+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T snowing

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That's very true.

My father never drove and used the bus to get to work. One snowy day in the 1970s the snow stopped the buses but dear old dad needed to get to work for start of the 6am shift. They were paid piecework rates so missing work hit an already tight budget. He had a severe cold at the time but walked (trudged) the 5 mile journey to work, did his shift and walked back home. That's when he caught pneumonia and was hospitalised for a week.

He's on a cloud now looking down thinking "you nesh prats" or something similar
    So, if he'd been a 'snowflake or nesh' he wouldn't have been hospitalised for a week, he wouldn't have missed more shifts and wouldn't have caused extra costs onto the health service....therefore i presume the 'snowflakes' right now are actually saving the country money by not doing those things....

Well us grownups have just taught the young uns a lesson in snowballing I feel better now.
    Sad I know but when you get older you have to take every win. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Well us grownups have just taught the young uns a lesson in snowballing I feel better now.
    Sad I know but when you get older you have to take every win. 😆
    Nice one Yak! 😂

⛄️❄️⚽️

I blame the parents driving their kids to school all the time, total idleness by the parent, I walked to pit in all weathers, & worked in all weathers when I left the pit, a job had to be done, full stop, has a kid I walked in all weathers to school, my wife walked the kids to school in all weathers.
    When you see all the cars outside schools picking kids up, you think no wonder obese kids & parents.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456