Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: So despite all the doom and gloom after Hull...

  1. #1

    So despite all the doom and gloom after Hull...

    It’s back in our own hands.

    Cardiff have beaten Bristol today so now we’re 2 points off the play-offs with a game in hand of all the teams around us, was Hull just a very bad day at the office and can we push on from here starting at Reading? It seems that it’s not just United who are having the collywobbles and let’s be right, there’s been a game like Hull in just about every one of our promotion campaigns, last year was the exception.

    What’s the general view? Can we still do it even after Wilder’s comments, or like I’ve heard some Blades say, would we be better to build on this season and go again with a stronger squad? I think that’s dangerous personally because there’s no guarantee we’d have a stronger squad or even if we have that we’d get another chance like this anytime soon. Just look across the city.

  2. #2
    Thats one win in 10 for Bristol City

    While there's a chance, we have to go for it. But we also have to accept that if we fall short, then we've still done brilliantly, and we don't need any bloodletting or blame casting. Onwards and upwards...

  3. #3
    Its been a crazy weekend in the Championship, save for our neighbours who are consistent, I will give them that, consistently ****e.

    We need a reaction at Reading, it is still on for me .

  4. #4
    Credit to the Pork, yet another hard-fought 2-4 draw maintaining their place in the table. No wonder they’re so happy.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Credit to the Pork, yet another hard-fought 2-4 draw maintaining their place in the table. No wonder they’re so happy.
    Did they throw their shirts into the crowd at the final whistle?

    Cardiff are on a right run,be a right tussle between them and Villa for that 2nd spot,

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Did they throw their shirts into the crowd at the final whistle?

    Cardiff are on a right run,be a right tussle between them and Villa for that 2nd spot,
    Villa may have more money, but Cardiff have the better manager (IMHO)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Villa may have more money, but Cardiff have the better manager (IMHO)
    Both are very good at getting teams out of the Championship Ronald,if I was a betting man I would put a shiny sixpence on Villa.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    14,688
    I have a very good idea what happens to Sheff Utd and games in hand and a play off spot.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    I have a very good idea what happens to Sheff Utd and games in hand and a play off spot.


    Pretend Friday was the game in hand CBB.

  10. #10
    Wonderful first season back

    But the idea of at least two players competing for one place only really works if the players have the same qualities and then the system of play remains settled game after game

    I've never understood the term "He gives us something different"

    Do Barcelona go out and sign a 6 foot 7" centre forward because he offers something different ?

    It's a bit of an extreme analogy but no, they sign players that are talented enough to play to their unique style.

  11. #11
    its definetly still on if we can muster 4 points from these next 2 games not gonna be easy but possible really think the top 5 are gone but were still in there with 4 or 5 other teams for that 6th spot boro are the team that concern me slightly can see them finishing strongly

  12. #12
    Go for it but pick the right team That means Duffy starts.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Go for it but pick the right team That means Duffy starts.
    On ability Duffy starts no doubt abart it but obvs he can't start 3 games a week or the MESSIAH would start him wunt he? It's a shame Brooksy&Holmes haven't been available much.I think we'll beat Reading and draw wi Cloughy's boys or do i mean that the t'other way round? UTCB

  14. #14
    even with 3 games a week i would still start duffy but bring him off on 65 as usual surely he can manage that we need to start him to have any chance of play offs imo and yeah we need brooks and holmes back on the pitch

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    even with 3 games a week i would still start duffy but bring him off on 65 as usual surely he can manage that we need to start him to have any chance of play offs imo and yeah we need brooks and holmes back on the pitch
    Bringing him off after an hour would mean he would be only playing 2 out of every 3 games anyway. No brainer for me.

  16. #16
    i would tweak the system slightly at reading donaldson up front in a 3 4 2 1 formation think the link up play from midfield would be better and although the ball over the top for clayton is a good option dont think we would be using that type of pass as much we can go back to billy and leon for burton

  17. #17
    If only we'd performed even at 70% of our potential on Friday we'd've been r8 bang in the mix for the play offs,oh well ifs buts and maybe's.UTCB

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North of London South of Watford
    Posts
    2,994
    We are not the only team struggling at the moment - and its not surprising as the stakes are high and the pressure is starting to mount.

    We need to keep being positive, and playing positive football.

    God knows what happened last Friday - but at least the only way is up. Wilder has to keep believing in what he is doing - to give up and resort to hoof ball would be a tragedy IMHO.

    Am thinking of heading over to the Madeski tomorrow if the satnav doesn't freeze over

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    We are not the only team struggling at the moment - and its not surprising as the stakes are high and the pressure is starting to mount.

    We need to keep being positive, and playing positive football.

    God knows what happened last Friday - but at least the only way is up. Wilder has to keep believing in what he is doing - to give up and resort to hoof ball would be a tragedy IMHO.

    Am thinking of heading over to the Madeski tomorrow if the satnav doesn't freeze over
    I don’t think we were really struggling that much since the turn of the year Aya. The only time we got turned over was at Wolves. That’s what makes Friday’s performance so baffling.

    I do wonder now if what was going on with the protesters had an effect, we put in a similar performance at Coventry last season but scrambled a win. I’d love to be a fly on the wall this morning.

  20. #20
    and i think knew 3 points were there for the taking against a poor hull team anything like our normal performance and we would have won its really got to sir christopher but we go again tomorrow cant really see us winning but we need 4 points from these 2 games this week and burton aint gonna be easy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •