+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitro on fire

Mitro on fire

Mitrovic scores again v wolves just shows his manager has showed total faith in him and he responds with goals, and were stuck with Joselu Gayle and an injured Loanee

Gayle scored twice today. Agree with the loanee and Joselu bit though.

PL and Champo - very different leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    PL and Champo - very different leagues.
    People moaned about him last year doing nothing in the championship

My personal take on the whole issue is that Rafa may have dropped a bollock by adopting the stance he has on Mitro.

Unless we know the exact reasons for Rafa excluding him then you've got to assume it goes beyond footballing reasons because, let's be totally honest-is there a poster on this board who genuinely thinks Joselu is a better option? Surely no-one thinks that, and that includes Rafa and his coaches.

So, is whatever the reason is strong enough to jeopardise our premier League status by leaving us with such limited striking options?

Obviously, people's frustrations,have been exacerbated by Mitro suddenly scoring again and by our lack of forward options and I certainly don't think he's a particularly good player but, on paper at least, it seemed a rash decision and days like today put it in an unfavourable light.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    My personal take on the whole issue is that Rafa may have dropped a bollock by adopting the stance he has on Mitro.

Unless we know the exact reasons for Rafa excluding him then you've got to assume it goes beyond footballing reasons because, let's be totally honest-is there a poster on this board who genuinely thinks Joselu is a better option? Surely no-one thinks that, and that includes Rafa and his coaches.

So, is whatever the reason is strong enough to jeopardise our premier League status by leaving us with such limited striking options?

Obviously, people's frustrations,have been exacerbated by Mitro suddenly scoring again and by our lack of forward options and I certainly don't think he's a particularly good player but, on paper at least, it seemed a rash decision and days like today put it in an unfavourable light.
    I agree with that and I think he should´ve been given more of a chance with us when Hoss couldn´t hit a barn door from 3 yards. My guess is that Mitro (like Mbemba) doesn´t (for whatever reason) follow Rafa´s instructions on the pitch. His stupid cards and sendings off won´t have helped but Shelvey does that too and he still gets plenty of games.

Rafa always comes across as a nice guy on the interviews but I´ve read that he is quite a task master and doesn´t suffer fools gladly. With his players he seems to have the attitide that "it´s my way or the highway".

We should´ve kept Mitro and signed Slimani and played the strikers that are on form cos none of them are good enough to be certain starters.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    His stupid cards and sendings off won´t have helped but Shelvey does that too and he still gets plenty of games.

Rafa always comes across as a nice guy on the interviews but I´ve read that he is quite a task master and doesn´t suffer fools gladly. With his players he seems to have the attitide that "it´s my way or the highway".

We should´ve kept Mitro and signed Slimani and played the strikers that are on form cos none of them are good enough to be certain starters.
    Agree with every word quoted above. Very good post.

People just look at stats and ignore everything else that comes with that. Look at high-profile rows like Costa vs Conte, Pigba vs Moanrinho, Suarez vs Rodgers, etc., etc., etc. If a manager doesn't like a player, doesn't matter how good the player is they won't play. These players can thrive in another league (discussed on another thread) or even another team. It's just how the cookie crumbles.

I was a big Mitro fan when he was here. But, let's be honest, he wasn't ripping up trees here and staking a claim, was he? He's got goals in him but a fistful of red cards and a truck load of misses too...
    Last edited by trinitoon; 25-02-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Agreed Trin.

I always rated Mitro and defended him till blue in the face.

THen i saw him the Oxford game and i wasn't impressed and to be honest he's not impressed me massively since. I'm pleased he's doing well in championship and i agree with Zip it has to be beyond footballing reasons (although i don't believe Pboro's "Rafa's daughter story") but i think whilst Rafa is here Mitro won't be.

i think thefact he is scoring at what ever level shows as it is with gayle if you give a forward a run of games they willscore

with rafas constant rotating and picking josewho he never got his chance

i just hope he doesnt upset his managers family members

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

I said it before and i'll say it again IF we sell Mitro we will regret it.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)