+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: champioship ceiling but not the floor

champioship ceiling but not the floor

WE are in such a mess on and off the field- rotten to the very core of the club

This will certainly see what Lai is like as a businessman- he is not a football man

- Here is my top line
    1 He paid way too much for the club.
    2 Premiership status was essential to both payback and business plans at home
    3 Restrictions at home limit much investment

So what does he do/ invest to get back or sell everything to liquidate losses?

I think he chooses second route- £100m in parachute payments over 3 years & sell off some players to get back at least £50m - maybe the whole investment

He leaves us to our fate

Hence the title- The Chamopionship is our ceiling it may not be our floor

And anyone with half a brain could see it coming - old players who are here for a payday not a fight, proven failure managers, a board with no vision and featherbedding contracts

Mr Lai - no doubt is thinking..... I want out at the minumum cost but who will buy?- best is to liquidate the assets/playwers and pocket the parachute money.

Wouldn't you if football was a vehicle and the Baggies merely an asset not a passion?- it was a business venture that has failed dramatically

Minimise the losses- the asset was always overvalued

Totally agree. Wouldn't be surprised if the club is up for sale by Christmas. I fear this could be a dark period for us.

Don't want to worry you but it is said that the Hawthorns has provisional planning for five tower blocks of flats...

I can't agree..in the short term anyway.

Any businessman would want his investment back as you are pointing out.

But the best tactic for longevity would be for us to get promoted back to the premiership. Back to the land of milk and honey, we have 2 years of parachute money to make it happen.

If we are still in the championship after the parachute payments, then yep, it's time to panic

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)