+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the excuse this time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Just answer me one thing.

How is all that money in the Bank helping the team ?
    7 sarcastic reply's with one still needing extra strength medication, and for those using the same excuse of looking at Portsmouth, Everton, Leeds, Sunderland etc, try and read my posts and understand, I didn't say spend it all, just show some intent by improving the team and strengthening the squad.

If you are happy with the percentage of poor displays and being 7th in the big bollox league (which a lot of you seem to be) then good luck to you, still waiting for an answer though.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Waiting to see the highlights?
    But I take it Sean has stopped using turpentine substitute too?.
    Yea But We were ****e....

Throughout Dyche's tenure we have brought in:
    Heaton,
    Pope,
    Gray,
    Keane,
    Lowton,
    Defour,
    Brady,
    Wood,
    Wells,
    Walters,
    Gudmundsson,
    Tarkowski,
    Taylor,
    Westwood,
    Lennon,
    Bardsley,
    Barnes and
    Hendrick.

Apologies for any I have missed but how the fcuk is that not considered to be improving the team and strengthening the squad?

Stop digging Alto, I really love you but you are starting to look daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    7 sarcastic reply's with one still needing extra strength medication, and for those using the same excuse of looking at Portsmouth, Everton, Leeds, Sunderland etc, try and read my posts and understand, I didn't say spend it all, just show some intent by improving the team and strengthening the squad.

If you are happy with the percentage of poor displays and being 7th in the big bollox league (which a lot of you seem to be) then good luck to you, still waiting for an answer though.
    where do you think we should be - top 4?- my harse-

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Geeeez IDWT, You may do better by reading my previous post's with your harse as your comment is totally wide of the mark on my comments

Like I say BT, if you are happy watching that dross which you have agreed with in the past, then crack on.

we are what we are and under SD we wont change- if you dont like you can always watch the 3rd division

Written specifically for Alto and his fellow knockers:

"Some people are never happy are they?

Despite one of the worse refereeing performances I have ever witnessed, throughout yesterday’s home game against Southampton, there was a small but voluble section of Burnley supporters in my immediate vicinity who did nothing but complain.

They complained when Burnley played square passes; they complained when Burnley defenders jockeyed the opponent in possession, rather than lunge recklessly into a tackle; they complained when a pass went astray; but most alarming of all, they complained about Sean Dyche.

“Too set in his ways”; “Won’t make any substitutions”; “Too negative”; and (unbelievably), “He doesn’t know what he’s doing”. Whilst I would defend to my dying breath the right of any supporter to voice his or her opinion; that degree of scorn, vitriol and sheer lack of gratitude left a bad taste in my mouth.

As a result, I exited Turf Moor in an angry disposition caused as much by those crassly ignorant comments as by Southampton’s ill-deserved late equaliser.

To those and other naysayers I would simply put these three questions:
    1). Would they prefer that Burnley be back shuffling around in the Championship, hosting the likes of Preston, Barnsley and Burton Albion rather than Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea?
    2). Burnley are currently the seventh best team in the land, where do they realistically expect the Clarets to be placed given the resources at their disposal?
    3). Who do they think would do a better job than Dyche? One comment I heard yesterday claimed that we were better off under Eddie Howe. Howe has done a fine job at Bournemouth, but when he was in charge at Turf Moor, Burnley were so defensively profligate that they were often required to score three goals just to get a point.

In fairness, it must be acknowledged that yesterday’s was not the best ninety minutes of football I’ve ever seen and yes, the result and the manner in which it came to pass was deeply frustrating; particularly referee Bobby Madley blocking Ashley Westwood’s route onto an Ashley Barnes’ pass, with the aplomb of an NFL Lineman, and thereby initiating the move which led to the Saints’ equaliser of Barnes’ earlier goal.

That said, I am old fashioned enough to believe in the virtues of getting behind your team and supporting them through thick and thin, support which provides the players with the additional juice to see matches like yesterday’s through to a successful conclusion.

