+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Chapman's facial injury

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    chapman was good , jordan was better , but duncan ferguson of everton, in his prime was the daddy of them all , unplayable on his day.
    Yo Marley Watkins and his sneaky little spooky ghosty fellow kid...lol.
    Yeah big dirty Dunc knew how to dish it out and protect himself, and still score goals didnt he. Even Fash the bash did it at dirty Wimbledon, but it wasnt clean and it never seemed to be acceptable at that time.

remember Chapman playing with a cast on a brken arm or wrist too. Proper player. Wilko wasnt born from an egg, and picked Chapman when he had to choose between him and Cantona.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Id agree with you WTF about 'our' Norman Hunter, he didnt take many prisoners did he.
    And Ive heard it said by opposing players and fans that even Allan Clarke could dish it out if he had to. I never got to see Clarkie in his first spell with us but apparently he revolutionised us as a team when he joined in 1978.
    The Prem was never looked at as a good thing by the majority, and its got worse and worse for the whole of English footy since then.
    The thing about Norman Hunter was he was just a dirty Bastid that went out of his way to injure players and ruin their career.. Nothing nice about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So you all rated Chaps then did you Joel ?.
    That doest surprise me because I also admire him and that type of player that he was. Hey this makes me feel old fashioned when I post this sort of stuff lol.
    Chapman is one of the first players I remember growing up and got me into LUFC though I was only a little lad!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    The thing about Norman Hunter was he was just a dirty Bastid that went out of his way to injure players and ruin their career.. Nothing nice about that.
    every team had a hard man in their team in the seventies , alf. chopper harris at chelsea , tommy smith at liverpool, peter storey at arsenal , nobby stiles at man utd , the list was endless

the difference at leeds was half the team could dish it out if needed , they were not called dirty leeds for nothing alf . lol

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    every team had a hard man in their team in the seventies , alf. chopper harris at chelsea , tommy smith at liverpool, peter storey at arsenal , nobby stiles at man utd , the list was endless

the difference at leeds was half the team could dish it out if needed , they were not called dirty leeds for nothing alf . lol
    id say 90% of the team could dish it out Marley..

Great team though,I always looked forward to my visit to Bellend Rd on the train with the Claret and Dirty Leeds trips to Burnley..

Very scary times indeed for both sets of fans..lol

id say 90% of the team could dish it out Marley..

Great team though,I always looked forward to my visit to Bellend Rd on the train with the Claret and Dirty Leeds trips to Burnley..

Very scary times indeed for both sets of fans..lol
    if leeds had a midfield of giles , bremner , batty, and a back four of charlton, hunter, vinny jones, chris kamara .

the other team would be too scared to go beyond the halfway line alf . lol

I knew that would appeal to you Alf. Go on what was his name again, Frank Casper ?.
    Big Norm was a softie really, most opposing fans and players just misunderstood him. (well, thats what we keep telling ourselves about him anyway )

Bit more recently big Geoff horsfield, former Halifax and Leeds striker, didn't take much crap from the opposition!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Bit more recently big Geoff horsfield, former Halifax and Leeds striker, didn't take much crap from the opposition!
    Ahh yes big Geoff, born in Barnsley and started his career at Athersley & Worsbrough. We tried to sign him a few times over the years but he never did come back 'home'.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)