+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player Ratings vs Stevenage

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    Collin - 6 - Didn’t have to make a save of note and no handling problems. Clearly acting under instruction for the delaying tactics with his distribution, but the whole thing was completely bizarre. And the kicks when they eventually did come - coming down to nowhere in particular with snow on the ball - were diabolical; compare with the classy kicking of Fitzsimons. Really don’t understand how he’s our no.1.

Tootle - 5 - Can’t remember him play this badly all season. Very little going forward and regularly beaten by his winger. Fortunate not to give a pen away first half with a sloppy handball. Not sure regularly swapping the full-backs is doing any of the 4 of them any favours.

Duffy - 6 - Generally ok, but very rushed/aimless use of the ball at times. IMO our best, most consistent and reliable CB is on the bench currently. Which is strange.
    Hall - 6 - As above.

Dickinson - 5 - 10 for commitment, 1 for ability. Probably around a 5% pass completion rate today. One shot from within the penalty area that went for a throw-in summed his day up.

Alessandra - 6 - Simply didn’t see enough of the ball through no fault of his own. There really needs to be more collective effort to get the wingers involved in games like this.

Hewitt - 7 - Standard performance by him, decent off the ball and produced one excellent run and header which was our only attempt (I can remember) first half. Far and away our best midfielder now.
    Husin - 5 - We don’t suit his style in the slightest and when he did have the ball today he was generally wasteful. A good long-term prospect but not sure he should be an automatic starter and was the right call to swap him with Noble.

Hawkridge- 6.5 - Much better. Felt he was more like the early-season version to the one we’ve seen in the past couple of months. Some excellent crosses first half from the left, rarely utilised second half from the right.

Ameobi - 7.5* - The only player to really produce for the full game. Won every header he went for and deserved his goal.
    Stead - 6.5 - Worked tirelessly with little or no service. Patience of a saint. Wasted his one decent opening when he should’ve shot/passed much earlier.

Grant - 7 - Composure through the roof for the goal, a lot of players would’ve put that in the stand. Fingers crossed this gets him going again; we really need him. For all his critics, he’s won us more points than anyone this season.

Noble - 7 - Good performance, kept the ball well and worked very hard off it. Should start ahead of Husin next week.

Smith - 6 - Standard Smith appearance when the game is already won. Model pro but is a waste of a place on the bench when competition for places is high.
    Apart from Lewis who I thought was awful, I agree with all of these.

ps, Thought the Ref had a good game . Didn't give them an obvious penalty and walked at a snails pace when he felt the need to have a word with someone, but generally had a good game and a marked improvement on some of the crap we have had this season.
    Last edited by navypie; 25-02-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Collin 5
    Tootle 5
    Duffy 6
    Hall 6
    Dickinson 4
    Allesandra 5
    Hewitt 6
    Husin 5
    Hawkridge 6
    Stead 5
    Ameobi 7

Grant 7
    Noble 7
    Smith -

Awful first half - worst half I've seen all season. We were lucky to win it, but a massive 3 points. We must up our game against the Stags in order to avoid a hammering. Stevenage were awful too but had the freedom of the park as our midfield sat way too deep. Long ball tactics to two isolated target men with nobody feeding off the knock-downs. Just hit-and-hope stuff. Left the ground both glad and concerned. To be honest I'm dreading the local derby, which is a shame as we should all be well up for it.
    Spot on. The only good thing to come from that game was that we got 3 points. If KN believes that was a good performance then im afraid he is in the wrong job. The goalkeeper was awful and our midfield was once again none existent. Why we continue to hoof the ball up field to no one is bewildering..If we do this against Mansfield we will get hammered..But i suspect we will, as it seems the only way that KN knows how to play.....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Spot on. The only good thing to come from that game was that we got 3 points. If KN believes that was a good performance then im afraid he is in the wrong job. The goalkeeper was awful and our midfield was once again none existent. Why we continue to hoof the ball up field to no one is bewildering..If we do this against Mansfield we will get hammered..But i suspect we will, as it seems the only way that KN knows how to play.....
    It wasn't an aesthetically pleasing performance, but we scored two goals and conceded none, so it was a good result. If we get several more ugly performances and good results, I'll take that. When we went with the extra midfielder and started trying to play pretty football a few weeks ago, we lost. Stick with the Wimbledon way if it works!
    Last edited by jackal2; 25-02-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post

ps, Thought the Ref had a good game . Didn't give them an obvious penalty and walked at a snails pace when he felt the need to have a word with someone, but generally had a good game and a marked improvement on some of the crap we have had this season.
    I agree with you there, navypie. He could have done something to shift the trainer/surgeon bods and the mortally wounded off the field quicker but it was good to see a man in charge who knew we were there to watch the football and not him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12