+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Weather looking likely to lead to a quiet weekend

Weather looking likely to lead to a quiet weekend

Lookng out the window seeing all the snow + the low temperature looking likely that some matches will be postponed. Shame as we could do with following up last weeks win and maintaining the momentum we had in the last 30 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    Lookng out the window seeing all the snow + the low temperature looking likely that some matches will be postponed. Shame as we could do with following up last weeks win and maintaining the momentum we had in the last 30 minutes or so.
    As much as I hate it when matches are cancelled maybe its not such a bad thing, any players carrying knocks have lots of time to heal plus if all these rumors of a new signing from abroad are true then he might be in the door by the time we play next... I am not sure how it is over there guys but it is horrible over here so far

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    I guess an impromptu break 3/4 way though the season might not necessary be a bad thing as we won our last game as well and it gives people chance to get fit or recharge from last months run of games etc...

The downside is (unless we go on a winning run) means we get another mid-week game later this month or in April if we don't play Cheltenham this Saturday. I'd prefer us to have points on the board, rather than games in hand and two games a week.

AH and radio red have tweeted pitch inspection tomorrow and game unlikely to go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    AH and radio red have tweeted pitch inspection tomorrow and game unlikely to go ahead.
    Yea no chance looking at the forecast temperatures over there – barely up to 1 degree Saturday morning after -2 overnight, so will be way too hard to play. If they are also considering travelling fans I wouldn't be surprised to see the league stepping in and just saying it's not worth it?

https://twitter.com/CTFCofficial/sta...98238262812673

Doesn't look good at all for Saturday, would be surprised if many lge 2 games go ahead.

We really don't need cancelled games either as Shola can't do more than 1 game per week.

The weather here in Cheltenham is pretty poor with current temperature at -3. Forecast is not good, and although the pitch at Cheltenham Town is covered, My guess is that the match will be called off.