+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hegazi

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Mickd, I always put Chris Whyte at a different level to Mardon and especially Carbon.

Imo he was great for us and then left on a free (boo), and won the league at Leeds.

As for Hegazi, I think he is brave and his passing is great and I think he is a good defender.

The problem is we are lacking the energy of a Mulumbu in front of the defence and just have barry wondering around giving the ball away, on the odd occasion he has possession.

I agree the club is in a mess, but the positive thing is Jenkins is here now and trying to stop the gravy train.

The more I think about Dean Smith at Brentford the more I like.

I like the way the Bees have adopted the Moneyball research method for discovering quality players and found some great gems for relative peanuts.

If he were to come, I would also like him to bring their recruitment knowledge with him, as it would do us no harm to have an additional way of finding players, to add to what we already have.

I said a while ago that I would have preferred God Megson to stay, but the likes of Williams and Hammond thought otherwise.

I heard Pr!kdew was 8th choice when he got our top job, I bet Ronald McDonald was 9th choice, as this guy is terrible.

No doubt, Pardew was the cheapest option and Williams was influenced by Hammond with the old pals act! 2.5 year contract - unbelievable!!!! The guy was on the dole at the time and unwanted!

PS - how many seasons tickets can you divide into Pardew's remaining contract when sacked as well as the contract and pay off for Pulis who walked into another job immediately? Must be close on 7/8,000 season tickets!!!! Disgraceful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t agree.

From the moment he messed up in the third game v Stoke,which cost us two
    points the bloke has had a major mistake in him just waiting to happen.

Watford’s last minutes equaliser was him misjudging the cross and letting the guy sneak in for the header!

That’s four lost points due directly to him and there have been other cock ups as well,most of his seem costly.

He reminds me of Paul Mardon,Chris Whyte and Matt carbon in that regard........he looks so solid and comfortable for much of a game and then.....bang... he switches off.

I think he is a decent player full of heart and I like a lot of his play and he’s certainly been no worse than Evans but that in itself is damning him with faint praise!
    Hegazi is far from the best thing since sliced bread, but Watford's last minute goal was down to Richarlison pushing Hegazi in the back whilst he was off the ground and the ref' missing it.

Savvy from Richarlison to wait for him to jump before committing as it's far easier to shift your opponent when their feet aren't planted.

Hegazi's made mistakes and can be positionally naive at times, but it's harsh to suggest he was at fault there and overall I'm glad we've got him.

Although I realise you're not comparing them as like for like playing wise, I still can't believe you've mentioned Chris Whyte in the same sentence as Mardon and Carbon.

Yes he could switch off too, just like any player, but Whyte was quality for us and didn't look too shabby when winning the title with Leeds either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)