+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The guardian articles

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    That's the problem with people like VFIP they read a headline and that as far as they are concerned its the truth, whereas the events surrounding this incident, which happened 25-30 years ago remember, get totally distorted because papers and the BBC just want a sensational headline and story, why let the truth get in the way of a sensational story. The club can be criticised for not knowing what was going on at the time, but the papers and the BBC are not interested in criticising Crewe for not knowing what was going on that is not sensational enough, they want to make out that the club knew what was going on all the time and if there is no proof of that then they will pay people like our former managing director to make up accusations. The BBC will then make up a story from an unidentified fictional footballer about parents confronting Bennell, which never happened and people like this Vale troll lap it all up, its in the papers and the TV, it all has to be true. He then comes on here with his holier than though attitude and hears something different, somewhere nearer the truth whithout the spin the manipulation and lies from the media and he chooses not to listen to what is being said, he has made up his mind from the lies in the media, he's from the potteries so we shouldn't expect too much. So because he hasn't got a clue he then goes down the line that we don't care the club doesn't care, but we know where the problem lies and that is in a cell, where Bennell with a 31 year sentence to his name resides and we get angry when the media wants to tell a different story. a story that is based on lies and tries to destroy the reputation of a man who has given a large part of his life to this club. A man who hasn't done anything wrong and has never been accused of doing anything so they make up there lies they manipulate the facts and distort the truth for a sensational headline without a care in the world for anybody involved in all this, including the victims.. Then the police come along and all the rubbish printed by the press and the lies spouted on the BBC is blown apart and vale Troll can't handle that angle because innocence its not sensational and doesn't make headlines. 'dialogue of the deaf' j sums it up perfectly but not just Vale Troll but all the Trolls, including the media.
    Well said. Spot on

That's the problem with people like VFIP they read a headline and that as far as they are concerned its the truth, whereas the events surrounding this incident, which happened 25-30 years ago remember, get totally distorted because papers and the BBC just want a sensational headline and story, why let the truth get in the way of a sensational story. The club can be criticised for not knowing what was going on at the time, but the papers and the BBC are not interested in criticising Crewe for not knowing what was going on that is not sensational enough, they want to make out that the club knew what was going on all the time and if there is no proof of that then they will pay people like our former managing director to make up accusations. The BBC will then make up a story from an unidentified fictional footballer about parents confronting Bennell, which never happened and people like this Vale troll lap it all up, its in the papers and the TV, it all has to be true. He then comes on here with his holier than though attitude and hears something different, somewhere nearer the truth whithout the spin the manipulation and lies from the media and he chooses not to listen to what is being said, he has made up his mind from the lies in the media, he's from the potteries so we shouldn't expect too much. So because he hasn't got a clue he then goes down the line that we don't care the club doesn't care, but we know where the problem lies and that is in a cell, where Bennell with a 31 year sentence to his name resides and we get angry when the media wants to tell a different story. a story that is based on lies and tries to destroy the reputation of a man who has given a large part of his life to this club. A man who hasn't done anything wrong and has never been accused of doing anything so they make up there lies they manipulate the facts and distort the truth for a sensational headline without a care in the world for anybody involved in all this, including the victims.. Then the police come along and all the rubbish printed by the press and the lies spouted on the BBC is blown apart and vale Troll can't handle that angle because innocence its not sensational and doesn't make headlines. 'dialogue of the deaf' j sums it up perfectly but not just Vale Troll but all the Trolls, including the media.
    It’s seems Everyone not a part of Crewe Alex is a troll. I’m from the potteries some I’m obviously less intelligent so I’d appreciate you telling me which comments I’ve made are based on lies though. I’ll happily withdraw any comment that is a lie. Ive made no accusations against Dario or your board. Imwouldnt do that, I don’t know the whole truth. But neither do you, and that’s the whole point. My original comment was about why an investigation was important (and different to a police investigation) to prevent it ever happening again, and make the whole truth completely transparent.

Chelsea Cleared by the F.A

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    This is actually a good example of how City’s media team are doing a better job than ours. They tried to claim he didn’t work for them at all and it was just for “connected organisations” then someone unearthed his old Man City business card. Neither have been well reported.

I think the difference is we have a very outdated way of looking at things and a media team that is probably less than 2 people. Compared to a multimillion pound agency and PR team. The big difference is in risk though, we make a mis-step and get sued that could be the end of the club, with City it’s a drop in the ocean.

Whether there’s still board members from that time at the club shouldn’t change a thing though. It’s also hard not to feel targeted when Chelsea were caught paying a victim of abuse to not come forward, then actively covering up with parents and it barely gets reported.

