+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Sign Him Then ......!!!

As much as Ive always liked the idea of Ashley Fletcher coming back to us, I cant get away from the fact that hes done almost sod all in his career since leaving us. If I could choose right now about us making a genuine offer for him or for Ollie, then I know who Id choose.

Jules, do you really think that negative stuff about Ollie at the moment ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 25-02-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    If only it was that straight forward
    Pretty straight forrad other rooad ESR .

Said on a post other day , every fecker else seems to do well financially out of this club and all I've seen is a few hand dryers in bogs back .

Early days but if we've got a good forrad on loan and making a big difference up top it's not much to expect we try and tempt him here .

Seriously don't no why they are here if this can't happen .

Fletcher demands 7million or less. Ollie demands no price, probably 1-2 million based on performances. Fletcher is proven in league 1 and no where else. Ollie is proven in the championship at the minute. I know which I would choose. Hecky prefers fletcher, he was before Ollie.
    Like esr says, if it only so easy. Ollie comes from Leeds, prob a Leeds fan. More expectations and pressure because of.

Barnsley are close to Leeds so home or near could be good. They may be a clause in the loan to buy or be first dibs. Could use us to be stepping stone (again)!

God knows but I see fletcher at Leeds before Ollie.

It really depends on our owners levels of enthusiasm and general knowledge, and all round interest in our game Animal. Maybe we can question these things at the moment, and I actually think the signing of Jose was a very bold and positive step.

But anybody with an eye can surely see that we've signed some talent here in Ollie, and if we're serious about not only staying up but maybe competing a bit better next time... then we've got to make a proper bid that might tempt Swansea. And Im not talking about twenty quid and free tickets to the next Toby tyke comedy stand up gig.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Pretty straight forrad other rooad ESR .

Said on a post other day , every fecker else seems to do well financially out of this club and all I've seen is a few hand dryers in bogs back .

Early days but if we've got a good forrad on loan and making a big difference up top it's not much to expect we try and tempt him here .

Seriously don't no why they are here if this can't happen .

I’d love us to sign him , seems a good lad as well. Threw his shirt into the crowd after the match and a bloke I knows lad didn’t quite get it and a bloke snaffled it first !! Oli messaged him and told him he’d send him another to make up for it .

The point is we can try and sign anyone but it makes no difference if they don’t want to come . Catch 22, if McBurnie continues to bang the goals in this season in the Championship for us he’ll be wanting Premier League football next season or a top end championship club at minimum. Not playing for a small Championship club or League 1 club however it turns out .

Why’s he here on loan if we can’t sign him permanent. Because we can’t sign him permanent so next best thing is on loan surely.

Tha spot on ESR

The more successful his loan spell is the more value he will be worth. We've probably missed the boat in not signing him permanently cos sumdy else'll come in wi mooar money and wages.

He'd lost his way I'll concede that , too much for him and it got top side of him and no matter what happens from now it's probably worked art better for all concerned .

I always stuck up for him because it was a tough job with everything that occurred and I wasn't prepared to throw him under the bus .

Couldn't do it to the bloke not after what he gave me at wembley twice .

Not cut art to be ruthless which is probably a flaw in this day and age , I'm a soft tw@t despite what tha might think .

:-) :-) :-) :-)
    Hard but fair I would say, with a good insight into the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I’d love us to sign him , seems a good lad as well. Threw his shirt into the crowd after the match and a bloke I knows lad didn’t quite get it and a bloke snaffled it first !! Oli messaged him and told him he’d send him another to make up for it .

The point is we can try and sign anyone but it makes no difference if they don’t want to come . Catch 22, if McBurnie continues to bang the goals in this season in the Championship for us he’ll be wanting Premier League football next season or a top end championship club at minimum. Not playing for a small Championship club or League 1 club however it turns out .

Why’s he here on loan if we can’t sign him permanent. Because we can’t sign him permanent so next best thing is on loan surely.
    Can't disagree ESR with that , just find it highly frustrating these days .

I think the fans have had a bloody raw deal over the last 12 months and still turn up every week and go away in good numbers .

Can't disagree ESR with that , just find it highly frustrating these days .

I think the fans have had a bloody raw deal over the last 12 months and still turn up every week and go away in good numbers .
    Tha reight. However it could be a sh1te sight worse and we could be in Hull, Brum or Sunderlands shoes, spending bucketloads and getting massively in debt.

I just feel that signing Mcburnie on a permanent would've been our only chance because as we've seen wi Fletcher they can make a name for themselves here and get a bigger club. There lies the frustration. We wanted Mcburnie badly in the summer as again in Jan. Why not sign him then and back our instincts? They obviously liked him so take a punt. It's not like we're skint If we continue to operate with a suck it and see philosophy then we'll see plenty of loan players come and go and find it hard to take the next step. Harvey Barnes was another we could've possibly pushed the boat out on.

Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing and would we have been saying the same if we'd signed Ugbo ? That's the kind of gamble well have to take though if we can survive this season and push on

I don’t think he’d have signed though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast