Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 181 to 188 of 188

Thread: OT: Jezzer turns his back on the referendum result

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

    Do you care whatís the Guardian says about anything?
    Why Britons voted to leave the EU
    http://johnpilger.com/articles/why-t...d-no-to-europe

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    It's spot on that and it has come from a Former Daily Mirror man and anti establishment apologist.


    John Richard Pilger (/ˈpɪldʒər/ born 9 October 1939[1][2]) is an Australian journalist and documentary film maker based in the United Kingdom since 1962.[3][4][5]

    Pilger has been a strong critic of American, Australian and British foreign policy, which he considers to be driven by an imperialist agenda. Pilger has also criticised his native country's treatment of Indigenous Australians.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Aside from my concern when anyone tries to be an authority on why millions of different people voted for anything, Pilgerís views were last relevant when Harold Wilson was prime minister.

    Heís criticising Corbyn for being too moderate!

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Aside from my concern when anyone tries to be an authority on why millions of different people voted for anything, Pilgerís views were last relevant when Harold Wilson was prime minister.

    Heís criticising Corbyn for being too moderate!







    he's giving an opinion !! You have no interest or opinion for the reasons why people voted leave then.. I voted remain BTW.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    he's giving an opinion !! You have no interest or opinion for the reasons why people voted leave then.. I voted remain BTW.
    Absolutely I do. But only when the reasons are being sought by competent pollsters asking a decently sized, representative sample of the population. Not an old lefty dinosaur ideologue.

    When people are asked, it usually comes down to a variation of the fact that theyíve been lied to about immigration for the last 40 years.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    6,940
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Absolutely I do. But only when the reasons are being sought by competent pollsters asking a decently sized, representative sample of the population. Not an old lefty dinosaur ideologue.

    When people are asked, it usually comes down to a variation of the fact that they’ve been lied to about immigration for the last 40 years.
    You mean it's only ok when they ask people with the same view as yours then?

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You mean it's only ok when they ask people with the same view as yours then?
    Not sure whether thatís another example of your sparkling sense of humour, but thatís pretty much the opposite of what I meant.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Absolutely I do. But only when the reasons are being sought by competent pollsters asking a decently sized, representative sample of the population. Not an old lefty dinosaur ideologue.

    When people are asked, it usually comes down to a variation of the fact that theyíve been lied to about immigration for the last 40 years.
    That's a poor and simplistic answer that I think just isn't correct and not the reason my wife and son voted leave.

    Though I voted remain some of my good friends who voted remain are just as described in the JP article, still stamping there foot in a big sulk over it as if..."how could these oiks be allowed to vote" attitude.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •