Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
thn, I really don't want to fall out with other fans here or anywhere else as its water under the bridge now and think we are all on the same side that we want our team to avoid relegation and then do better next season. The Board have many issues to sort out and hope they can too. I would just say one thing about the money we had from transfer fees over the years and that is none of us would have complained had the Board INCLUDING NH had a policy of 25% of all transfer fees 'ring fenced' for the first team and that would arguably have given us at least 6 million pounds and NH could not have touched that, and could have given us continuity with 75% going to the academy although I would have preferred a 5/50 split but let's be generous to their ethos and that would have given us a great mix of experience without having to rely almost entirely on the youngsters coming through and thing to me at least is it's not right expecting young lads to compete physically at this level week in and week out and then get depressed as we do by getting beat etc...so there maybe some madness in my method but I think it could have worked out just fine and gave a boost to those who see the academy more in the light of generating money as well as potential players for the whole essence of any league club which has to be the first team. Not doing that has proved the Board's Achilles heel in more ways than one...I think DG has some responsibility there.

Having millions sitting in the club accounts was like letting loose Dracula in a blood bank!
We're not falling out! Just a bit of a debate.

Its not the blood donors fault though is it, or the hospital, it's still Dracula. It's not our boards fault for leaving enough money in there to tempt someone (if thats what happened and thats a big if) is it? It's the guy who took the money.