+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley in Europe?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Burnley in Europe?

LET picks up our chat about qualifying for Europe

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...eason/?ref=mac

I don't want us to qualify for Europe.

Relegation would almost certainly follow, we just don't have the depth of squad for that malarkey.

Season after next perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I don't want us to qualify for Europe.

Relegation would almost certainly follow, we just don't have the depth of squad for that malarkey.

Season after next perhaps?
    Not very sure why this post is nothing more than a continuation of an identical post recently?

but-
    1. Not wanting success is a tad strange in my view. Give me 7th not mid table.
    2. Next year or the year after will not change a damn thing unless we are compelled to weed out the poor buys and superfluous players and commit to bettering the squad. Traditionally we keep faith with what we have for far longer than we should so in that case Europe now, please, which will pressure getting full squad playing staff fit for purpose allowing us better bench players and better tactical options.
    3. Waiting until we are "ready" for Europe is like waiting until we are "ready" for promotion. And as we have been promoted against the odds it seems particularly strange that we seem to keep forgetting that.
    4. Leicester won the league against the odds. You can't wait until you are "ready". Ask Chelsea; Man Utd and Arsenal.

I really hope we can hit 55 points this season which will almost certainly get us into Europe.

With Sean Dyche in charge anything is possible.

From a personal point of view, I want to fly around Europe watching the Clarets but then again, I have always been a selfish sod!

Squad wise I assume Arfield is going? That means we will need two more wide men.

Up top we have Vokes, Walters, Wells, Wood and Barnes so another striker would be good.

Add two more midfield men and with everybody fit we should be able to compete on all fronts.

Squeaky bum time I know, but I'll bet SD is up for the challenge?

I think you have to finish in the top seven to have a chance to qualify for Europe,so we are definitely not going into Europe..I think we will manage a top 12 finish though..

Top 6 usually but top 7 this year is possible depending on who wins the Cup and Europa League

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Top 6 usually but top 7 this year is possible depending on who wins the Cup and Europa League
    7th place is nailed on to qualify because one of the top six will inevitably win the FA Cup. City will win the League so their Europa League place by winning the Mickey Mouse Cup is up for grabs.

I will say again. We do not need that Europa League crap at this moment in time!

The last thing the current version of Burnley Football Club needs is to qualify for a second rate European tournament which would stretch the clubs resources to a maximum. PL survival ………without anything astonishing happening………..is secured……..job done as far as the club is concerned. Let’s face it, finishing 7th is a fantasy, finishing 10th or thereabouts would be considered more than a successful season. I’ll guarantee the clubs’ hierarchy would agree,

I would be disappointed if any of our players did not want to play at the highest level possible ---that should be the main reason for being a footballer.
    A spot kick outwood? Hart possibly back in goal this weekend too.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)