+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trouble in the North Stand

Trouble in the North Stand

Anybody know what went off with the trouble in the North stand just before and during half time.

At first I thought it was a Donny fan in the home end but I sit on the aisle of the steps that the stewards brought him down and i recognised the kid from previous home games so he was definitely a miller.

There was a lot of verbals back and forth between him and some lads then a woman started shouting at the stewards to come up and get rid of him. The stewards just stood there for a couple of minutes while it kicked off then eventually came up and 2 of them brought the lad down to kick him out. As they were taking him down the steps one of the stewards lost his footing which is understandable when there are 3 people all looking for the same step but then more stewards turned up and one of them grabbed the lad around his face and started yanking back on his neck. It was absolutely disgraceful from our steward and he should be disciplined for the way he handled it. The lad was going quietly and there was absolutely no need to be so heavy handed. The lad then reacted to having his head yanked back as any sane human being would and they dragged him off out of the stand.

I stayed in my seat at half time as I knew it would be near on impossible to get a drink with our bar staff/queues but then when the second half started and the lad who sits next to me came back he mentioned a load of young lads had been fighting amongst themselves on the concourse.

I just wondered if it was a result of what had happened with the stewards and the lad being ejected just before half time.

Was told by someone having a cigarette just before half time that some donny fans had run round to home end and were giving it large. Thought id seen lots of police going outside just befoe ht near sw corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Millersince75 View Post
    Was told by someone having a cigarette just before half time that some donny fans had run round to home end and were giving it large. Thought id seen lots of police going outside just befoe ht near sw corner.
    I don’t mind away fans coming in home end so long as they are respectful and keep it zipped but if they are taunting home fans then kick em out

Sillymiller the fans were outside not in. Think port vale fans did same a few years back if i remember and stewards stop anymore millers fans from going out for a cigarette while police sorted trouble out

Quote Originally Posted by Millersince75 View Post
    Sillymiller the fans were outside not in. Think port vale fans did same a few years back if i remember and stewards stop anymore millers fans from going out for a cigarette while police sorted trouble out
    Ahh right I thought you was talking about that group that got removed from north stand

I think there was a small clip of this on youtube. Didnt really show much though.