+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The guardian articles

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I suspect those reviews will have already taken place, and of course there is a greater emphasis on safeguarding these days.

I'd imagine they have, but it's more about the PR from re-doing it and publishing the results.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    I'd imagine they have, but it's more about the PR from re-doing it and publishing the results.
    Also, not one person here questioned comments made in the thread about Dario and the allegations about **** videos. Ive taken a look at the fallout of what happened on here (and at times it seemed like the only people not talking about it were Crewe fans), but that’s when it just got bizarre. And that round of applause when bowler shut down any questions about it. You’ve got to surely see how bad that looks from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by valefaninpeace View Post
    Also, not one person here questioned comments made in the thread about Dario and the allegations about **** videos. Ive taken a look at the fallout of what happened on here (and at times it seemed like the only people not talking about it were Crewe fans), but that’s when it just got bizarre. And that round of applause when bowler shut down any questions about it. You’ve got to surely see how bad that looks from the outside.
    I would suggest valefaninpeace that you and your club have a lot more to worry about than **** videos...

In actual fact we have had many discussions about this subject since it started to come out and virtually all of us have agreed that the club could have been more open and been more proactive instead of hiding behind the usual we can't discuss it while the enquiry is going on.

The FA enquiry still underway seems unlikely to reveal more than an independent police enquiry don't you think?

The point has also been well made here that there seems to be a witch hunt against Crewe, while the like of ManC are getting of scot free in the media.

And that round of applause when bowler shut down any questions about it. You’ve got to surely see how bad that looks from the outside.
    Of course we see how bad it looks, which is why so many are fuming at the misrepresentation. Initially, someone from the floor broached the subject of Barry Bennell. He was stopped in his tracks by John Bowler, who explained it wouldn’t be possible to discuss this. That received a round of applause. The same fella accepted the explanation, and went on to express the view of many supporters, that this was an issue that was uppermost in supporters’ minds. That received an equal amount of applause. About half an hour later, despite most of us thinking that the issue had been dealt with for the evening, Graham McGarry, representing BBC R.Stoke, asked a further question referencing Hamilton Smith. John Bowler simply said he had nothing at all to add. That received the round of applause to which you refer, because we all felt it to be an unnecessary question in the context of the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I would suggest valefaninpeace that you and your club have a lot more to worry about than **** videos...

In actual fact we have had many discussions about this subject since it started to come out and virtually all of us have agreed that the club could have been more open and been more proactive instead of hiding behind the usual we can't discuss it while the enquiry is going on.

The FA enquiry still underway seems unlikely to reveal more than an independent police enquiry don't you think?

The point has also been well made here that there seems to be a witch hunt against Crewe, while the like of ManC are getting of scot free in the media.
    After reading your bizarre opinions on this, I think you need to reevaluate things a little. And crewe arent the victims here.

After reading your bizarre opinions on this, I think you need to reevaluate things a little. And crewe arent the victims here.
    Mike is right (not often I say that) when he says there seems to be a witch hunt against Crewe Alexandra. Further emphasised by the fact that Manchester City were aware of the dubious nature of BB's activities and yet said nothing to CAFC about it. The forum on Monday night was a football related forum, not a criminal one and it was quite right that questions concerning the case were batted away and I imagine the applause was for the club sticking to the principle of the evening rather than being sidetracked by something there has already been an extensive police inquiry into. The written media coupled with the BBC seem hell bent on making CAFC look guilty when they have found to be otherwise. I hope this satisfies your curiosity.

I do think there has been a bit of a witch hunt against us in the press, particularly by the Mail and the Guardian, but from what went down with Bennell it's to be expected and acting like the victim does not help us at all. We're also a much easier target than City and Chelsea , one of which has been actively proved to have covered up a peadophile at the club. It's going to happen.

The club needs to very publicly demonstrate how things have changed at the club and go out of their way to try and deal with this PR nightmare.

The **** thing at Darios really is a nothing though, with the amount of investigation ,and money that would have been thrown at people to tell a story, that someone remembers wiping **** off his computer is not that bad. You'd have to be a fool to not see through these stories.

And crewe arent the victims here.

Not at the minute but if this witch hunt continues, we could be!!

Seems to me that the law has been turned upside down, guilty till proved innocent. Not all the facts have come out as it is an ongoing investigation but a few surprises I believe are on the way

Also BB did not admit guilt in all cases and some were found not proven.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    I do think there has been a bit of a witch hunt against us in the press, particularly by the Mail and the Guardian, but from what went down with Bennell it's to be expected and acting like the victim does not help us at all. We're also a much easier target than City and Chelsea , one of which has been actively proved to have covered up a peadophile at the club. It's going to happen.

The club needs to very publicly demonstrate how things have changed at the club and go out of their way to try and deal with this PR nightmare.

The **** thing at Darios really is a nothing though, with the amount of investigation ,and money that would have been thrown at people to tell a story, that someone remembers wiping **** off his computer is not that bad. You'd have to be a fool to not see through these stories.
    The difference between Crewe and Man City is that those who were there at the time are not there now at city, where that can’t be said of Crewe. Man City are also holding an investigation and have sounded regretful for what happened. Was BB on the coaching staff at city or just linked through some scouting and running teams that fed to them? Not that it makes a difference if they knew, but I suppose that’s why Crewe are the main focus.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast