+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket

Season ticket

We all know what's going over the Trent regarding season tickets. Now the battle lines have been drawn. Question is what does big Al do know to attract the Nottingham people.
    Secondly what puzzles me is two different season ticket prices but same gate price ie Kop/Pavis stand.

AH Has tweeted today about innovative ticket pricing for next season. We shall have to wait and see but agree with you about gate price. If you're going to make it the same in any stand then the ST prices should also be the same, personally I'm quite happy for the Pavis to be a couple of quid a game more than the Kop and Family Stand. It's noticeable this season that the Kop is less populated this season for the less attractive fixtures with the Pavis being more heavily populated.

Improve the crap on the pitch might help.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    I know, a couple of points off automatic promotion, 4th in the league, why aren't we winning 5 nil every week, then folk might come. Pillock.

Sorry Mr Hardy just wanting some entertainment football wise

Define entertainment?

Winning 4-1 at home on a few occasions?
    Averaging 3 goals a game at home? 2 for Notts and 1 for the opposition. (A bet in there somewhere &#128516
    Having one of the best home records of 2017 in England?
    Effective football gets you up the leagues, then can attract better footballers, and in theory have a better standard of football.
    Luton aside, none of the other teams are attractive and entertaining. League 2 has always been an attritional League where very few teams are ‘footballing’ sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Define entertainment?

Winning 4-1 at home on a few occasions?
    Averaging 3 goals a game at home? 2 for Notts and 1 for the opposition. (A bet in there somewhere ��)
    Having one of the best home records of 2017 in England?
    Effective football gets you up the leagues, then can attract better footballers, and in theory have a better standard of football.
    Luton aside, none of the other teams are attractive and entertaining. League 2 has always been an attritional League where very few teams are ‘footballing’ sides.
    Exactly. I do not care if we have lots of games like Saturday where we are dreadful for 75 minutes, but still win 2-0. All the entertainment I need is walking out of Meadow Lane with a smile on my facing knowing we have won and have another 3 points. We've not played in the 2nd tier for 23 years now so until such a time we get there then leave the entertaining football until then.

In the lower leagues, being organised, solid, playing effective football on a consistent basis can get the results required for success as we have seen this season by being in the top 7 all season. It may not be champagne football of passing and move, but it's worked.

Also another thing while we are talking about entertainment. Did anyone see the League Cup final yesterday? What an awful display that was by Arsenal. I'd imagine 30,000 of their fans would not have been impressed or happy by that spineless display and called that entertainment. Gary Neville was right in his scathing criticism of them. Players walking around the Wembley pitch in a cup final showing no effort or desire to win the ball back, looking to the ref when being nudged in the back by the opposing striker, only for said striker to go on and score. Ironic that was actually a direct way of playing that lead to that goal.

Sometimes when I see teams at a higher level, a much higher level playing poorly with the millions they spend on players and the ability they have it puts things into perspective about league two and it's players.

Quote Originally Posted by postie66 View Post
    Secondly what puzzles me is two different season ticket prices but same gate price ie Kop/Pavis stand.
    As a season ticket holder in the Pavis, I must admit to feeling a little disenfranchised when the gate price was reduced by £4, but the season ticket price remained the same, so effectively devaluing the season ticket to the tune of £92. Although I will no doubt continue to buy my season ticket, as I have done for the last however many years, I think this needs to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Then I'm afraid you may have to dig deeper in your wallet, do you think Big Alan is running a Charity Shop. Some folks are very hard to please it makes a change to come down to the Lane, see supporters and Staff with a smile on their faces, be entertained in almost every game, two losses all season, fourth in the league a chance of automatic promotion or the play off's and you are still Moaning and Minging.

If Big Alan signed some world stars you would still Moan and Minge too because the admission price was too high or you could not afford a the Hot Peas and a Pint.

There's just no pleasing some folks.
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 27-02-2018 at 09:23 AM.

Regardless of the quality of football being played still an unanswered question remains and still no answer. Why is there a different price on season tickets when gate prices are the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast