've been leaking goals all season so I don't buy into that. Perhaps it's simply that we are not good enough, but I believe it goes deeper than that. The club is in a poor shape both on and off the field and short of a miracle, we are down.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    The crowds been good this season for sticking with the team. Got toxic when the 2nd went in. Dont like it myself, but some will say they pay their money,they are entitled to boo. It just doesn't help with the game going on. The fans who walked out will the ones missing if we go down
    Thought Brunt and also Livermore, improved us .If only McClean had had scored with the ist half chance. Pardrew looked in a trance, all game Big Dave was the one trying to gee the players up.
    we walked out when the second went in, couldn’t stand it anymore.

The players have lost heart and direction, I’ve lost heart in that team and manager, and without a doubt those players are not playing for Pardew.

Not sure if there was any tactics yesterday or if they were just instructed to boot the ball up the pitch as soon as, no passing no interlinking, it was just ****e, the pole can do one, useless, Barry old and worn out, Phillips headless chicken, McLean plenty of effort no skill, Rodriguez, Was he playing? Rondon well enough said.
    Jonny Evans either waiting for everyone to go so he can pop over for a Big Mac, or thinking about the summer and his new club, or both.

Summer top to bottom rebuild, can’t see another manager coming in now and end of season just to get relegation on their c.v.

New manager I would consider would be Dean Smith, Gary Monk, Pearson/Shakespear or all of them together would be okay.
    keep Pardew for remaining games, let him feel the heat and all the vitriol that goes with it, oh and take that Hammond **** with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)