+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game off tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Saturday's game should be ok, there's only about an inch of snow and it never snows for more than about 5 minutes. This beast from the east thing has been hugely over hyped.
    Depends where you are.
    Might not be so easy or safe for 1500 Killie fans or Dons fans from Central Belt to get there.
    The M80 is blocked for example.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Depends where you are.
    Might not be so easy or safe for 1500 Killie fans or Dons fans from Central Belt to get there.
    The M80 is blocked for example.
    Thats why its likely to be called off more than the pitch being covered in snow. The police might get it called off for the travelling not being deemed safe.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    I've never really bought this as a reason not to have a winter break. A winter break is supposed to be about trading games in winter for games at other times in the year so it should actually reduce the chances of a fixture pileup. I would guess most of the games we lost in January have been reallocated to October/November/December where we had four midweek league games, so playing those games in January would just have made it more likely they'd have been called off and potentially left us in a worse position.
    I would say November and December could be classed as winter in Scotland, we didn't have any issues this season before the break but imagine if December was bad and a load of games got called off, we then have the winter break and then get weather like this at the end of February.There would be a big fixture pile up before the split which is why we should probably play summer football instead of having a winter break.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would say November and December could be classed as winter in Scotland, we didn't have any issues this season before the break but imagine if December was bad and a load of games got called off, we then have the winter break and then get weather like this at the end of February.There would be a big fixture pile up before the split which is why we should probably play summer football instead of having a winter break.
    Playing "summer" football is a bit of of a misnomer. Currently our season starts in August and runs thru to May. Take away the two week break and you are left with a nine - ten month season. Summer is 3 months. So the question is not when we play but when we DONT play? What three months dont you want to play in? Let's go for winter - December, January and february. Start the season firts weekend in March (this weekend - that would be great), playing on pitches which have had the benefit of .... winter? Playing players who have benefited from a pre-season in .. cold, wet, frozen conditions. Cup Final in November?

Can we get some of your snow over here?

Off topic but what a bunch of Scottish erseholes who abused eddie jones.

I hate the english rugby ream but these f*nnies are an embarrassment.

F*ck off scum.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I did use booking.com. It was a late booking hence it being non refundable as is quite often the case when booking late and getting such a good price.
    You`ll just have to get up for the weekend anyway then ?

I`ve booked to drive up the A1 on Friday , deliver a bike in Kirkcaldy and drive on up to Aberdeen. Driving back down on sunday.
    Not sure if the Amber weather thing means I`ll be dawdled by abandonded cars around Edinburgh or whatever ??

Tel you what, if the games off, it`ll be a helluva a pubcrawl roon the Toon !!!

Nae for me!!!. The reason for biding up was that we were going to Frank McDougall's 60th birthday party. We were getting a lift up but driver isna affa keen now so may have to try for a last minute train or bus if running.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Nae for me!!!. The reason for biding up was that we were going to Frank McDougall's 60th birthday party. We were getting a lift up but driver isna affa keen now so may have to try for a last minute train or bus if running.
    Ok. Well . Good luck with that. If I can help either way , let me know ?

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    Playing "summer" football is a bit of of a misnomer. Currently our season starts in August and runs thru to May. Take away the two week break and you are left with a nine - ten month season. Summer is 3 months. So the question is not when we play but when we DONT play? What three months dont you want to play in? Let's go for winter - December, January and february. Start the season firts weekend in March (this weekend - that would be great), playing on pitches which have had the benefit of .... winter? Playing players who have benefited from a pre-season in .. cold, wet, frozen conditions. Cup Final in November?
    I presume it would be the same as the Scandinavian leagues which is April to November.

It might give our teams a better chance in Europe as well considering our teams are playing European ties in their pre season at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I presume it would be the same as the Scandinavian leagues which is April to November.

It might give our teams a better chance in Europe as well considering our teams are playing European ties in their pre season at the moment.

Swedes run a 16-team league playing each other twice. So 30 games - 15 at home as opposed to our 19. If we did that then the club would have to cut season ticket prices by 20% or bang up the single match price by the same percentage. That'll be popular.

Yes - some will say that a 20% cut in season ticket prices might mean more people buying and total revenue actually increasing. Price elasticity of demand etc. But ah dinnae - so the club would not be too happy to do that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast