+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the excuse this time ?

What's the excuse this time ?

Ref getting in the way ? A couple of penalties we didn't get ? Ref not up to scratch ? Players injured ? High winds ?

This current slump reminds me of the first season Dyche was here, I cannot remember the teams but we had a few so called easy games at home nearing the end which we failed to win and produced dire Football.

Regardless of being 4th/5/6/7 or 8th in the league we are serving up rubbish which is just not good enough.

I said that we should have bought more in the last transfer window as some are not good enough for this league and give the squad deeper depth. O.K. most (not me) was over the moon with Lennon, he's a supplier of crosses for our strikers but 2 of our tallest was parking their arse on the bench.

Hendrick is no where near Premier League standard, he's like a headless chicken most of the time yet Dyche persists playing him in the same position.

Dyche is too tunnelled in his vision and needs to expand his rigidity, as well as some better quality players brought in.

Happy as usual Alto? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Ref getting in the way ? A couple of penalties we didn't get ? Ref not up to scratch ? Players injured ? High winds ?
    None of the above - Alto.....as what S.D actually said was - that there were leaves on the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Happy as usual Alto? Lol
    Seriously alf, nobody can be happy with the performance today, and the other's of which there have been too many

no matter - S.D is placed above it all.

...but are those storm clouds I see ?

....and whats that - are those folk starting to walk away ?

20,928 on today, don't know how many Saints fans came up, I don't think I saw the Cricket end full of them, I'm surprised most of our fans seem to be grinning and bearing it at the moment, if the poor performances keep happening it cannot be long.

That Was Crap!!!!!

How many more times are we going to feck it up in the the last 10 minutes?,...
    Sorry but the football being served up at present,...is not Premier standard,.. And Boring the life out of everyone,..!!!
    It really is sh!te..

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    How many more times are we going to feck it up in the the last 10 minutes?,...
    Sorry but the football being served up at present,...is not Premier standard,.. And Boring the life out of everyone,..!!!
    It really is sh!te..
    I’d rather we were being dicked 0-6 at home by Hereford than live through this ****e. I am bringing my gorgeous Outwoodettes to our next home game where we will be slagging off everyone in sight. Did that rhyme ****e and sight. I must be a poet.

Please, just bugger off and start supporting one of the big six.

Because, despite being so "sh1te", we are above every other team in England.

I can only assume that a lot of you are very recent converts to watching the Clarets, because this is the highest we have been since the early 70's.
    If not, then you must have been a real barrel of laughs in the 80's, 90's and 00's.

Agree with you Alto..I think nearly everybody agrees that the football we serve up is boring to watch.. The question is do we put up with it and take the millions that come with it,or do we try to attack and play more football but run the risk of going down..

I know what the boards way of thinking is.. Take the money and Bore.. I tend to agree with them as the rewards are so big..We keep saying this but perhaps the board and Sean will spend some big bucks on a couple of class attackers this summer..

TBF we have had a bad run of injuries lately so the downturn is to be expected.. We have also had some bad luck with late goals as well..I'm happy to stay up this season as I expected us to sink like a stone.. Who would have thought we would still be seventh after our last ten results,amazing really.. All credit to boring Sean and his tactics,but it does seem like he's a one trick pony ..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)