+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the excuse this time ?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Shearer suggesting that Westwood should have taken a yellow for the team and then they would not have scored-after the Saints ref obstructed him-
    I think he said that he wouldn’t say that, but Sean Dyche would. That’s slanderous.

To be honest all it did was give them midfield possession as the game was winding down so it wasn’t obviously dangerous at that moment and there were several passes before they scored. We should have dealt with it and Madley or AR should have seen Kevin getting turned.

lost only 1 in the last 4 games and unbeaten in 6 out of the 11 in the winless run-

I can't get my head round the fact that we have to make excuses for being in 7th place in the PL.
    We are there on merit because we have picked up 37 points from 28 games, only losing 9 in the process.
    We have played Liverpool twice, Man United twice, Man City twice, Spurs twice, Chelsea and Arsenal once each of the teams above us. We have competed well against all those teams and picked up points which were not really expected and it could have been more Since 10 September 2017 we have only dropped below 7th place on three occasions, each time for one week only.
    In the space of two weeks at the end of November and start of December we lost Matt Lowton and Robbie Brady to injury. This was followed on 12 December by losing Stephen Ward and followed 11 days later with Chris Wood.
    We then lost Defour and Tarkowski from 20 January.
    Before yesterday, during the previous 10 weeks we have played 12 matches with players substituting for those out injured. and we have continued to perform as a team and have battled hard to get 11 points.
    Criticism has been levelled at the team because they are not exciting to watch, however, they are still picking up points and that is what mattersin the grand scale of things.
    We all have our opinions what should or should not happen, however, our manager is with the players on a daily basis and knows if any of them have any problems and this will always be taken into consideration when making team selection and how we should play. This is real football and dealing with human beings, it is not something manufactured for a computer game.
    We are still progressing but have had numerous setbacks in the last couple of months.
    Just my thoughts and I know that everyone will have a different opinion which I respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    20,928 on today, don't know how many Saints fans came up, I don't think I saw the Cricket end full of them, I'm surprised most of our fans seem to be grinning and bearing it at the moment, if the poor performances keep happening it cannot be long.
    There were about 300 away fans which is about the lowest I can remember. That makes 20,628 attending to support Burnley.

Burnley Football Club have announced "Early Bird Season Tickets" again, with prices frozen for what I think is the NINTH successive season.

Expectations are that 17,000 season tickets will be sold for next season, with that amount almost already renewed. Our average gate went up again from last season, we currently average 20,651 and that will rise again next season.

5000 tickets are already allocated for away fans and home fans "walk-ons" for next season. Your Doomsday scenario is just not going to happen Altobelli!

All the indications are that perhaps most Burnley fans who actually attend home and away games, understand the reality and difficulties of playing in one of the world's elite leagues?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

All the indications are that perhaps most Burnley fans who actually attend home and away games, understand the reality and difficulties of playing in one of the world's elite leagues?
    as am sure - BT....that those who tune in from around the planet.....understand the reality that outside of a handful of teams - theres little or nothing - Premier.....about it.

Most Premier League teams can consistently field eleven physically fit, well organised, well drilled international players.

We are no exception! West Bromwich Albion and Stoke are currently in the deep do-do but a couple of wins will lift them right into mid-table.

The injuries to Brady and Defour have undoubtedly taken the creative spark out of our side.

But we still sit in SEVENTH place in the EPL.

Instead of constantly berating the Burnley players, Sean Dyche and the Burnley Board of Directors perhaps you should take your grievances up with the EPL hierarchy because the only two teams who dish up the sort of fayre you want Altobelli, are City and Spurs.

Unfortunately, the smallest provincial town team in England cannot possibly compete with a team who play at Wembley and the other team whose financial largesse knows no bounds.

Pope, Lowton, Mee, Ward, Cork, Gudmundsson and Barnes would all walk into most Premier League teams outside the top six. I really don't know what you want Alto?
    You need to take your medication when you get up in the morning before you post then you may be able to grasp the meaning of my previous posts on this thread and others.

Hopefully you have taken your medication by now, if not just for you BT.

(1) I don't want to compete with the top 6, but I'd like to at least improve the team more than what we do so as to not fall too far behind them and also let those below gain any advantage.

(2) I don't ask for same fayre as City and Spurs, never could we compete with those 2 even if we stay in the PL for the next 10 years, and the thought of playing in Europe at the moment is pie in the sky and for the fantasists.

(3) Creative spark of Brady & D4, like I have said even with them in the team we have put in some poor performances.

(4) Pope, Lowton, Mee, Ward, Cork, Gudmundsson and Barnes would all walk into most Premier League teams outside the top six. I really don't know what you want Alto? That's a matter of opinion, I'd disagree and say 3 of your picks wouldn't.

As for not really knowing what I want BT. . . . . . . . . again I'll reiterate ..... . . .. . read it slowly so that it sinks in, I don't want or need you or anyone else to agree with me as its my opinion, nobody is right and nobody is wrong, its just differing views on a Club we both Love.

I'm pleased that BFC are a Premier League Club, after decades of following them through thick and thin its giving me joy in the winter of my life that I could only dream about when in the 4th Division.