We’re not the victims here, but we’re also not the perpetrators, there’s two police investigations backing that up.
    Chelsea were cleared of any wrong doing by the F.A some months ago,however the person who did go to the victims home to try and get him to drop the charges was DG and yet he still remains suspended? one can only guess! at this time why.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    Chelsea were cleared of any wrong doing by the F.A some months ago,however the person who did go to the victims home to try and get him to drop the charges was DG and yet he still remains suspended? one can only guess! at this time why.
    From what I understand Dario did go and talk to the player and his family, the media says to smooth things over so we don't really know the truth about why he went or what was said or even who asked him to go. The story was that Chelsea paid this player not to take his allegation any further, if Chelsea have been cleared by the FA, then they decided either not to pursue this allegation because all those presently at the club are no longer if football or they did not believe the allegation. The one person who was still in football is DG so they made the decision to please the media to suspend him, but the Police are involved so he cannot talk to the FA until there investigation is complete. I'm sure if the player was paid to keep silent then the money came from Chelsea not Dario and the payment would have to be approved by the chairman or other director not by a coach. Also the decision to pay him would have to come from someone at a higher level in Chelsea than a football coach. Lots of questions unanswered as well as why were Chelsea cleared, I doubt DG just turned up without the authority of Chelsea and was he asked to talk to the family and report back to Chelsea or was he sent to smooth things over, whatever that actually means. I have not heard any comment that DG made during this meeting that he made any reference to money, I'm sure the press would have been all over that one. So what did he actually do apart from a cup of tea and a chat. Its that comment 'smooth things over', what does that mean, the press makes out its sinister but as we know the media is not a reliable source of information and neither is social media. So is DG guilty of something or not, my view is probably not, we don't know why he went to the house of the player who made the allegation, so its wrong to say that his intention was to get the family to keep the allegation within Chelsea football club, all we have heard is what's reported in the media and that is a totally discredited source of factual news. My theory is the FA is pandering to the media as they always do.

From what I understand Dario did go and talk to the player and his family, the media says to smooth things over so we don't really know the truth about why he went or what was said or even who asked him to go. The story was that Chelsea paid this player not to take his allegation any further, if Chelsea have been cleared by the FA, then they decided either not to pursue this allegation because all those presently at the club are no longer if football or they did not believe the allegation. The one person who was still in football is DG so they made the decision to please the media to suspend him, but the Police are involved so he cannot talk to the FA until there investigation is complete. I'm sure if the player was paid to keep silent then the money came from Chelsea not Dario and the payment would have to be approved by the chairman or other director not by a coach. Also the decision to pay him would have to come from someone at a higher level in Chelsea than a football coach. Lots of questions unanswered as well as why were Chelsea cleared, I doubt DG just turned up without the authority of Chelsea and was he asked to talk to the family and report back to Chelsea or was he sent to smooth things over, whatever that actually means. I have not heard any comment that DG made during this meeting that he made any reference to money, I'm sure the press would have been all over that one. So what did he actually do apart from a cup of tea and a chat. Its that comment 'smooth things over', what does that mean, the press makes out its sinister but as we know the media is not a reliable source of information and neither is social media. So is DG guilty of something or not, my view is probably not, we don't know why he went to the house of the player who made the allegation, so its wrong to say that his intention was to get the family to keep the allegation within Chelsea football club, all we have heard is what's reported in the media and that is a totally discredited source of factual news. My theory is the FA is pandering to the media as they always do.
    It's been a bit confusing in the press gobstopper/itwasin, but actually it's two different players, but the same alleged abuser. Gary Johnson was a player who was paid some money by Chelsea, and the FA have said what Chelsea did was acceptable by the procedures of the day. The player that Dario went to visit - let's assume he was sent - hasn't been named, for legal reasons. As you say, gobstopper, we can only guess at what was said. Partial quotes are attributed to the player and his family, and Dario would make no comment. It is this, as far as can be discovered via the internet, that was the cause of his suspension, though no reason has ever officially been given. Dave ***ton was the manager then, and Dario his assistant. Both ***ton, and the chairman of the time, Brian Mears have since died; so has the alleged abuser; I've no idea if any of the directors are still alive. This makes it a particularly difficult thing for anyone (FA or police) to investigate, surely. I tend to agree with you, gobstopper, that the suspension is the FA's attempt to satisfy the press, so they could be seen to be doing something. I've no more idea than anyone else whether the lifting of the suspension is being considered or not.

Maybe we should push the agenda along a bit then. We need to bombard the FA with demands to know how the 'investigation' is going and demanding some answers from them. Dario seems to need a little help.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456