+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Graham

Danny Graham

Showing what a real centre forward is this season, and what we lacked when we had an imposter like Rhodes upfront.

Sorry any Rhodes fans..

Saxo - do you never sleep, man?
    Totally agree about Graham.

Blimey , ‘imposter’ is a bit strong.
    You clearly know my view of JR from earlier postings, but he did do a fine goal scoring job for us. Which was sadly his singular ‘virtue’.
    He was paid v v handsomely for ‘doing his job though.
    I think that’s what for me made him very boring to watch, he just didn’t display any drive or passion.
    We have been lucky enough to have seen some good forwards grace Ewood and (just to name one) I well remember the whole ground raucously applauding when Dave Speedie made his first return after excelling in the B&W shirt. When his name was being chanted by all four sides his BPM must have been soaring. Bucket loads of passion each and every time out.
    That’s the kind of player I’ve always enjoyed (in any position).
    Arte et Labore : Skill AND endeavour/hard work.

I suppose the basic difference is that Rhodes needed setting up, whereas Graham works for other players more.
    I wouldn't mind seeing them playing alongside each other, actually.
    On that topic, we rarely seem to see 4-4-2 any more.
    There have been some great partnerships up front over the years. Shearer and Sutton weren't too bad.

I've already entered negotiations for the Wigan game. It's not on iFollow and not on mainstream Sky Sports.
    My friend who has BeIN Sport isn't a football follower and I can't really rock up to his house at 1.00 a.m. He has agreed to record it, though, so I'm going round there at nine the next morning to watch. It means I'll have to avoid the result, but that's not difficult here, as only PL matches get a mention.
    I suppose it all adds to the tension...

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I've already entered negotiations for the Wigan game. It's not on iFollow and not on mainstream Sky Sports.
    My friend who has BeIN Sport isn't a football follower and I can't really rock up to his house at 1.00 a.m. He has agreed to record it, though, so I'm going round there at nine the next morning to watch. It means I'll have to avoid the result, but that's not difficult here, as only PL matches get a mention.
    I suppose it all adds to the tension...
    John Claret anything to do with the 'reporting embargo'

Seems like not much sleep for you then, twitching from 1 am onwards!

For me its a 1 pm timing as I'm out away again, but its ALL white sports where I will be an footie is not such a big draw, so i'm stuck with text reporting!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Showing what a real centre forward is this season, and what we lacked when we had an imposter like Rhodes upfront.

Sorry any Rhodes fans..
    3:58am!!! did you **** the bed??

Graham has been immense this season on the pitch. He really has stepped up his game.
    The attitude of him and Mulgrew, Bennett has been so impressive. They came down, and instead of accepting that, they have all been extremely professional in how they have gone about things. Plus they all have that 'spark' which I feel Mowbray has ignited.
    There is a lot more to Danny's game than I have given him credit for previously, he plays in others so well.
    I firmly believe a front line (in the Champ) of Graham, Dack, Armstrong and Chapman is as good as anyone personally. We will have absolutely nothing to fear. Look at Millwall and Sheff Utd both in and around the play offs. We can kick on like that. We have to aspire to do so. And don't underestimate how much of an up-turn we are on now. we go into next season with massive confidence. And rightly so.
    I don't really like comparing ex-strikers, who all played in different era's and teams. We forget how many we have had in the last 25 years alone. Rhodes doesn't even get close to the top 10.

Garner
    Speedie
    Newell
    Shearer
    Wegerle
    Gallagher
    Sutton
    Bellamy
    Jansen
    Cole
    McCarthy
    Santa Cruz

To name but a few.

Nicely ‘listed’ there Champs.
    That’s a really tasty selection, although no mention of ‘Andrews’ buddy Dwight there 😉
    Now why’s that 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    Nicely ‘listed’ there Champs.
    That’s a really tasty selection, although no mention of ‘Andrews’ buddy Dwight there ��
    Now why’s that ��
    he falls into this catergory below ....

Grabbi
    Yorke
    Davies
    Santa Cruz (when he returned)
    Ashley Ward
    Nathan Blake
    Goodwillie
    Per Pederson (bet nobody remembers him??)

etc etc

I don't think Dwight ever really recovered from the two footed challenge he got from Souey in training which sidelined him!!

SAF ‘pulled a fast one’ with us re Dwight as he was glad to see the back of him!
    Egil Ostenstad in swap for Beattie , who did best out of that one !

I think that challenge was Soueys way of saying to him ‘stop poncing around like a big girl’ (just why SAF wanted shut).

Where does the ‘Yak’ sit on your list?
    Given goals to on pitch time ratio I would think he would be in first, albeit a short stint .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)