Garlick like his predecessors are very small fish in a big pond and have always gone down the same line in doing just enough, even more so just lately.

I don't care about any other Club and how they are doing, JUST OURS, IMO our team are not good enough collectively for the PL regardless of being 7th, our squad is nowhere near deep enough either.

I have not said to spunk the 170 Million we have now, or the other 100 odd Million we may receive at the end of this season on every player going, and even when spending it does not guarantee anything, but at least it shows intent on trying to improve, something most teams try to do.

You mention Brady and D4 being our most creative players, they are, but again IMO they are not the cream of the cream, D4 is/was flirting with the Belgium national team but not a cert, Brady again is an International but that for me says nowt as its in a poor irish squad and the games I have seen him play for Burnley have been more miss than hit.

Like you say without Brady and D4 we have lost what little creativity we may have had, so we are suffering more now without any reasonable replacements.

Dyche, Garlick and Co can choose any excuse they like about the transfer market, yes its gone money crazy, with wages, agents and the like and is only going to get worse, but for me its one excuse after another.

As I said in another thread, we are chancers and probably always will be, we lost Charlie Austin and was lucky that the Ings/Vokes partnership worked after Austin left, did we replace Ings when he left ? We replaced Keane with Tarky before he left but did we go the whole hog and find someone to backup Tarky ? the answer is No, so again in my mind we chanced it and are lucky in that Long is doing an average job, we have waited years for a winger, we have an average one now in Lennon but again no potent goal scorer who stands out.

Dyche is too rigid in his thoughts, great in his defence tactics which again IMO detracts from our attacking options with forward players having to track back to help out to make the defence that good, he seems to starve any creativity we may have to enforce the defence.

George Boyd is a good example, brilliant attacking midfielder/winger, in his days with Peterborough and Hull, yet when he came here he seemed stifled and was praised more for his mileage in midfield and tracking back.

Sean Dyche is Good, he's done some brilliant work turning our Club around, but he's not God and is prone to mistakes just like the rest of us, this "In Dyche we trust" and "He must be a Dyche type player" is all bollox to me, he's a Manager, he's worked with the best in Brian Clough, if he cannot manage most player's he should not hold that title.

All I'm wanting is a better return of reasonable performances, 50% is not good enough, with or without injuries, Dyche can complain all he likes about not getting penalties and poor Refereeing, the bottom line is we are poor.

If you watched the game yesterday before Barnes bundled the ball in, did it look like we'd score ? did Dyche change it ? 2 other strikers sitting on their arse watching a terrible game, did you think to yourself "In Dyche we Trust" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    as am sure - BT....that those who tune in from around the planet.....understand the reality that outside of a handful of teams - theres little or nothing - Premier.....about it.

We all know it is completely over egged for commercial purposes Norder.

Harry Kane, David Silva, Wilfried Zaha and Mo Salah are the only four players I have seen this season other than our lot who I could be arsed to get out of bed for and go and watch live.

The EPL hyperbole is total bollox but the revenue stream isn't!

Attachment 8675

There were about 300 away fans which is about the lowest I can remember. That makes 20,628 attending to support Burnley.

Burnley Football Club have announced "Early Bird Season Tickets" again, with prices frozen for what I think is the NINTH successive season.

Expectations are that 17,000 season tickets will be sold for next season, with that amount almost already renewed. Our average gate went up again from last season, we currently average 20,651 and that will rise again next season.

5000 tickets are already allocated for away fans and home fans "walk-ons" for next season. Your Doomsday scenario is just not going to happen Altobelli!

You are an educated man BT, How many of those "average" 20,651 fans are plastic ? if we was to get relegated surely you are not silly enough to think we'd still get an average of that.

As for BFC being generous in freezing Season Tickets, when you are in the PL gates hardly matter that much as prize money is the main income, and BFC actually lowering prices for the benefit of Supporters would seem an even better gesture.

If you watched the game yesterday before Barnes bundled the ball in, did it look like we'd score ? did Dyche change it ? 2 other strikers sitting on their arse watching a terrible game, did you think to yourself "In Dyche we Trust" ?

We had a corner in the 88th minute with three substitutes unused. The twenty or so of us who sit in a square block in the JMC Upper could not understand why Dyche did not just run out the clock? No-one is saying he is perfect but that is not the point in responding to what I consider to be your constant and unwarranted negativity.

Every week you say we are bobbins (despite us being 7th) and I simply fail to see what enjoyment you get out of a Saturday afternoon following the Clarets.

For me it is beyond argument that Mike Garlick is doing anything other than a fantastic job as Chairman of Burnley Football Club. Rags to riches isn't in it!

We had a corner in the 88th minute with three substitutes unused. The twenty or so of us who sit in a square block in the JMC Upper could not understand why Dyche did not just run out the clock? No-one is saying he is perfect but that is not the point in responding to what I consider to be your constant and unwarranted negativity.

Every week you say we are bobbins (despite us being 7th) and I simply fail to see what enjoyment you get out of a Saturday afternoon following the Clarets.

For me it is beyond argument that Mike Garlick is doing anything other than a fantastic job as Chairman of Burnley Football Club. Rags to riches isn't in it!

As

Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Altobelli; 25-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)