+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Jezzer turns his back on the referendum result

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's a very strange thing for me to say, but I'm with George Galloway on this, for those who George's saw opinion piece on 'This Week' last Thursday night. He was basically quoting Napoleon's "Never interrupt your enemy when he is busy making a mistake".

Jeremy Corbyn didn't need to do or say anything. He was sitting pretty watching the Conservative Party publicly tear itself apart, whilst largely avoiding having to address the conflict between his own private view and that of the Blairites.

Today, Jeremy has issued a statement which I still don't think will be personally satisfying to him, and by so doing has compromised the one quality that in many people's view sets him apart from the "typical" modern day politician, namely his relatively high degree of ideological integrity.

I don't know if he's been 'got at' by the Blairites, or whether he's more like the "rest" than I gave him credit for, but it could be a bad move, especially in terms of trying to win back the working class Labour vote in the north.
    He had to do it sooner or later though, he's balancing the hard left vote against the young europhile vote and he can't do it forever. Maybe he's just thinking it's better to do it when he can maximise the pain for the Tories.
    Last edited by drillerpie; 26-02-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    He had to do it sooner or later though, he's balancing the hard left vote against the young europhile vote and he can't do it forever. Maybe he's just thinking it's better to do it when he can maximise the pain for the Tories.
    The younger Europhiles who make it from Twitterland to the polling station (so delete at least 50%!) were always likely to vote Labour anyway, especially in the south-east. It's the working class vote in the north of England who (finally) seem to have decided/realised that the Labour Party doesn't actually represent them, after years of voting that way simply "because we're working class". This should be a fantastic opportunity for the Conservative Party to make hay, except they've got too many problems with their own imposters. At present, the expressed view of 52% of the country is not being convincingly represented by either of the two major parties.
    Last edited by jackal2; 26-02-2018 at 11:44 PM.

[QUOTE=seriouspie;38813305]I can't remember us ever ruling the world ...../QUOTE]

You must have missed the history lesson about our imperialist predecessors then? And the slavery and colonialism that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    This Marxist has been against the EU all his political life. But now sees a way of trying to bring the Tories down. Sheer brass faced political posturing with no regard to the majority that voted out.

Only the uneducated and Momentum members cannot see what a total hypocritical lying chancer this man is.

Thick voting students..be aware...

The failing Guardian readers will be happy.
    I am so so glad that you are against this ,
    you are a massive pancake tosser and in my opinion anything you are against, is in general good !
    In your many many posts I think I have only ever seen one that might have been possibly worthwhile and valid !........

The younger Europhiles who make it from Twitterland to the polling station (so delete at least 50%!) were always likely to vote Labour anyway, especially in the south-east. It's the working class vote in the north of England who (finally) seem to have decided/realised that the Labour Party doesn't actually represent them, after years of voting that way simply "because we're working class". This should be a fantastic opportunity for the Conservative Party to make hay, except they've got too many problems with their own imposters. At present, the expressed view of 52% of the country is not being convincingly represented by either of the two major parties.
    At the last election the gap in turnout between younger and older voters was less than in the referendum: about 60 per cent for 18 to 24 year olds against around 85 per cent for the oldest voters. This happens in every country, not just the UK.

Some interesting breakdowns of the 2017 vote here

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/13...eral-election/

Agree that Labour doesn't represent the working class anymore, although the fact that Labour voters took decades to figure that out and carried on voting for them from a sense of belonging or identity for so long just highlights how voting is often not a rational process.

By the same token anyone with low skills doing a low wage job would have to have a screw loose to vote Conservative, UKIP barely exists anymore. Who represents the working class now? Nobody really, not even the unions, which probably explains some of the political trends in Europe and the US lately, but you'd have a hard time persuading me that May can take these votes from Corbyn.

It's a very strange thing for me to say, but I'm with George Galloway on this, for those who George's saw opinion piece on 'This Week' last Thursday night. He was basically quoting Napoleon's "Never interrupt your enemy when he is busy making a mistake".

Jeremy Corbyn didn't need to do or say anything. He was sitting pretty watching the Conservative Party publicly tear itself apart, whilst largely avoiding having to address the conflict between his own private view and that of the Blairites.

Today, Jeremy has issued a statement which I still don't think will be personally satisfying to him, and by so doing has compromised the one quality that in many people's view sets him apart from the "typical" modern day politician, namely his relatively high degree of ideological integrity.

I don't know if he's been 'got at' by the Blairites, or whether he's more like the "rest" than I gave him credit for, but it could be a bad move, especially in terms of trying to win back the working class Labour vote in the north.
    Well he fooled you George, Crusty has sold his golden principles in his drive to be PM. hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJHGzA9g3Ok

Best post on this fred, Mr Jackal 2. I think Corbyn has been under immense pressure for Labour to cash in on the train crash that is the current Tory party.
    It's true that, to some extent, he didn't have to do anything other than sit back and watch the enemy tear chunks out of one another but that left him wide open to the charge that Labour didn't actually stand for anything.
    And the corollary to the Working Class (whoever they are) not being represented by any party these days is that Labour is free to appeal beyond the old divide of the poor and disenfranchised. The professional and intellectual groups are there to be recruited by a party that gives a fig about justice and a fairer distribution of wealth.
    On the back of this, can I say that I am still not convinced by Jezzer but he will have to carry the standard until something/someone more convincing emerges.
    Is the same true of Kevin Nolan?

.. I hope all you Corbynistas are happy to be aligned with the lying hypocrite who, when it came to a crunch, couldn’t fight his way through the pincers of bullying Momentum and the south-east Blairite lobby. He’s a weak, spineless apology of a politician
    What the mardy media and moaning Remoaners don’t get is that in a negotiation nobody outside the actual negotiators have any rights to determine the outcome at all. What, so far, has been outstanding is that the May-Davis team have shown us very little detail – just the odd snippet to shut up the media – which is exactly right.
    There won’t be any deal until the proverbial last minute because that’s the way the EU work – to agree anything ‘early’ would almost be loss of face for them. We should acknowledge that the EU are financial rapists and you do all you can to protect your interests.
    In the mean-time, screams from the Remoaners and political chancers will grow ever louder the nearer we get to exit time and the privileged establishment see their golden future slipping away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    .. I hope all you Corbynistas are happy to be aligned with the lying hypocrite who, when it came to a crunch, couldn’t fight his way through the pincers of bullying Momentum and the south-east Blairite lobby. He’s a weak, spineless apology of a politician
    What the mardy media and moaning Remoaners don’t get is that in a negotiation nobody outside the actual negotiators have any rights to determine the outcome at all. What, so far, has been outstanding is that the May-Davis team have shown us very little detail – just the odd snippet to shut up the media – which is exactly right.
    There won’t be any deal until the proverbial last minute because that’s the way the EU work – to agree anything ‘early’ would almost be loss of face for them. We should acknowledge that the EU are financial rapists and you do all you can to protect your interests.
    In the mean-time, screams from the Remoaners and political chancers will grow ever louder the nearer we get to exit time and the privileged establishment see their golden future slipping away.
    The tone of your comments pleases me. Now I know you're on the back foot.
    And while we're at it, do you agree with Bozo that crossing from Northern Ireland to the South is no different from crossing between two London Boroughs?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The tone of your comments pleases me. Now I know you're on the back foot.
    And while we're at it, do you agree with Bozo that crossing from Northern Ireland to the South is no different from crossing between two London Boroughs?
    If Corbyn gets his way, there will be no border.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-31396059.html

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast