+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another win..

Another win..

Despite not playing well over 90 mins.

Just as well, as Wigan and Shrewsbury don't look like slipping up.

Gonna be a nail biting end to the season!

You will piss that league and go up as champs .

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Despite not playing well over 90 mins.

Just as well, as Wigan and Shrewsbury don't look like slipping up.

Gonna be a nail biting end to the season!
    Only just watched it because of family commitments.
    Excellent football in the first half, despite the absence of Dack, and despite Mowbray putting out such a "negative" team.
    Ironically, Evans had a really good game, as did Bennett, who must have run a marathon.
    The Walsall goal changed everything, and we looked leggy in the second-half.
    Samuel has played well at times, but he can't do the same job as Graham. In fact, with Dack and Armstrong fit, it's quite hard to fit in Samuel and Antonsson as "secondary strikers". When we need a 20/30-minute direct replacement for Graham, Nuttall might be a better choice.

There's a sickness bug in the camp, with both graham and Bennett vomiting violently at half time.

Hope that clears up for the physical test Wimbledon are gonna give us in the week.

Again this bodes well for our ‘push’, in that this is a clear demonstration of the commitment to the cause by our squad.
    Whether it be primarily player ‘choice’ , offered to them by TM, makes no odds as he would have been ‘gambling’ with their inclusion in any event. Good call.
    With BD he seemingly would have had no choice.
    Many said a point return was what me might have to accept, regardless of the predict. So 3 points is a great return. Regardless of the backs to the wall second half battle.

One thing strikes me. Bennett ran so far and put in so much effort while suffering with a nasty bug that I can't see how he will be fit for Tuesday.
    Surely he'll need some recovery time.

One game closer to the end of the season. So even though nothing changed yesterday, as we all won, it's now one game less to play. And everyone has to keep winning, which of course won't happen.
    All things considered, those 3 points where fantastic. We created great atmosphere, and the lads upped their game and win it early. Graham & a few of the others were struggling (yet he still scored 2.) Being the home team, I expected something from them. After their goal I never felt we where under pressure. It was a very professional performance, which bodes well for the upcoming games. All this without our best player, yet Payne was excellent.....plus Chapman isn't too far way. His return will provide such a kick on effect. Armstrong was superb yesterday aswell, especially in the first half.
    We are on a roll now.

There is one issue with our team - and Saxo has also mentioned it: we are a bit light-weight. If you look at Dack, Armstrong and Payne, they are not going to win many physical battles. When we're on the front foot, their skill outweighs the problem, but - as TM himself noted - Payne did disappear a bit in the second half when the momentum shifted.
    Graham's experience and positional sense shone through against Walsall, but can he be expected to produce that every game, at such short intervals?
    This Division has thrown up a lot of surprises, but I'm pretty sure AFCW will present a very muscular challenge. I don't think I'll be able to see this game until the next day, as I'm off to see the second one-day cricket international.
    I have an uneasy feeling about this one. I just hope I'm worrying unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    There is one issue with our team - and Saxo has also mentioned it: we are a bit light-weight. If you look at Dack, Armstrong and Payne, they are not going to win many physical battles. When we're on the front foot, their skill outweighs the problem, but - as TM himself noted - Payne did disappear a bit in the second half when the momentum shifted.
    Graham's experience and positional sense shone through against Walsall, but can he be expected to produce that every game, at such short intervals?
    This Division has thrown up a lot of surprises, but I'm pretty sure AFCW will present a very muscular challenge. I don't think I'll be able to see this game until the next day, as I'm off to see the second one-day cricket international.
    I have an uneasy feeling about this one. I just hope I'm worrying unnecessarily.
    I'm concerned too aucks, I don't think it was a fluke they won at ewood.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I'm concerned too aucks, I don't think it was a fluke they won at ewood.

Not that I am saying we will just turn up and win this, however, its worth pointing this out.
    There was a reason we lost at home to Wimbeldon. And Donny at home 1-3 and Southend 2-1.
    All those where early on, and the issues we where having have been ironed out. Hence since then, we have only lost 2 more games all season. That's playing twice a week, all season long.
    How many times do the oppo manage to nulify Dack, Armstrong and Graham effectively? If it was on a regular basis, we would not have gotten to the top of the league. Ok I heard Payne disappeared a bit in the second half. He won us the game in the first half, that's not really been discussed.
    We didn't fluke this, its because we have become unbelievably hard to beat, and are top on merit. Because TM realised, we are much better than than all these sides, and are a class above. That class shines through most weeks. But to earn that right, you first need to win the physical battle. More often than not, we step up to that.
    If we are worried about Wimbeldon then we are best off missing out all together, and not even getting in the play-offs, as if we cant handle them. We cant handle 95% of sides in this league, and would come down straight away. As we'd be miles off being good enough.

All this because we have just won 2 tough away games and won a home game since we went top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)