+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What's the excuse this time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    sounds hopeless - Idwt

i temember the dark days of the 3rd and 4th divisions- believe me- we dont want to go there again -

Listen I am normally a big supporter of Sean, as I think most honest claret fans are. Where he has taken us from where we were is just phenomenal.

I had problems with my computer so couldn't get a clear view of proceedings yesterday however having watched Sean's Claret Player interview, I have to say that he needs to get his eye back on the ball. His eye brows need a slight trim. Its the little things that matter.

Don't paint me with the same brush as some of the many plastics who go on the Turf now BT, Never once have I vocally voiced my disgust at BFC on a game, even though I have paid my money and am entitled to do so if I wish, but I never have, always kept it in my head till with other folk in a pub or similar to discuss.

Like I'm discussing it on here, a forum to discuss, bounce idea's off each other, see other folks views, argue and generally have some banter, I've seen your views, sometimes changing your mind from week to week, but I still appreciate them, seems my views are rubbing you up the wrong way, I cannot help that, nobody is right or wrong, its just a difference of opinion in which we don't see eye to eye on, we both love our Club and want the best for it but just see things differently.

You can call it Knocking if it floats your boat, and even put it in bold type, I don't care, if everyone felt the same it would be a boring existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Don't paint me with the same brush as some of the many plastics who go on the Turf now BT, Never once have I vocally voiced my disgust at BFC on a game, even though I have paid my money and am entitled to do so if I wish, but I never have, always kept it in my head till with other folk in a pub or similar to discuss.

Like I'm discussing it on here, a forum to discuss, bounce idea's off each other, see other folks views, argue and generally have some banter, I've seen your views, sometimes changing your mind from week to week, but I still appreciate them, seems my views are rubbing you up the wrong way, I cannot help that, nobody is right or wrong, its just a difference of opinion in which we don't see eye to eye on, we both love our Club and want the best for it but just see things differently.

You can call it Knocking if it floats your boat, and even put it in bold type, I don't care, if everyone felt the same it would be a boring existence.
    go watch the deadwoods and get s taste of where they are

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    go watch the deadwoods and get s taste of where they are
    When you come off the gear I'll know as you'll post something interesting and debatable that goes with the theme of a thread.

When you come off the gear I'll know as you'll post something interesting and debatable that goes with the theme of a thread.

Ah,I see what makes ID have so many Typos now..

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Now you are sounding like John Bond
    Just have a word with supporters of Portsmouth, Leeds, Sunderland, etc etc and ask for their views on spending big money to buy success.
    We are in a very healthy state both on and off the pitch. The model we are following is the only one for a club of our size.
    The names Bond, John Bond!. (it doesn't have that same 007 ring to it lol)
    I think Portsmouth's fall from top to bottom was and still is the best example of what happens when a club overspend and put themselves in huge debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think Portsmouth's fall from top to bottom was and still is the best example of what happens when a club overspend and put themselves in huge debt.
    Yes Acido, and given reprieve after reprieve by the Authorities, yet smaller Clubs not treated so leniently

Yes Acido, and given reprieve after reprieve by the Authorities, yet smaller Clubs not treated so leniently
    Im not sure what that was about Alto, why they/Pompey were given so many second chances by the Efl.
    But look at how Leicester cheated the system, they exploited the administration loophole that obviously existed at that time, and they've done very well out of it since.
    It also disgusts me when Brighton and even Bolton are allowed to put themselves in so much debt, in an attempt to win promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoore View Post
    Why did he not bring on a sub or two,Vokes,Wood, or N'Koudou.What's the point of having subs if you are not going to use them.
    That would be my point as well.

If you are 1-0 up what you need to do is not get back into a defensive shell but attack looking for the "kill-off" second goal.

We didn't do that and despite all the other "hard luck" stories at the end of the day you make your own luck.

I think it was crying out for fresh legs and new problems for their defense.

I understand the issue of leaving things alone whist winning--not wanting to upset the rhythm but you have seen enough of these types of games to surely have learnt to go for the kill rather than contain and run the clock down.

How much of the decision not to use subs was based on giving the subs more time to recover from niggles and not use them unless absolutely necessary?

We don't know.

But playing at home and 1-0 go for the second goal and keep the opposition on the back foot.

Don't give them a sniff.

And that is where we tend to fail time after time.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)