+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The guardian articles

Terrific news that the club has been completely exonerated by the police investigation, that's two enquiries now and we have been exonerated on both occasions, the police have also said that the club does not need to hold an enquiry as it is a pointless exercise. Very pleased that the club have taken this on board. Doubt the media other than Radio Stoke will report the police findings. The FA will find it difficult to overrule a police investigation, probably time for Dario and the club to take on the FA now. As for Slater Gordon just typical solicitors trying to stir things up, I'll take the police report over a solicitor anytime, how many times are we expected to clear our name, they probably wanted to interfere with the enquiry and are pi$$ed that the police said we don't need one, not sure what they think they will find out that the other 2 investigations didn't.

Disgusting pedophile club.
    Any football fan who has children should NEVER set foot in the place or fund the club in anyway.
    Vile club hiding pedophile activities to the point of the mnager writing letters to defend a pedophile.
    They say that "the reason for this letter being written was simply because the club and Mr Gradi did not want to potentially lose any promising young players to a team coached by Mr Bennell".

Quote Originally Posted by WiltsBlade View Post
    Disgusting pedophile club.
    Any football fan who has children should NEVER set foot in the place or fund the club in anyway.
    Vile club hiding pedophile activities to the point of the mnager writing letters to defend a pedophile.
    They say that "the reason for this letter being written was simply because the club and Mr Gradi did not want to potentially lose any promising young players to a team coached by Mr Bennell".
    Thank you for that well thought out contribution. Now get back under your rock

I'm letting that comment by a Sheffield United supporter (need we mention rape claims involving a footballer they happily took back - and even if it wasn't actual rape, showed a distinct lack of judgement?) from Wiltshire lie. No need to up braid the person.
    It seems to sum up the ignorance and stupidity of those who are unable to read John Bowler's statement and understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester View Post
    I'm letting that comment by a Sheffield United supporter (need we mention rape claims involving a footballer they happily took back - and even if it wasn't actual rape, showed a distinct lack of judgement?) from Wiltshire lie. No need to up braid the person.
    It seems to sum up the ignorance and stupidity of those who are unable to read John Bowler's statement and understand it.
    As he shows by running 2 completely separate statements made in it together to produce a third ......

tbh the Moderators either need to remove what is a libellous statement or provide his details to the police to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    tbh the Moderators either need to remove what is a libellous statement or provide his details to the police to investigate.
    Correct.

Whether people knew or not, what can’t be dismissed is that it happened. An inquiry isn’t just to find out any blame, its to ensure such things never happen again. People could have sympathy for the club because such a person could have been at any club, but it’s hard when the prevailing attitude is to bury your heads in the sand and take the role of the victim. The statements from the club and comments from some supporters don’t come across very good at all. And that’s an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by valefaninpeace View Post
    Whether people knew or not, what can’t be dismissed is that it happened. An inquiry isn’t just to find out any blame, its to ensure such things never happen again. People could have sympathy for the club because such a person could have been at any club, but it’s hard when the prevailing attitude is to bury your heads in the sand and take the role of the victim. The statements from the club and comments from some supporters don’t come across very good at all. And that’s an understatement.
    Our Media/P.R department has always been a joke and unfortunately I think it’s not done us any favours in this situation.

The police report should be enough to exonerate the club from guilt and I believe with the spotlight shone on the club if there was actual knowledge of Bennel it would have been brought out. Also I don’t think the board or Dario were ever so ruthlessly ambitious that they would have knowingly protected Bennel whatever class of player he could develop.

You’re right though, the club should definitely get a review of its protection policies and club behaviours now. It makes sense in attracting young players , keeping the parents happy and showing that we do take this seriously and don’t want to brush this under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    Our Media/P.R department has always been a joke and unfortunately I think it’s not done us any favours in this situation.

The police report should be enough to exonerate the club from guilt and I believe with the spotlight shone on the club if there was actual knowledge of Bennel it would have been brought out. Also I don’t think the board or Dario were ever so ruthlessly ambitious that they would have knowingly protected Bennel whatever class of player he could develop.

You’re right though, the club should definitely get a review of its protection policies and club behaviours now. It makes sense in attracting young players , keeping the parents happy and showing that we do take this seriously and don’t want to brush this under the carpet.
    I suspect those reviews will have already taken place, and of course there is a greater emphasis on safeguarding these days.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast