+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gutted .....

Gutted .....

May I share this with you lads?? As I feel we have shared in the season, and as I've bored you all this season, I have travelled all over the country and spent a fortune watching us. I feel so connected to all this!! More than ever before.
    On Sunday I have to go into hospital for an operation - to remove a kidney stone
    They will put me under, and the OP itself is at 11:30am so I will miss the whole game, and may not find out the score for a while.
    I can't tell you how much I am gutted to miss our biggest game of the season.

So sorry to hear that Champs, that’s really bad luck (on both counts).
    All the best for the op and the recovery.

Ah people have really serious things to contend with, this is just a kidney stone. Vey painful, but i'll be reet.
    Just a bit fed up I will miss this, I'll be away with the fairies as we kick off!
    I should be there to cheer the lads on.

Good luck, Champs. I had an operation just before Christmas. Only minor, but the anaesthetic certainly knocks you out of your stride.
    Yours is terrible timing! I thought they could use lasers to do kidney stones, these days, but I might be thinking of something else.
    Are you going to avoid the result and watch a replay?
    I can give you a master-class in that!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Good luck, Champs. I had an operation just before Christmas. Only minor, but the anaesthetic certainly knocks you out of your stride.
    Yours is terrible timing! I thought they could use lasers to do kidney stones, these days, but I might be thinking of something else.
    Are you going to avoid the result and watch a replay?
    I can give you a master-class in that!

Thanks Auks. I don't have Sky, but I will purchase NOW TV for a day and get a Sky Sports package at a highly inflated price, stay away from the result until I get home, and watch it later.
    They are going to laser, and then put a stent in to help me 'pass' the gravel ....I'm even unsure how it will affect work the next week? I kind of have to be on the Monday, and didn't realise that the anaesthetic alone would knock me sideways, a few have mentioned that to me. I just have never had an op so I'm clueless!!
    Who's going to walk my dog that night if I'm struggling?? I haven't planned this at all. Bloody hell

Thought they could give you something to dissolve them and piss them out or is that gall stones? Anyway good luck Champs I will shout the opposition on for you..lol

just read your above post fully ..lol ..

Good luck tomorrow champs.

Things like this are so routine for the doctors they see thousands...but from experience I know that they are not routine for us as patients - hope it all goes smoothly, I'm sure it will.

Good luck champs
    Plenty of time to recover ready for mk dons away.

You will be even more gutted when you watch the highlights Champs..

Thanks for the nice messages chaps, very much appreciated.
    I had to stay in overnight, having had my op at the end of the day. All went ok, the anaesthetic knocked me off my feet, feel a bit groggy and watched the match this morning! I wilted in the evening and checked the result once I knew I was staying in.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)