+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Points needed for automatic

Quote Originally Posted by meadowspie1 View Post
    Last season Portsmouth had P 35 GD 20 PTS 59 and they went on to win the title,

Notts have P 35 GD 20 PTS 61, so you would think anything is still possible?
    Anything is possible, look back eight years to 26th February 2010. Our current team isn't a patch on that one, though.

An immediate improvement in our away form is a must (1 win in the last 12 games). Then our fate will depend on our home performances against Mansfield, Wycombe, Coventry and Luton.

Like all Notts fans I hope we get automatic promotion but fear we may have to go the play-off route. Another visit to Wembley (the new one this time) wouldn't go amiss with me.

Name:  2010.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  74.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Anything is possible, look back eight years to 26th February 2010. Our current team isn't a patch on that one, though.

An immediate improvement in our away form is a must (1 win in the last 12 games). Then our fate will depend on our home performances against Mansfield, Wycombe, Coventry and Luton.

Like all Notts fans I hope we get automatic promotion but fear we may have to go the play-off route. Another visit to Wembley (the new one this time) wouldn't go amiss with me.

Let's hope we don't go the same way as Bury or Chesterfield!!

You are right. Anything is possible but we did have a decent team then playing exceptional football. Our current team are playing crap football at the moment and only won on Saturday because Stevenage couldn't hit a barn door from 10 yards.

There's just enough time - get Cotterill back

(hides behind settee)

I always thought he was overrated. With that team my granny would have got us promoted and he's certainly done very little of note since leaving Notts.

I always thought he was overrated. With that team my granny would have got us promoted and he's certainly done very little of note since leaving Notts.
    Correct, but he did manage the Red Dogs after he suggested it was too far from his home in Christchurch to be based in Nottingham and his wife did not want to move up here. He looks like being very close to being sacked once again at Brum also.

Who's your granny managing these days, 60 years, and has KissMe Hardy got enough readies to attract her?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Who's your granny managing these days, 60 years, and has KissMe Hardy got enough readies to attract her?
    I reckon his Granny is lined up to take over from Cotterill at Brum. Obviously they need to take 3 points off Florists on Saturday first, followed by the dreaded vote of confidence for Cotts. Then she's a shoe in to lead them to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I reckon his Granny is lined up to take over from Cotterill at Brum. Obviously they need to take 3 points off Florists on Saturday first, followed by the dreaded vote of confidence for Cotts. Then she's a shoe in to lead them to the promised land.
    It must be 20 years since I last saw her. Her 100th birthday party was in full swing when she decided to take her dog “Tiny” for a walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZ2LwJfTBQ

She’s not been heard of since.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123