+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Rams, question from a Cardiff fan.

Morning Rams, question from a Cardiff fan.

Hello all. The Championship race for the Prem is really hotting up now and it's going to be a great run in. We have managed a few wins on the trot and we're all amazed at the season we're having. Like him or hate him, you have to admit Warnock gets his teams of quite ordinary players and moulds them into winners.

Anyway, a couple of us are coming up to Derby for our game with you on 18th March (should be a cracker) and we are trying to book into the Travel Lodge, Pride Park for the Saturday night. Can you give us some good info about local pubs where we can go on the Saturday for a cheap fish and chips, and to watch the rugby? We are a couple of old farts, so just out for a good weekend. In fact, the last time I went to Derby was at the Baseball Ground in probably the late 60's and we won 4-3, I think it was about February time, and I remember it was revenge for you coming to Ninian Park and winning 5-1 about the October time. I'm sure Cloughie was your manager then, but as I said, being an old fart my memory may be out of sync. So any info would be appreciated on this pub. Don't mind getting a taxi, just a pub with some atmosphere (and a good pint of Guinness) Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jerection View Post
    Hello all. The Championship race for the Prem is really hotting up now and it's going to be a great run in. We have managed a few wins on the trot and we're all amazed at the season we're having. Like him or hate him, you have to admit Warnock gets his teams of quite ordinary players and moulds them into winners.

Anyway, a couple of us are coming up to Derby for our game with you on 18th March (should be a cracker) and we are trying to book into the Travel Lodge, Pride Park for the Saturday night. Can you give us some good info about local pubs where we can go on the Saturday for a cheap fish and chips, and to watch the rugby? We are a couple of old farts, so just out for a good weekend. In fact, the last time I went to Derby was at the Baseball Ground in probably the late 60's and we won 4-3, I think it was about February time, and I remember it was revenge for you coming to Ninian Park and winning 5-1 about the October time. I'm sure Cloughie was your manager then, but as I said, being an old fart my memory may be out of sync. So any info would be appreciated on this pub. Don't mind getting a taxi, just a pub with some atmosphere (and a good pint of Guinness) Cheers.
    Derby Evening Telegraph

Real ale pubs in and around the city are:- The Flowerpot, The Tap on Derwent st, The Brunswick, The Alex, The Silk Mill and The Dolphin. You have a large choice.
    Nice to see your a regular follower of Cardiff and you travel to Derby on a regular basis, I can see that you don't only follow Cardiff when the good times are here!
    A word of warning I wouldn't mention Warnock if asking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramfantastic View Post
    Real ale pubs in and around the city are:- The Flowerpot, The Tap on Derwent st, The Brunswick, The Alex, The Silk Mill and The Dolphin. You have a large choice.
    Nice to see your a regular follower of Cardiff and you travel to Derby on a regular basis, I can see that you don't only follow Cardiff when the good times are here!
    Brunswick and Alex are next to each other and within walking distance (there anyway, back depends on consumption!), not sure if they have TVs though. Dolphin/Silk Mill/Derby sports Bar are within 50 yards of each other and a taxi ride from the ground, Flower pot is 100 metres away. You'd actually be better booking into the Jurys which is nearby this latter little group of pubs if you want a jolly up and stagger home on the sat eve

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Brunswick and Alex are next to each other and within walking distance (there anyway, back depends on consumption!), not sure if they have TVs though. Dolphin/Silk Mill/Derby sports Bar are within 50 yards of each other and a taxi ride from the ground, Flower pot is 100 metres away. You'd actually be better booking into the Jurys which is nearby this latter little group of pubs if you want a jolly up and stagger home on the sat eve
    Thanks for your help, we booked the Travel lodge because it's next to PP, so have a big brekky in the morning and a stroll to the ground. Looking forward to the trip, and the game, and hoping for a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramfantastic View Post
    Funny, we can't mention Warnock in most of the country lol. But most teams in the Championship would take him knowing that he'd get you up. But if we did happen to make it to the Prem, he's probably not the man to keep us there. Got a feeling we'll be his last club, he's 69 now and his missus has had some health issues, so he may retire. We'll all miss the characters when they go.

Colin is most certainly a character.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Colin is most certainly a character.
    Colin! Lol...actually his autobiography is worth a read even if he and a certain Joey Barton do seem to have selective memory issues.

You’ll have to have a bloomin’ long ‘brekky’, Huge...you’ll struggle to make that ‘stroll’ last more than ten minutes.
    The Brunswick is my favourite of the pubs mentioned...the others are good too but the Dolphin and the Silk Mill are a little more City Centre (Catherdral Quarter) and there are the usual nutters in Derby who might take exception to a Welsh accent in the not unlikely event of you being ‘joyfully merry’.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-02-2018 at 03:25 PM.

What type of brekky do they serve at travel lodge then; they aren't part of or next total pub chain

I'll say this about Warnock. A bloody effective manager. He's more like the Pullis of the lower divisions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)