+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Standard in the Championship

Standard in the Championship

I wouldn't be one for knocking the footballing standard in the second teir in Scotland normally but I'm sorry , I am going to now. Can't remember a poorer league than this . Yes, teams are difficult to beat as always but some/ most of our games have been real stodgy affairs against the rest. Let's be honest and say that if Dobbie was elsewhere then we would be cemented in second bottom , getting ready to scrap with the likes of Ayr to stay in the league . Bar Saint Mirren , the rest have been so dull ( including ourselves ) that it makes getting people in the ground even harder than the difficult task it is. I and no doubt the majority on here would never abandon the team but a bet there were a few at Palmerston on Saturday vowing not to be back this season. Bottom line is that we must TRY to entertain even if we haven't got the best team at this moment in time . Ftivano talked of the Qos 6 Morton 5 game on another thread there I remember Steven Bowey driving through the rain, mud and wind that night . Oh, to have the wee man's grit and running power now.

Just to add that I also think AJ must be under real pressure now . A team like Dunfermline, with three times our support, scrambling about with us and playing some dreadful stuff. Wouldn't be surprised to see a change of boss there.

To be honest if you were to watch League 2 football in England, you can see the difference in strength, fitness, professionalism and the standard of football compared to he Scottish Championship unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    To be honest if you were to watch League 2 football in England, you can see the difference in strength, fitness, professionalism and the standard of football compared to he Scottish Championship unfortunately.
    I think we'd struggle in the conference ( fifth level). Some big teams at that level trying to return the English senior leagues.

It is quite sad how defensive football has become, I admit that the late sixties, early seventies was my era, when it was all about how many goals you scored but god football now is so boring. I would love to see some you manager take over our team, who would play football as it should be. I would rather we got beat 4-3 than watch another defensive , boring, score less ,draw. Rant over.

The game at the weekend was for whatever reason dreadful. Saying that this is still the most competitive league in Scotland

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)