+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Afc Wimbledon(away)predictions

Afc Wimbledon(away)predictions

This will be a tough test in regards to a physical battle
    I think we will just edge it
    1-2 win

0-0 for me.

1 - 1

Another professional performance and another 3 points. I expect a tight game.
    0-1

COYB

We really don't have the players for a physical battle that this will probably be..

Sorry, 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    We really don't have the players for a physical battle that this will probably be..

Sorry, 1-1.

No need to be sorry, the one consistent this season is our fans have been negatively cautious in their predictions every week.
    Week by week I hear we wont win this, because of Mowbray etc. Then when we do, the following games prediction are equally cautious. Then when we do end up going up, it'll be ''he's done nothing special, he was fully expected to''
    The guy is on a hiding to nothing at our place. Loads have no faith, as they communicate every week. reflected in the predictions.

Luckily, the only ones that have backed him unconditionally are the owners. Who have put their money where their mouth are. And backed him really well, and also shut up. The fans have not stopped for a second to turn down the opportunity to stick the boot in. Regardless how of well or poor our results have turned out. Even when its positive, a negative stance will always be put on things, from the fans and the fans only. And according to some its the Venkys that are the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    No need to be sorry, the one consistent this season is our fans have been negatively cautious in their predictions every week.
    Week by week I hear we wont win this, because of Mowbray etc. Then when we do, the following games prediction are equally cautious. Then when we do end up going up, it'll be ''he's done nothing special, he was fully expected to''
    The guy is on a hiding to nothing at our place. Loads have no faith, as they communicate every week. reflected in the predictions.

Luckily, the only ones that have backed him unconditionally are the owners. Who have put their money where their mouth are. And backed him really well, and also shut up. The fans have not stopped for a second to turn down the opportunity to stick the boot in. Regardless how of well or poor our results have turned out. Even when its positive, a negative stance will always be put on things, from the fans and the fans only. And according to some its the Venkys that are the bad guys.
    Its no real slight against mowbray. I just feel we'll struggle against the physical style of Wimbledon, as we did at ewood.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Its no real slight against mowbray. I just feel we'll struggle against the physical style of Wimbledon, as we did at ewood.

This isn't aimed at you Sax.
    Just there have been 3 constants this season.
    1. Our away support in numbers and voice have been there, since day one.
    2. Our form well over half the season has been immense.
    3. Every week Mowbray is undermined by fans expecting unrealistic things, moaned at, doubted, questioned etc.

That isn't going to change this week no matter what.

My point being, luckily for us as a club, we have owners who don't share the same opinion as the (Internet based) so called fans. Who remember, just want their Rovers back, with a decent team to be proud of.

It would be great for Ewood to see 18k home crowds from now until the end of the season. That would be a huge lift for us. Like wanting to moaning, undermining to stop ......it simply won't happen. Which is real pity

I'm a Mowbray supporter, as you know, Champs. I'm just cautious.
    I actually think this is quite a difficult league. Wigan and Shrewsbury ran away at the start, but lots of other teams have made good runs since.
    One or two of the teams from near the bottom have surprised me with their ability recently, and we've had results like the Wigan-Blackpool one.
    I agree we have a very high skill-level, but it still comes down to converting the chances. Graham has been doing that superbly, but you only need to miss a few and players start snatching at the opportunities.
    There must come a game soon when we knock in four, but I doubt it will be against Wimbledon.

It really is a tough league this season. There have been 2 sides to catch all the way. Now 4 of us have a very good chance of going up automatically. The final points tally for the 2 promoted will be very high. As will it be for the team who will miss out and ha e to go in the play offs. For that reason alone I hope it's not us, as picking yourselves up again for another 3 games could be extremely tough. The confident side going into it (ie Plymouth) would have nothing to lose, and be on a high.
    Physically it's tough, and we have held our own. It's when we have an off day, from 1-11 where we have slipped up. They are rare, like Plymouth away. And we are prone to mistakes in games such as tomorrow. It's not about just one game, but we need to keep this run going. We eyed to go down there and eek out a crappy 0-1 on a frosty night. Because we are on a roll now, and if you go up, you go win at these sorts of places. Like we did down at Pompey the other week where we were unfancied. At the very least, get a draw. That's not a disaster. We don't need to win every match. If not, and we lose we will need to move onto the next game quickly. I do think at one point over the run in we will slip up. I just thought on Sat we look we had this very resolute side of us. We could've easily gone up another gear had we needed to. Lenhian (who is getting stronger game by game) coming back gives us massive stability. We won't be bullied at the back. Smallwood is important tomorrow, and Evans if he plays him.
    Last edited by champs95; 26-02-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)