Most of those complaining voices emanated from bodies old enough to be able to recall the days when Burnley were cash-strapped and going nowhere other than down the drain leading into the Conference. Those “thin” times contrast sharply with the “thick” times of today. It is that lack of historical perspective which angers me the most.

This is the best Burnley team I have seen under the guidance of the best Burnley manager in over forty years, all those who call themselves Burnley supporters should be mindful of that plain and simple fact.

It should also be observed however that pitifully inept referees like Bobby Madley are ruining the Premier League and VAR will not help their cause. This article was written by regular feature writer Dave Thornley and edited from the Editor's Chair on behalf of Clarets Mad. (TEC).
    "

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We all know it is completely over egged for commercial purposes Norder.
    Harry Kane, David Silva, Wilfried Zaha and Mo Salah are the only four players I have seen this season other than our lot who I could be arsed to get out of bed for and go and watch live.
    The EPL hyperbole is total bollox but the revenue stream isn't!
    well no wonder - with all the riches to be had....PL teams/players/management just happy to rake it in - no need to break a sweat over it....as not like they can seriously challenge the top end - no cups to be won - no glory....so all about keeping a spot on the gravy train - and to hell with the football !

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Written specifically for Alto and his fellow knockers:

"Some people are never happy are they?

Despite one of the worse refereeing performances I have ever witnessed, throughout yesterday’s home game against Southampton, there was a small but voluble section of Burnley supporters in my immediate vicinity who did nothing but complain.

They complained when Burnley played square passes; they complained when Burnley defenders jockeyed the opponent in possession, rather than lunge recklessly into a tackle; they complained when a pass went astray; but most alarming of all, they complained about Sean Dyche.

“Too set in his ways”; “Won’t make any substitutions”; “Too negative”; and (unbelievably), “He doesn’t know what he’s doing”. Whilst I would defend to my dying breath the right of any supporter to voice his or her opinion; that degree of scorn, vitriol and sheer lack of gratitude left a bad taste in my mouth.

As a result, I exited Turf Moor in an angry disposition caused as much by those crassly ignorant comments as by Southampton’s ill-deserved late equaliser.

To those and other naysayers I would simply put these three questions:
    1). Would they prefer that Burnley be back shuffling around in the Championship, hosting the likes of Preston, Barnsley and Burton Albion rather than Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea?
    2). Burnley are currently the seventh best team in the land, where do they realistically expect the Clarets to be placed given the resources at their disposal?
    3). Who do they think would do a better job than Dyche? One comment I heard yesterday claimed that we were better off under Eddie Howe. Howe has done a fine job at Bournemouth, but when he was in charge at Turf Moor, Burnley were so defensively profligate that they were often required to score three goals just to get a point.

In fairness, it must be acknowledged that yesterday’s was not the best ninety minutes of football I’ve ever seen and yes, the result and the manner in which it came to pass was deeply frustrating; particularly referee Bobby Madley blocking Ashley Westwood’s route onto an Ashley Barnes’ pass, with the aplomb of an NFL Lineman, and thereby initiating the move which led to the Saints’ equaliser of Barnes’ earlier goal.

That said, I am old fashioned enough to believe in the virtues of getting behind your team and supporting them through thick and thin, support which provides the players with the additional juice to see matches like yesterday’s through to a successful conclusion.

Most of those complaining voices emanated from bodies old enough to be able to recall the days when Burnley were cash-strapped and going nowhere other than down the drain leading into the Conference. Those “thin” times contrast sharply with the “thick” times of today. It is that lack of historical perspective which angers me the most.

This is the best Burnley team I have seen under the guidance of the best Burnley manager in over forty years, all those who call themselves Burnley supporters should be mindful of that plain and simple fact.

It should also be observed however that pitifully inept referees like Bobby Madley are ruining the Premier League and VAR will not help their cause. This article was written by regular feature writer Dave Thornley and edited from the Editor's Chair on behalf of Clarets Mad. (TEC).
    "
    I dont usually read long pieces but on this ocassion i agree 150%

we are what we are and under SD we wont change- if you dont like you can always watch the 3rd division
    sounds hopeless - Idwt

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)