+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steve leaves mansfailed

Disgraceful. How could he walk out on such a big club ?

Please please let them have the greatest mind in football. Sol Campbell 👌

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Their next few game results could be interesting, hopefully their form will drop for our game.
    Shouldn't make a difference, the caretaker will have them fired up just as the fat man would.

Shocking Steve Evans
    Shocking to a club that backed him to get players.
    However it couldn’t of happened to a better club and there supporters

Mansfield were always just a stop gap for Evans and his assistant in my view. Although I’m surprised at this stage of the season he’s gone, but as we know managers get sacked all to easily. Peterborough are near the League One playoffs with games in hand, plus he apparently lives there. So he must think he can get them promoted to the championship this season.

I would say that it could destabilise Mansfield’s season, but as we know when Steve Cotteril came in Jan 2010 if you have a decent squad then it does not always work like that. If they do something similar and get a decent manager out of work until the end of the season they could still go up. Otherwise they may have to pay compensation for an in work manager.

I’d also think that by the time we play them the new manager will be in place.

But should they have a wobble and go into a post Evans sulk, like when our players went into a post Curle sulk, then by the time we play them it might be a good opportunity for us to capitalise.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Mansfield were always just a stop gap for Evans and his assistant in my view. Although I’m surprised at this stage of the season he’s gone, but as we know managers get sacked all to easily. Peterborough are near the League One playoffs with games in hand, plus he apparently lives there. So he must think he can get them promoted to the championship this season.

I would say that it could destabilise Mansfield’s season, but as we know when Steve Cotteril came in Jan 2010 if you have a decent squad then it does not always work like that. If they do something similar and get a decent manager out of work until the end of the season they could still go up. Otherwise they may have to pay compensation for an in work manager.

I’d also think that by the time we play them the new manager will be in place.

But should they have a wobble and go into a post Evans sulk, like when our players went into a post Curle sulk, then by the time we play them it might be a good opportunity for us to capitalise.

High 6 for that...

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Shocking Steve Evans
    No, it couldn't of.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    No, it couldn't of.

Of, I love it.....The Queens English is in the bin.

Phil Brown turned down Grimsby, could be a shoe in.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Shocking Steve Evans
    They literally only brought some players in during January plus signed a youngster and also Pearce, Benning and Sterling-James signed new contracts yesterday.

I wanted us to re-sign Pearce this summer!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast