+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's a praise for Warne and Barker

It's a praise for Warne and Barker

Even during the good run, my concern over our current Management team was whether or not they'd have the experience to cope tactically against seasoned league managers in close encounters. Well they're proving me wrong, and yesterday was a great example.

What stood out for me was how bold the substitutions were. Fine, the Ball for Lavery sub was routine, but the other two impressed me.

I would've introduced Williams for either Newell or Forde. I thought Forde ended the first half stronger than Newell, and given Newell is more of a luxury player and Forde more a workhorse, it would've been easier to replace Newell. But Warne recognised both the importance of bringing Williams on his natural right side but probably more importantly, what a brilliant player Joe Newell is. He's a matchwinner of the highest order. He grew into the game and provided a bit of quality for the equaliser and then showed a calm head to take the pressure penalty.

And to sub off Wood for Palmer was really bold and showed real intent to win the game. In Warne's own words, he decided to throw the dice, and boy did it pay off for him and us.

The buzz around the place on exiting NYS was palpable. It's not about little Donny and stopping their giddy day out. It's something a lot bigger than that. We'll lose eventually, and it will be probably be against Gillingham given our historic record there, but we'll bounce back because this bunch of lads really want to win football games and will go through brick walls to do so.

For me warne brings the stability who has been with the club along time and under many great managers like warnock, Evans and his many years under old Ronnie as a player for us.

Add his old team mate barkers experience to the mix and you can see why it works.

But I am shocked I thought it be at least another year before warne made us shine