+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hegazi

Hegazi

Love the guy, always busts a gut. My man of the match yesterday. Cant see us keeping him when we go down but then he deserves better. He should be in the prem.

I don’t agree.

From the moment he messed up in the third game v Stoke,which cost us two
    points the bloke has had a major mistake in him just waiting to happen.

Watford’s last minutes equaliser was him misjudging the cross and letting the guy sneak in for the header!

That’s four lost points due directly to him and there have been other cock ups as well,most of his seem costly.

He reminds me of Paul Mardon,Chris Whyte and Matt carbon in that regard........he looks so solid and comfortable for much of a game and then.....bang... he switches off.

I think he is a decent player full of heart and I like a lot of his play and he’s certainly been no worse than Evans but that in itself is damning him with faint praise!

All players make mistakes, and Ahmed's made much less than the rest. He (and Foster) have been my Player of the Year by a long way.

Re run the replays of the goals against this season starting with the matches I mentioned and spot the critical error that leads to the goal leading to a loss of one or two points.

No question of Hegazi’s effort and work rate but concentration and the ability to do it for the full 90-95 minutes is not there at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    All players make mistakes, and Ahmed's made much less than the rest. He (and Foster) have been my Player of the Year by a long way.
    Check out fosters cock ups as well headless chicken spring to mind

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t agree.

From the moment he messed up in the third game v Stoke,which cost us two
    points the bloke has had a major mistake in him just waiting to happen.

Watford’s last minutes equaliser was him misjudging the cross and letting the guy sneak in for the header!

That’s four lost points due directly to him and there have been other cock ups as well,most of his seem costly.

He reminds me of Paul Mardon,Chris Whyte and Matt carbon in that regard........he looks so solid and comfortable for much of a game and then.....bang... he switches off.

I think he is a decent player full of heart and I like a lot of his play and he’s certainly been no worse than Evans but that in itself is damning him with faint praise!
    Time for you to book a visit to specsavers Mick.

I don't think that our dire situation can be put down to Hegazi and Foster. They have been two of our more consistent performers this season. The bottom line is that our squad, which in my opinion is no worse than many others in this division, haven't performed to their full potential, both individually and as a team. Selection, both under Pulis and Pardew, have been mystifying to say the least and this hasn't helped. The side at the present moment appear to be leaderless and rudderless as exemplified by Saturday's very poor showing. Someone needs to get them by the 'scruff of the neck' and instill some fight and backbone into them. If we go down fighting, so be it, but to go down with a whimper is just not acceptable and we, as fans, deserve more.

Think the major 2 factors in our problems are

Lack of pace
    Lack of a creative player

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I don't think that our dire situation can be put down to Hegazi and Foster. They have been two of our more consistent performers this season. The bottom line is that our squad, which in my opinion is no worse than many others in this division, haven't performed to their full potential, both individually and as a team. Selection, both under Pulis and Pardew, have been mystifying to say the least and this hasn't helped. The side at the present moment appear to be leaderless and rudderless as exemplified by Saturday's very poor showing. Someone needs to get them by the 'scruff of the neck' and instill some fight and backbone into them. If we go down fighting, so be it, but to go down with a whimper is just not acceptable and we, as fans, deserve more.

I agree! But what's Jenkins hoping for - Pardew to perform a feckin miracle and get 6 wins from 10. Can't he see the man is a complete dimwit and the players don't respect him or want to play for him. Why oh why, don't we twist immediately - even under Megson the players would be fired up going into the last ten games. It's not rocket science............

Had enough and totally fed up!!! Is the spineless owner/board going to act when we are 100% doomed - then again it's the West Brom way! Pathetic!!!

With Hegazi...I thought he was a bit green at first but he seems to have grown into the prem, the amount of crosses that he clears is good....for his mistakes, well I think they can be corrected by good management and coaching....he's definitely worth the effort.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)