+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The guardian articles

I know what VIP meant and the names I mentioned are very much involved in the set up at City. Also, once other board matters are cleaned up (fingers crossed), I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more resignations from the board (this is NOT to say that the main topic being discussed is not important enough, before ANY individual decides to interpret it that way!)

A final question- with all the 'evidence' around, why didn't the press point all this out? As the issue appears to have been widespread, you're not telling me they didn't know anything about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Death View Post
    Lets get one thing straight, valefaninpeace is not a vale fan, it's an account previously created to create 'traffic' for this ailing site. To use the Bennell case in this way does not say a lot for the moderators of this forum.
    Wow. Am I a Russian bot too.

There was a victim on the radio today talking about how disappointing crewe’s Response has been and that they aren’t having an investigation. He said the response from Man City had been far more positive. He had been invited in to speak to them multiple times. He’s now a police officer and said an investigation into who knew what is totally different to a police case targeting BB. Is he part of the conspiracy against Crewe.
    My personal opinion is that I’d have sympathy for Crewe fans if they stopped playing the victim and damanded action from the club. You should be up in arms with them as the whole thing damages the clubs repuutation.

Quote Originally Posted by valefaninpeace View Post
    My personal opinion is that I’d have sympathy for Crewe fans if they stopped playing the victim and damanded action from the club. You should be up in arms with them as the whole thing damages the clubs repuutation.

So who's playing the "holier than thou" game now???????
    The last person I would need to justify myself (or my club) against is a Vale troll.

VFIP You've made your point, over and over ad infinitum. Back to your own board now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    VFIP You've made your point, over and over ad infinitum. Back to your own board now I think.
    Ok, I’ll leave you to carry on pretending nothing happened. It’s all a conspiracy against Crewe, the real victim in all this.

The difference between Crewe and Man City is that those who were there at the time are not there now at city, where that can’t be said of Crewe. Man City are also holding an investigation and have sounded regretful for what happened. Was BB on the coaching staff at city or just linked through some scouting and running teams that fed to them? Not that it makes a difference if they knew, but I suppose that’s why Crewe are the main focus.
    This is actually a good example of how City’s media team are doing a better job than ours. They tried to claim he didn’t work for them at all and it was just for “connected organisations” then someone unearthed his old Man City business card. Neither have been well reported.

I think the difference is we have a very outdated way of looking at things and a media team that is probably less than 2 people. Compared to a multimillion pound agency and PR team. The big difference is in risk though, we make a mis-step and get sued that could be the end of the club, with City it’s a drop in the ocean.

Whether there’s still board members from that time at the club shouldn’t change a thing though. It’s also hard not to feel targeted when Chelsea were caught paying a victim of abuse to not come forward, then actively covering up with parents and it barely gets reported.

We’re not the victims here, but we’re also not the perpetrators, there’s two police investigations backing that up.

Ok, I’ll leave you to carry on pretending nothing happened. It’s all a conspiracy against Crewe, the real victim in all this.
    Well it's difficult for any one of us to speak for our body of fans, least of all you VFIP, since you're either a Port Vale fan or a 'troll' or both. As a club, Crewe are clearly on the defensive. They are vulnerable to the headlines and the inferences that they 'must have known', which, as I will keep saying, is the nub of the matter.There is still such a great deal of judgement from a 21st century standpoint. Safeguarding had been in place nationwide for some considerable time before Andy Woodward waived his right to anonymity. Lessons had already been learned, and Crewe will have put procedures in place with more sensitivity than most simply because Bennell was on their payroll; they didn't need the last 15 months' publicity to know that.

If they show 'empathy' it almost becomes an admission of guilt. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Try to imagine the potential conversations if the players from Victoria Derbyshire's couch, one or two of whom we are led to believe are considering some civil action, were invited in 'for a chat'. It's a little different for the victim who is now a police officer (I forget his name) who was abused by Bennell when playing for a youth team associated with Manchester City; none of the board or coaches from that time are still at that club.

Nail on the head Bigroof.
    Final word to VFIP. NOBODY is saying nothing happened and this is the problem. WE don't believe that people are TOTALLY guilty OR TOTALLY innocent. Your final comment seems to ignore EVERYTHING that people said on here in response to your initial comment. THIS is why we're angry- because you aren't listening to what you don't want to hear!
    Please keep up a dialogue but if you are only interested in the 'dialogue of the deaf', don't bother!

That's the problem with people like VFIP they read a headline and that as far as they are concerned its the truth, whereas the events surrounding this incident, which happened 25-30 years ago remember, get totally distorted because papers and the BBC just want a sensational headline and story, why let the truth get in the way of a sensational story. The club can be criticised for not knowing what was going on at the time, but the papers and the BBC are not interested in criticising Crewe for not knowing what was going on that is not sensational enough, they want to make out that the club knew what was going on all the time and if there is no proof of that then they will pay people like our former managing director to make up accusations. The BBC will then make up a story from an unidentified fictional footballer about parents confronting Bennell, which never happened and people like this Vale troll lap it all up, its in the papers and the TV, it all has to be true. He then comes on here with his holier than though attitude and hears something different, somewhere nearer the truth whithout the spin the manipulation and lies from the media and he chooses not to listen to what is being said, he has made up his mind from the lies in the media, he's from the potteries so we shouldn't expect too much. So because he hasn't got a clue he then goes down the line that we don't care the club doesn't care, but we know where the problem lies and that is in a cell, where Bennell with a 31 year sentence to his name resides and we get angry when the media wants to tell a different story. a story that is based on lies and tries to destroy the reputation of a man who has given a large part of his life to this club. A man who hasn't done anything wrong and has never been accused of doing anything so they make up there lies they manipulate the facts and distort the truth for a sensational headline without a care in the world for anybody involved in all this, including the victims.. Then the police come along and all the rubbish printed by the press and the lies spouted on the BBC is blown apart and vale Troll can't handle that angle because innocence its not sensational and doesn't make headlines. 'dialogue of the deaf' j sums it up perfectly but not just Vale Troll but all the Trolls, including the media.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast