+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quiz the Rad Today at ER Opportunity ....... Positives & Negatives take note !

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Quiz the Chairman, Managing Director and Director of Football.

Supporters will get the opportunity to ask Leeds United’s highest ranking officials their questions this Monday (26th February) as Andrea Radrizzani, Angus Kinnear and Victor Orta take part in a live Q&A session, which will be streamed exclusively on the LUTV App.

We want supporters to put their questions forward to us this weekend by tweeting them along with the hashtag #ASKLUFC.

X
    Hello Mrs O - i don't have access to any social media - i don't believe in it - but i'd be very interested in an answer to the following question, about something that was drawn to my attention by a graphic designer friend of mine last week. Please can you try and get it into the conversation? Hopefully the questions won't be vetted in advance, or chosen by an official presenter as i assume that would knock this out, but you never know - perhaps total openness is still possible in the digital age:

Last week i was shown a website (Shutterstock - used for stock images in business and industry) which contained a generic image.

The image was exactly the same as the one used by Leeds United for its new 'crest', except that the words Leeds United were not on this version.

Apparently it has been suggested in graphic design circles that the 'new Leeds United crest' that was released a few weeks ago, was simply a version of that original generic image.

If that is the case, (obviously I'm sure supporters would welcome confirmation if it definitely isn't the case), is the club really suggesting that that is an appropriate way to design a new club badge, especially when it contradicts the process we were lead to believe happened?

I'd be really grateful to know that this isn't true - unfortunately it's hard to know what to believe nowadays, especially on the internet and in corporate circles.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And you are remarkably gullible

I don't understand mate why you are so hostile about this. BB has only put down what has been said and I'd like to say "thank you for that BB" You can, like us all make of it what you will. Not too sure what you really want from whoever we get. We all want success yes? but most are level headed and understand our plight in some capacity.
    Sick of looking back and comparing, we are what we are now. We all have our differences on that. The club as a business is about as sound has I've seen it since our implosion.....

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    "Radrizzani on 'who got rid of Rob Green' last summer - said Leeds were happy to keep him but Green wanted a guarantee to play as number one. "He preferred have his chance to move out. In the end he didn't get many minutes where he went."

unfortunately this doesnt fit into WTF11´s modus operandi, therefore the Rad must be lying.......
    And while we're at it, why not give Green guaranteed No.1 spot, based on performance (don't tell me you think he said "I want No.1 even if I let 12 goals a match in"!)? Bring whichever chancer/hopeful in you like to keep the guy honest, but give him No.1. We have that, de facto, now with Flapper, which of the two would you prefer to there right now?

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    I don't understand mate why you are so hostile about this. BB has only put down what has been said and I'd like to say "thank you for that BB" You can, like us all make of it what you will. Not too sure what you really want from whoever we get. We all want success yes? but most are level headed and understand our plight in some capacity.
    Sick of looking back and comparing, we are what we are now. We all have our differences on that. The club as a business is about as sound has I've seen it since our implosion.....
    Ok, first off, we get a post on here just before midday today suggesting we put questions "this weekend" i.e the one just gone to the three stooges, at a session to be held TODAY. Then the usual suspects suggest Marley and I put some questions to said three stooges, impossible to do because (at present) i don't think time travel is possible.

Secondly, I mean, come on George, you're not as wet behind the ears as BB surely? Our board members say something, and we take it as gospel? Since when have we had a board that tells us anything like the truth? Even if it was (the point about Green particularly), I have asked again and again, but the supporters of the boards action fail to explain what was wrong with giving Green a guarantee as No.1 keeper and bringing in whatever clown our DoF wanted in order to keep Green "honest"? If he (Green) f00ked up, then the new boy could be given a blooding, or not. But that would depend on Green not performing, and hence the new boy not being put in the shop window. As it is, it's backfired monumentally, with almost (almost) everyone suggesting that any alternative is better than the Flapper.

Read the other posts from BB about the statements emanating from our DoF or Radrizzani and each and every one is accompanied by some childish remark about opinions I have expressed being wrong, as if any of those making the statements are incapable of "embellishing" the truth, or misdirecting a comment here or there. Plus we have the old "we spent this much" mantra spewed out again, without any reference to the 50% of signings being complete and absolute dross and a wast of the (inflated) wage bill, as if spending so much is the b-all and end-all, when it most patently isn't.

What do I want? For the club to INVEST, not speculate, big difference. I don't actually want us to get promotion this season because as a club I don't think we have the structures nor the talent in place to make sure the squad that (might) get us there can be re-built in the close season, and I for one DO NOT want us to be a yo-yo club, we get there we stay there. I'd prefer that investment to focus on real quality in the core 1st team, and judicious spending on good youthful players who can play in the 1st team almost straight away, when it's sensible to give them that opportunity. I think the Cultural link is a huge and wasteful diversion, of funds and attention, and it should be terminated forthwith.

A "sound business", probably true, but with a bloated wage bill that isn't necessary (Radrizzani himself has said as much). we could be more sound and more able to spend wisely if the strategy of trawling wannabes from all four corners of the globe were to be scrapped in favour of quality, not quantity. But that's not going to happen, because it doesn't fit the "business model" that suits/favours the immediate requirements of our DoF and his mate Bravo (and Radrizzani seems incapable of waking up and smelling the coffee, or maybe he doesn't care).

That's why I'm so hostile about this

Ok, first off, we get a post on here just before midday today suggesting we put questions "this weekend" i.e the one just gone to the three stooges, at a session to be held TODAY. Then the usual suspects suggest Marley and I put some questions to said three stooges, impossible to do because (at present) i don't think time travel is possible.

Secondly, I mean, come on George, you're not as wet behind the ears as BB surely? Our board members say something, and we take it as gospel? Since when have we had a board that tells us anything like the truth? Even if it was (the point about Green particularly), I have asked again and again, but the supporters of the boards action fail to explain what was wrong with giving Green a guarantee as No.1 keeper and bringing in whatever clown our DoF wanted in order to keep Green "honest"? If he (Green) f00ked up, then the new boy could be given a blooding, or not. But that would depend on Green not performing, and hence the new boy not being put in the shop window. As it is, it's backfired monumentally, with almost (almost) everyone suggesting that any alternative is better than the Flapper.

Read the other posts from BB about the statements emanating from our DoF or Radrizzani and each and every one is accompanied by some childish remark about opinions I have expressed being wrong, as if any of those making the statements are incapable of "embellishing" the truth, or misdirecting a comment here or there. Plus we have the old "we spent this much" mantra spewed out again, without any reference to the 50% of signings being complete and absolute dross and a wast of the (inflated) wage bill, as if spending so much is the b-all and end-all, when it most patently isn't.

What do I want? For the club to INVEST, not speculate, big difference. I don't actually want us to get promotion this season because as a club I don't think we have the structures nor the talent in place to make sure the squad that (might) get us there can be re-built in the close season, and I for one DO NOT want us to be a yo-yo club, we get there we stay there. I'd prefer that investment to focus on real quality in the core 1st team, and judicious spending on good youthful players who can play in the 1st team almost straight away, when it's sensible to give them that opportunity. I think the Cultural link is a huge and wasteful diversion, of funds and attention, and it should be terminated forthwith.

A "sound business", probably true, but with a bloated wage bill that isn't necessary (Radrizzani himself has said as much). we could be more sound and more able to spend wisely if the strategy of trawling wannabes from all four corners of the globe were to be scrapped in favour of quality, not quantity. But that's not going to happen, because it doesn't fit the "business model" that suits/favours the immediate requirements of our DoF and his mate Bravo (and Radrizzani seems incapable of waking up and smelling the coffee, or maybe he doesn't care).

Thanks, that's a reply!

BB like the best of us on here, has a bit o fun! we are all about this place for one thing......our club, we all want the same thing. Getting all bent out of shape on most things we can do rock all about is senseless......folk will poke fun at this, myself included. Let things go mate, unless you can do something about your concerns, grumble and moan like the rest of us.......but hostile?

I actually agree with most of this WTF - what continues to bug me is that you simply seem incapable of ever letting thread go bye without chucking in your too often repeated boring neverending distaste for Orta - and apparently the chairman and MD - in this particular thread.

It would be nice to read a thread that hasn't got every other post from you mouthing off against the board [Doesn't seem to matter which board either] It would be good if you had a flounce..... and had a few days off.

Apart from that - a "Rare" good post IMO

Took me about 5 minutes to "pen" that post, and about 30 seconds after I hit the "post" button, I was of doing other stuff more related to real life, not bent out of shape at all tbh (at least if allowing such things to fester is "bent out of shape").

BB may like his "fun", but with some of the comments Jez and I have made, takes great pleasure (apparently) in saying "I told you so" if not in so many words, when all he is really doing is regurgitating the statements of the great and good. More often than not there is no more "evidence" for instance than I am able to produce to support opinions I express.

Hostile? Nah, I'd get banned if I was hostile (and no, to al those who pounced on that, I don't intend getting banned!)

we have an italian owner , and a spanish director of football .lol they would not have been able to find leeds on a map a few years ago lol

do you honestly think they have the best interests of leeds utd coarsing through their veins , of course not, they are businessman here to make money . they will leave this club the same way, bates , gfh , cellino all did making a huge profit , and leaving this club no better off in the footballing world than we were fif**** years ago.

this club requires somebody who will take direct action, on what is needed to be done now , not half hearted attempts and compromises while they keep one eye on their business interests elsewhere . someone who first and foremost is a football man not just a business man, here to make a few quid , radrizaani does not have a clue how to run a football club, and does not know how much money it will take to get leeds back in the premier league. thats why he as brought all these clowns in as his so called advisors, im afraid it does not take very long to work out, that we have got another owner who his just going through the motions , before he sells up and disappears in to the sunset like his predecessors before him.

the patience ran out years ago with many fans , because we are not learning from what as happened before with previous owners, and are just continually going down the same path , and watching the same mistakes been made over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I actually agree with most of this WTF - what continues to bug me is that you simply seem incapable of ever letting thread go bye without chucking in your too often repeated boring neverending distaste for Orta - and apparently the chairman and MD - in this particular thread.

It would be nice to read a thread that hasn't got every other post from you mouthing off against the board [Doesn't seem to matter which board either] It would be good if you had a flounce..... and had a few days off.

Apart from that - a "Rare" good post IMO
    So if you agree (and have a look at other message boards, forum (fora?) etc. to see there are a LOT more who do), you'd suggest a change of strategy would be good, yes? Is posting here going to make any difference? Unlikely. Is NOT posting here likely to make any difference, GUARANTEED not to.

So no flounce, no days off, and the sentiments around our DoF and his baleful influence on the club will be expressed where it seems appropriate to do so (not every thread, but as DoF he has influence on a LOT of what happens, n'est pas?).

BTW, glad you enjoyed the rare one

Took me about 5 minutes to "pen" that post, and about 30 seconds after I hit the "post" button, I was of doing other stuff more related to real life, not bent out of shape at all tbh (at least if allowing such things to fester is "bent out of shape").

BB may like his "fun", but with some of the comments Jez and I have made, takes great pleasure (apparently) in saying "I told you so" if not in so many words, when all he is really doing is regurgitating the statements of the great and good. More often than not there is no more "evidence" for instance than I am able to produce to support opinions I express.

Hostile? Nah, I'd get banned if I was hostile (and no, to al those who pounced on that, I don't intend getting banned!)

Well you better smarten up!! I'm still waiting for that pint.....

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)