+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The guardian articles

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    Also BB did not admit guilt in all cases and some were found not proven.
    What on earth?

Why can’t someone just say, ‘what happened was disgusting and I’m angry about what happened to kids in our care.lets undertake an external investigation to get to the bottom of it because our club deserves better, whatever it finds. And at the very least will help protect kids in the future. If we are innocent then let this happen to show that’.

Seems to me that the law has been turned upside down, guilty till proved innocent. Not all the facts have come out as it is an ongoing investigation but a few surprises I believe are on the way

Also BB did not admit guilt in all cases and some were found not proven.
    A few surprises are on the way?

Care to elucidate? ie tell us?

It is true that the CPS moved the goal posts...good analogy here hey....ie in *** cases where people accused were guilty until proven otherwise and not as it should be. Indeed the police have been found to withhold evidence that would have proved their innocence and you can get a feeling that has permeated throughout our jurisprudence....

Sorry for all the big words....swallowed a dictionary for tea!

Quote Originally Posted by valefaninpeace View Post
    What on earth?

Why can’t someone just say, ‘what happened was disgusting and I’m angry about what happened to kids in our care.lets undertake an external investigation to get to the bottom of it because our club deserves better, whatever it finds. And at the very least will help protect kids in the future. If we are innocent then let this happen to show that’.
    Changing the subject...Where have you been all season with your results and league position? Are you going to survive without yet another change of manager?

Quote Originally Posted by valefaninpeace View Post
    The difference between Crewe and Man City is that those who were there at the time are not there now at city, where that can’t be said of Crewe. Man City are also holding an investigation and have sounded regretful for what happened. Was BB on the coaching staff at city or just linked through some scouting and running teams that fed to them? Not that it makes a difference if they knew, but I suppose that’s why Crewe are the main focus.
    What is the difference? Just as the people at City are no longer there it's ok !!!

What is the difference? Just as the people at City are no longer there it's ok !!!
    No. I was talking about possible reasons why they are happier to do an investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Changing the subject...Where have you been all season with your results and league position? Are you going to survive without yet another change of manager?
    You have seriously got sort your priorities out. Every post you’ve made on this subject has been embarrassing, and that’s being kind.

Lets get one thing straight, valefaninpeace is not a vale fan, it's an account previously created to create 'traffic' for this ailing site. To use the Bennell case in this way does not say a lot for the moderators of this forum.

I'm sorry valefaninpeace but I think you'll find a lot of comment about dreadful the whole affair was and references to the plight of the victims. I myself have done both. However, what makes us angry is that the Guardian and the Mail (particularly nasty) have concentrated on innuendo and misinformation in an attempt to get Dario. Yes, I do believe the board (IF they haven't already) should approach the victims. However, if they do (or have) I can bet my last pound that it WON'T be reported.
    The board of the club do have an inadequate PR outfit but that in itself is not a actually a crime.
    As for City not having continuity from that time, only yesterday I saw Dennis Tuert on the telly and heard Mike Summerbee on the radio representing City and I think (though I'm not sure) Francis Lee is still involved. So there's continuity from the 60's onwards!
    What's more Chelsea are not being mentioned despite the link to Dario's suspension being as a result of Chelsea activity at the time.
    Finally, one other point is that Taylor in the Guardian/Observer has regurgitated the *****phile insinuations against Gradi that used to be made by sicko opposition fans because they were small-minded in their outlook to his obsessive attitude towards football.
    You need to engage ALL your critical thinking skills when reading the press, not just those that reinforce your own prejudices.

I've just checked and discovered that I may be mistaken in referring to Francis Lee. He sold all his shares (to Shinawatra!) so I'm not sure if he has any further links with the club.

I think what VIP meant was there were no directors/managers from that time still around.

Re Dario and the Chelsea 'thing' my understanding is that he has been suspended with no reason given as to why, which if true is disgraceful

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast