+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Didn't Expect That

Didn't Expect That

Well done on 3 unexpected points. Good reward for Jordan Bowery's efforts over the last few weeks. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Well done on 3 unexpected points. Good reward for Jordan Bowery's efforts over the last few weeks. Onwards and upwards.
    Yes, a really great win and probably the league 2 result of the day. I listened to the whole match and we didn't seem to be in any real trouble or panicked when we went ahead and indeed could have scored more. Very pleased for the lads and the management and George Ray seemed to play well too...

Hats also off to Chesterfield beating Swindon and Barnet winning and shows how important that win was today. Vale well....I hope when we play them soon they aren't still in trouble they are now what bottom 3 now. I don't want them relegated either just my opinion and know some others would but its not nice for any team to go out of the league and they are our nearest neighbours after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Yes, a really great win and probably the league 2 result of the day. I listened to the whole match and we didn't seem to be in any real trouble or panicked when we went ahead and indeed could have scored more. Very pleased for the lads and the management and George Ray seemed to play well too...

Hats also off to Chesterfield beating Swindon and Barnet winning and shows how important that win was today. Vale well....I hope when we play them soon they aren't still in trouble they are now what bottom 3 now. I don't want them relegated either just my opinion and know some others would but its not nice for any team to go out of the league and they are our nearest neighbours after all.
    Like this Mike. Worrying but I actually agree with you

Typical I didn't even bother to listen to the first 50 minutes for the first time this season. I have to agree with Artell that it had been coming based on performances in the last few games. Still, absolutely mustn't relax based on one excellent win. We have a lot of games against teams around us. Win those and we'll be safe.

Good reward for Jordan Bowery's efforts over the last few weeks.

I'm glad you mentioned that.
    I know many have lost patience with him but there has to be something in there for him to have got that move to Villa a few years back. And I still believe he is the best we have for holding up the ball. Well done JB!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Vale well....I hope when we play them soon they aren't still in trouble they are now what bottom 3 now. I don't want them relegated either just my opinion and know some others would but its not nice for any team to go out of the league and they are our nearest neighbours after all.

Agreed, I would still like to have our local derby with them (even though they continue to protest that it isn't one!) - and win it - rather than see them sink into obscurity.

Good to see George back, a reassuring influence.

And I'm beginning to wonder, with Harry's left peg, are we missing Cooper that much?
    Apart from a pay rise, has he gained that much from joining the Posh?

Lots to ponder

I am convinced that Harry P is like a new signing in that position. I also think he'll go a lot further than would have at left-back. I like the fact that he has a couple of shots every game at the moment.

That 4th goal is glorious. I could watch it all day.

Need to back up the Lincoln result with a win against Forest Green Rovers - can we finally manage an unbeaten run of more than one match?