+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why change it

why change it

yet again he changes it and we phucking lose . keep leonard out of the side ffs. play the side thats just won,to mant swapping n changing . having said that clarke is garbage at the moment .

Have them all in for extra training
    Let them all learn how to control a football and learn how to make better decisions.

If they learn how to control a football the second touch might not be a tackle or a hoof up the field

Decision making was 100% WRONG in everything we did, it defies logic to be 100% wrong. But that's what we were.

We were obsessed with passing it when the pass wasn't on
    Kept hold of it when a clear pass WAS on
    Tried to cross it through a defender, every time a cross was attempted.
    Rather play head tennis than bring the ball down when in space
    Attempt to bring the ball down when there was no space
    Under hit passes that needed a decent strike on the ball
    Over hit little flicks and through balls that needed a deft touch
    Poor reading of the flight of the ball when going for a header

Diagonal ball after diagonal ball that took 20 seconds to reach its target, then wonder why they kept getting intercepted due to their general lack of brain cells

Three deep sitting midfielders who were sitting 50-60 yards further back from Billy and Leon.

Tonight has really pi55ed me off because I knew exactly what was going to happen. I was talking to a mate today and predicted 1-0 and we'd be shyte confirming the whole nations views that we're sh@t really and have just been lucky.

And I am now seriously worried about next season because that magic has completely gone from our game
    Last edited by JJBlade; 23-02-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    yet again he changes it and we phucking lose . keep leonard out of the side ffs. play the side thats just won,to mant swapping n changing . having said that clarke is garbage at the moment .
    Folk wudda slammed the MESSIAH for not pickin our best side and FLECKY is defo in our best side Twirls.It wasn't as if we were convincin against QPR,we were hangin on in the last 25 mins,if Duffy was younger/fitter he would start most games.Very disapointin result and performance and no bullcack from The MESSIAH in his interview after the game.UTCB

There's just a lack of movement in the midfield, we're not using George and Enda as much to release the ball to, and our back three are going long instead of looking for a ball to feet. I was always told, 'a ball in the air is 50/50', so its hardly surprising that we lost possession as much as we did last night. I have no doubt that teams have found a way to play us, by pressing us high, dropping deep in numbers and pushing us into the corners, but we really didn't show anything last night against a Hull side with talent and desire. That's as isolated as I've seen Billy and Leon since Adkins was here.

I appreciate CW's candidness, but he dropped the lollipop, no-one else. Less than a win at Reading and our slim chance for play-offs has got a lot slimmer. We've lost some mojo for sure, but now is not the time for dummy spitting from Manager, players, or those in the stands

Wilder has created a problem that was not there by bringing in Evans and Leonard,he is now falling into the trap of having to justify the signings by playing them at the expense of Duffy and Lundstram,its upset the apple cart.
    Leonard will never make it in the championship he is too weak cannot hold onto the ball,he is not what we needed and Southend had our pants down with him,i can see him being loaned back next season to league 1.
    Evans he is so one dimensional,he is basically Lundstram by another name.
    Fleck must be scratching his head when he is asked to play with any 2 of those 3,and it shows in our slow slow play and is possibly why the defenders are now hoofing the ball more and more.

It is now wonder that our strikers are looking poor there is no service.

Last nite only Baldock showed any sort of drive.

Never mind we are higher than anyone expected us to be,but i dont look forward to next season,unless we get more quality and strength in the middle of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Have them all in for extra training
    Let them all learn how to control a football and learn how to make better decisions.

If they learn how to control a football the second touch might not be a tackle or a hoof up the field

Decision making was 100% WRONG in everything we did, it defies logic to be 100% wrong. But that's what we were.

We were obsessed with passing it when the pass wasn't on
    Kept hold of it when a clear pass WAS on
    Tried to cross it through a defender, every time a cross was attempted.
    Rather play head tennis than bring the ball down when in space
    Attempt to bring the ball down when there was no space
    Under hit passes that needed a decent strike on the ball
    Over hit little flicks and through balls that needed a deft touch
    Poor reading of the flight of the ball when going for a header

Diagonal ball after diagonal ball that took 20 seconds to reach its target, then wonder why they kept getting intercepted due to their general lack of brain cells

Three deep sitting midfielders who were sitting 50-60 yards further back from Billy and Leon.

Tonight has really pi55ed me off because I knew exactly what was going to happen. I was talking to a mate today and predicted 1-0 and we'd be shyte confirming the whole nations views that we're sh@t really and have just been lucky.

And I am now seriously worried about next season because that magic has completely gone from our game
    That’s just the point, they do know how to control a football and tackle, we’ve seen it time and again as recent as in the first hour on Tuesday. We need to know why not one player managed to do it last night and play utter shiite.

As for you predicting our impending failure next season, it’s a bit early mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    For me it wasn’t so much him changing a couple of players Twirls, it was that he changed the way we normally play against a bottom 4 team albeit they’ve got a decent home record.

I understand it might have been different if Brooks and Holmes had been fit, but nobody will convince me that the players weren’t instructed to lump it forward from the off. I think the idea was that with 3 ball winning midfielders we’d control that area and then get the ball wide to the wing backs but all three had a mare. We should have stuck to our normal game, we couldn’t possibly have done any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post

Relegation dog fight next season lads, you can bet on it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    Relegation dog fight next season lads, you can bet on it.
    Based on what?

Wilder thinks comments about formations, selections and tactical changes are pretty much rubbish. As he says, when players are under no pressure and fail to make simple passes again and again, he can't account for that when picking a team when he's watched them manage it many times before.

He also said why he keeps picking Leon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast