+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The biggest threat since WWII

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Unlike you snowflake. I read everything. Even those left wing comics that you fawn over like the Guardian and Mirror.
    Perhaps you'd like to comment on the story, rather than doing your ANTIFA act, of only wanting to hear/see what you want?

Considering the story was first broken in 2016, draw your own conclusions.
    Strange things are happening regarding free speech and who or what is regarded as offensive.
    Yeah. You're a good little reader. Without unquestioning people like yourself the likes of Rupert Murdoch & Paul Dacre would soon be out of business.

Unlike you snowflake. I read everything. Even those left wing comics that you fawn over like the Guardian and Mirror.
    Perhaps you'd like to comment on the story, rather than doing your ANTIFA act, of only wanting to hear/see what you want?

Considering the story was first broken in 2016, draw your own conclusions.
    Strange things are happening regarding free speech and who or what is regarded as offensive.
    I couldn’t give a gnats arsehole what you do or don’t read. The point is we have the sum of all knowledge from the history of humanity available literally at our fingertips and you choose to illustrate whatever half witted argument you were trying to make with an article from The Sun.

Christ almighty.

People like Freddie Starr and Spike Milligan doing the goose step is one thing but I'm not so sure they would have ever got away with the gas remark on television. They wouldn't have ended up in court over it though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I couldn’t give a gnats arsehole what you do or don’t read. The point is we have the sum of all knowledge from the history of humanity available literally at our fingertips and you choose to illustrate whatever half witted argument you were trying to make with an article from The Sun.

Christ almighty.
    So, total body swerve to the point made then?
    Perhaps you'd like to think a little broader? You are not worried about things that DON'T get reported in your comics?
    A celebrity presenter goes off the rails and into rehab yesterday, makes the front pages before all the bigger news?
    You support the wrong club. You'd make a great sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    People like Freddie Starr and Spike Milligan doing the goose step is one thing but I'm not so sure they would have ever got away with the gas remark on television. They wouldn't have ended up in court over it though.
    I think it's all about keeping a sense of perspective. Political Correctness is a good thing if applied correctly, all it should mean is that people of different skin colour, nationality, ***ual orientation, disability etc can go about their daily lives without suffering abuse. The problem arises when some arsehole applies it too literally. Shabby little rags like The Sun turn it into a big thing and twist the story, gullible tw@ts actually believe them and decide things like "we're not allowed to fly an England flag at the World Cup" and "we're not allowed to put up Christmas lights any more". It's not true of course, but it still manages to get the simpletons hot under the collar.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think it's all about keeping a sense of perspective. Political Correctness is a good thing if applied correctly, all it should mean is that people of different skin colour, nationality, ***ual orientation, disability etc can go about their daily lives without suffering abuse. The problem arises when some arsehole applies it too literally. Shabby little rags like The Sun turn it into a big thing and twist the story, gullible tw@ts actually believe them and decide things like "we're not allowed to fly an England flag at the World Cup" and "we're not allowed to put up Christmas lights any more". It's not true of course, but it still manages to get the simpletons hot under the collar.
    oK EP, do you think this is applying it correctly?
    2 years they have pursued him and decided, that "THEY" decide what is appropriate.
    You are not worried by these recent clamp downs?

Free speech being curbed. Jokes being judged by a politically correct committee.
    But of course the Sun published it, so it must be irrelevant.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/03/20/man-ta...ime-2-7402575/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-43478925
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-nazi-salutes/

Yearh, its a non story and a brilliant use of tax payers money.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hLMFJgBN4M

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Is Jeremy Corbyn. The guys an out and out Communist and a threat to our existence.

It looks to me that he's now playing dirty and going against his own published positions purely to get into power. He appears credible but he's not.

If he does get in I fear for our democracy as I'm sure he will make sweeping changes to the Constitution so he can cling onto power and turn us into Communist State.

Personally I fear a civil war may well be the outcome.

The real problem is the younger generation have no recollection of what Communism means and will live to regret it if they let this red in your bed scrape in through the back door.
    I didn't realise we had a Constitution to begin with. Sweeping changes, maybe, but each Parliament, current or new, can easily undo such changes.

oK EP, do you think this is applying it correctly?
    2 years they have pursued him and decided, that "THEY" decide what is appropriate.
    You are not worried by these recent clamp downs?
    No I don't think it's applying it correctly. I think it's one of those cases I mentioned earlier where the basically praiseworthy cause of PC is taken a big step too far. It's a dog ffs. That still doesn't excuse drama queens like you who are just as bad as the other side in trying to turn a non-event into a big issue.

Am I worried by the "recent clamp downs"? Not in the slightest, because they only exist in the mind of Sun readers.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 21-03-2018 at 07:47 PM. Reason: An unforgiveable grammatical error

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No I don't think it's applying it correctly. I think it's one of those cases I mentioned earlier where the basically praiseworthy cause of PC is taken a big step too far. It's a dog ffs. That still doesn't excuse drama queens like you who are just as bad as the other side in trying to turn a non-event into a big issue.

Am I worried by the "recent clamp downs"? Not in the slightest, because they only exist in the mind of Sun readers.
    Maybe EP. But something is going on.
    Bigger than a dog FFS.
    This is getting out of hand and I'm wondering who exactly is pulling the strings.
    Not to be ignored or dismissed. The EU have already done that to us, by stealth over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odGiYJdFtE0

Maybe EP. But something is going on.
    Bigger than a dog FFS.
    This is getting out of hand and I'm wondering who exactly is pulling the strings.
    Not to be ignored or dismissed. The EU have already done that to us, by stealth over time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odGiYJdFtE0
    You must live your life in permanent fear if you really believe all the ludicrous scare stories you constantly link. Have you ever considered simply using your own words to make a point instead of all the pathetic links you post all the time? We could all play that game, the magic of Google means you can instantly find something to agree with your point of view wherever you sit in the political spectrum. You think it shows that you're right - it doesn't, it merely shows that when it comes to thinking for yourself, you are very, very limited.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast