Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 188

Thread: OT: Jezzer turns his back on the referendum result

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,801
    ... it's not us on the back foot. All we need to do is carry on with normal life and laugh at the Remoaner panic as it continues to develop as they realise their pretentious privileged position slips away. As for NI, personally, I would cede NI to Eire; it will happen eventually anyway as the catholic/republican population increases over time and their vote will see the return to a natural state. (The failed British policy of partition never worked, did it? But that's another topic). However and in the mean-time the border fuss - transfer of goods - can be dealt with by a simple invoicing agreement which declares pricing at whatever rates we end up with ... WTO/any other rate. As for those (don't know the number, but it'll probably be hundreds/perhaps more) that work across the border (both ways) you have the equivalent of a work visa. The only ones who will kick off will be the criminals ... and the phoney Good Friday Agreement will rear its ugly face again. No doubt the pacifist Left will go for appeasement, again. Let's see.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... it's not us on the back foot. All we need to do is carry on with normal life and laugh at the Remoaner panic as it continues to develop as they realise their pretentious privileged position slips away. As for NI, personally, I would cede NI to Eire; it will happen eventually anyway as the catholic/republican population increases over time and their vote will see the return to a natural state. (The failed British policy of partition never worked, did it? But that's another topic). However and in the mean-time the border fuss - transfer of goods - can be dealt with by a simple invoicing agreement which declares pricing at whatever rates we end up with ... WTO/any other rate. As for those (don't know the number, but it'll probably be hundreds/perhaps more) that work across the border (both ways) you have the equivalent of a work visa. The only ones who will kick off will be the criminals ... and the phoney Good Friday Agreement will rear its ugly face again. No doubt the pacifist Left will go for appeasement, again. Let's see.
    Why not share the above thoughts with the DUP and then we can have an election immediately?

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,161
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Why not share the above thoughts with the DUP and then we can have an election immediately?
    I concur Sid.
    Let them have a referendum, then we'll all abide by it. No one would complain, as that is what democracy is all about.
    What could possibly go wrong?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I concur Sid.
    Let them have a referendum, then we'll all abide by it. No one would complain, as that is what democracy is all about.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Will this referendum be legally binding or simply advisory?

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    22,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Will this referendum be legally binding or simply advisory?
    And will the winners actually have a plan of action?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Will this referendum be legally binding or simply advisory?
    Depends on when it is offered, that the offer er promises to abide by it and see it through.
    It would also depend on those voting, to shut the **** up and stop moaning on its result.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You don't half spout some baloney. As far as Corbyn is concerned you slagged him off from Day 1 so he certainly won't miss your support.
    Doing what Labour now is will give the Ireland problem a chance of solution. The Tories had no way out of that one.
    As for you, Hayle, surely you're smart enough to know that a Parliamentary democracy means rule by the members not by the diktat of a party's leader.
    Of course, he weighed up the alternatives and saw this was the way to power, splitting the Tories asunder, out-Torying the Tories and keeping able politicians like Starmer and Umunna on board.
    I want Labour in charge of the country, not forming an honourable opposition for the next 4 years. Who knows where we'llbe this time next year? League 1 and a Labour government? That would be sweet, wouldn't it, Suckerman?
    And that effective poster, Elite, is right. Any change in our constitution of this magnitude needed a better voting mechanism - like two-thirds of the people required to say 'Leave'.
    An honourable opposition - what, this bloody crew of front bench Dogfaces that can hardly speak the Queen's English?

    Roll on Friday and let Theresa's speech show what conducting a negotiation is all about ..... not that the mongrels will understand, all they can do is let someone make money and they'll spend it.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,842
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    An honourable opposition - what, this bloody crew of front bench Dogfaces that can hardly speak the Queen's English?

    Roll on Friday and let Theresa's speech show what conducting a negotiation is all about ..... not that the mongrels will understand, all they can do is let someone make money and they'll spend it.

    Hahaha. Great parody account.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,084
    Things are warming up between Steward & gumpie in the betting competition.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Hahaha. Great parody account.
    Whats this - another idiotic buzzword phrase that schoolkids use?

    "So as I said like" etc please enlighten me.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Whats this - another idiotic buzzword phrase that schoolkids use?

    "So as I said like" etc please enlighten me.
    Mate, you can not enlighten the Momentum brain dead Marxist followers, they have a death wish.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,842
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Whats this - another idiotic buzzword phrase that schoolkids use?

    "So as I said like" etc please enlighten me.
    Lolz. You used “Theresa” and “negotiate” in the same sentence, so I assumed you were taking the piss. Bantz!

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Lolz. You used “Theresa” and “negotiate” in the same sentence, so I assumed you were taking the piss. Bantz!

    Better than waving the white flag.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,842
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Better than waving the white flag.
    Says the big patriot who’s quite happy to see the break up of the UK.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,074
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Says the big patriot who’s quite happy to see the break up of the UK.

    Typical uneducated Labour answer, not surprised actually, they are all the same.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And will the winners actually have a plan of action?
    And the losers accept defeat gracefully.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I concur Sid.
    Let them have a referendum, then we'll all abide by it. No one would complain, as that is what democracy is all about.
    What could possibly go wrong?
    May I quote Soccerman and say 'lol'.


    If the losers don't like it they can play the 'but-but-but-there-wasnt-enough-information-on-the-ballot-paper' card.
    Commonly known as the 'Butt Hurt' or 'Soubry'.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Jezzer turns his back on the Referendum result...and I'm loving it!
    Didn't you post a few weeks ago that you would "fight to keep the country democratic"?

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,161
    Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Didn't you post a few weeks ago that you would "fight to keep the country democratic"?
    Well wave his stick aggressively in the air, anyway.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    Didn't you post a few weeks ago that you would "fight to keep the country democratic"?
    Please find the post you are accusing me of because I'm pretty sure I said no such thing. My position was and remains that a major constitutional change should require a 2/3 majority.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •