+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arabs v Doonhamers

After gearing myself up to go to the match it was disappointing to see it get canceled but glad I only got to Glasgow when I found out so I decided to visit a pal there that I have not seen for awhile so for me it turned out not to be a wastleful trip.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Doonhamers Travel Club got as far as Perth when they heard it was postponed
    Not so good but who could have predicted so much snowfall in that hour.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Not so good but who could have predicted so much snowfall in that hour.

The Met Office

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    The Met Office
    Exactly. Why didn't they check that out.

That game was never gonna be on

From the official site . This is absolutely ridiculous

Queen of the South can confirm that we have been ordered to return to Dundee to play Dundee United this coming Tuesday March 6th to try again to play the game postponed last Tuesday.

We can also confirm that as a club we are very disappointed with this decision and have made representations to both the SPFL and Dundee United. We accept the circumstances on Tuesday night were unfortunate and largely out of everyone's control. However, having made a hazardous return trip on Tuesday, with the travel restrictions still in place around the country, most of the weekend's football already postponed and continued forecasts of snow for the next seven days we find the decision to insist on us making another lengthy trip on the immediate Tuesday ridiculous. In particular, having been informed of this decision this morning despite having already made our objections clear, having to make travel arrangements on three days notice is far from ideal and expecting supporters to arrange time off work to make a lengthy midweek trip on two working days notice is not fair on them either. Our players have been unable to meet for training so far this week since Monday and there are no guarantees of them being able to do so any time soon.

Officials from both clubs discussed possible rearrangement dates on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning and, although Dundee United were keen to go for an immediate rearrangement, we noted there were four other available midweeks between now and the end of the season, which left ample opportunity for a later rearrangement even allowing for the subsequent postponement of United's match with St Mirren this evening. We cannot understand the need for this game to be immediately rearranged and note that, as far as we are aware, no other games postponed this week have been ordered to be rearranged immediately.

We are disappointed as a club that no account seems to be taken on this occasion by the governing body of the difficulties there may be in a 300 mile round trip in darkness and bad weather for both supporters and staff.

Just seen that the match is rearranged for Tuesday and got to say I am not impressed with that and queens ain't to.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Just seen that the match is rearranged for Tuesday and got to say I am not impressed with that and queens ain't to.
    Seems to me that the last people that the SPFL consider are the supporters who are only the bread and butter of the game. Incredible but again hardly surprising and is form for these idiots.

No common sense at all....

At least Queens will have a good run of home fixtures after next Tuesday at Dundee Utd and Saturday at Dumbarton, starting with the Arabs then Saints and Livi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)