+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T snowing

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Cleared snow from 6 old people's bungalows yesterday morning, then council turned up, short of council workers one lady from the office staff come & got a shovel. Gid em a cup of tea / coffee didn't want out stronger in it.

Alway's know when weather is changing arthritis in ankle gives me jip after breaking it previously, plus my knee replacement gives me jip, in next week for the first of 2 new hips.
    Sounds as though your knob is the only original bit left

Well done Eric.

Should be a law for everyone that’s able to clear front of their property, which just leaves main roads for gritters to sort out.

Obviously there will be problems in certain areas but most should be passable if some get of their backsides instead of moaning about they can’t get off their road.

Clear outside ours for a tosser to park there instead of his own drive, I’m calm

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Cleared snow from 6 old people's bungalows yesterday morning, then council turned up, short of council workers one lady from the office staff come & got a shovel. Gid em a cup of tea / coffee didn't want out stronger in it.

Alway's know when weather is changing arthritis in ankle gives me jip after breaking it previously, plus my knee replacement gives me jip, in next week for the first of 2 new hips.
    It'll be great when they start putting motors in these replacement joints. Arthritis is a b@stard of a thing. Good look with them ops.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    A mates on a flight from there, Moorgate to East Midlands was alright this morning for him
    The main road should be fine (will be problems on other roads though) but some are having blizzards which obviously will blow across the roads, just needs extra care which some drivers don’t know the meaning

Hope everything goes ok for you mum Frog
    Cheers Topsy

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Brilliant Cayton, I'd forgotten about those linkys.

It's looking not too bad with all 3 lanes open
    Last edited by frogmiller; 01-03-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Loads of flights cancelled from East Midland including my mothers

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Meaning half of Britain shuts down

Get more gritters on roads you tight arses

Good to see people still go out and clear front of their property...

Not.

Well I might go and build a white rabbit in between paperwork
    You could put 1000s more gritters on the roads and it wouldnt change anything, the problem is tyres. Its not worth investing in winter tyres in this country, as they do abroad,because we only get weather like this for about a week over the year.

Also the standard of driving is shocking, going to slow is just as bad as going too fast, but the muppets sh1t themselves at the first sign of snow.

Ryanair have cancelled all flights from many airports today.

Great service given to us.though. When we got through they reschedualed the flights at no extra costs no messing.

I go through that many sets of tyres so I put winter tyres on this time of year, I've not got a spare set of wheels. They're not just for snow you get better breaking when the temperatures are below 8 degrees and I've not noticed any worse breaking when the temperatures are above that. If I had a car for pleasure purposes etc... I'd have them on all the time because they're the same rubber compound as all weather tyres and they're not any more expensive.

But none of this stops idiots stoping in the middle of hills for no reason.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast