+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pigs report a £21m loss

I saw this today, an analysis of the oinkers situation by the Company Secretary of Leeds Fans. I just skimmed the numbers of their accounts, and missed the narrative that he highlights.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/sheffie...going-concern/

There's still a hardcore on porktalk, I notice, that think that spend, spend, spend is still the way out of FFP, and aren't willing to crawl out from under their comfort blankets, but the penny is beginning to drop. They are in so much trouble, and they are at least a year or two (with big player contracts) away from being able to do anything about it. They need 10 big wage players off the books but who is buy permanantly injured or under-performing players*, and who is going to walk away from a contract where you get paid 30k a week for dropping by the physio 3 days a week?

Chancer can't get out either. The club is a basket-case, with a wages black-hole. Surely no-one is stupid enough to buy it, even at a knock down price. All he can do is to chuck Daddy's money in the bottomless bucket. Makes you wonder how long Daddy Chancer is going to keep bankrolling his idiot son's play-thing? Its tragic**.

*There is some speculation, unsubstantiated, that 'injured' players are not really so, and aren't been named in the first team squad to avoid paying them their match appearance money. Like, 'WOW', if that were true...

**I don't really mean that last bit.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 03-03-2018 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I saw this today, an analysis of the oinkers situation by the Company Secretary of Leeds Fans. I just skimmed the numbers of their accounts, and missed the narrative that he highlights.

https://www.mikethornton.xyz/sheffie...going-concern/

There's still a hardcore on porktalk, I notice, that think that spend, spend, spend is still the way out of FFP, and aren't willing to crawl out from under their comfort blankets, but the penny is beginning to drop. They are in so much trouble, and they are at least a year or two (with big player contracts) away from being able to do anything about it. They need 10 big wage players off the books but who is buy permanantly injured or under-performing players*, and who is going to walk away from a contract where you get paid 30k a week for dropping by the physio 3 days a week?

Chancer can't get out either. The club is a basket-case, with a wages black-hole. Surely no-one is stupid enough to buy it, even at a knock down price. All he can do is to chuck Daddy's money in the bottomless bucket. Makes you wonder how long Daddy Chancer is going to keep bankrolling his idiot son's play-thing? Its tragic**.

*There is some speculation, unsubstantiated, that 'injured' players are not really so, and aren't been named in the first team squad to avoid paying them their match appearance money. Like, 'WOW', if that were true...

**I don't really mean that last bit.
    I heard someone sayin a few weeks ago that some of the "injured" pig players weren't bein picked cos some of em were gerrin close to enforcin contract extensions through the amount of games they'd played.I don't know if there's any truth in it but it does seem incredable that such a "massive" club hasn't got better medical/trainin staff.UTCB

Our club has been run poorly at times over the years. We all know of the poor decisions McCabe has made at certain times. McCabe even acknowledging as such along the way. However, I've got to say, S6 really is a basket case currently.

It seems that the head honcho, who admits to knowing sweet FA about football is showing that he knows sweet FA. A Thai owner, with a CEO from Belgium and a Dutch Manager just doesn't seem right

Then of course they had the fans survey, asking supporters whether they want to see ticket prices curbed but scale back on player investment, or continue with same policy they do currently. Majority voted to carry on. All well and good one might say, but then why have the survey just before the accounts were published showing them to be in a bit of a mess? I'm sure the result would have been different had they seen the accounts prior.

Now rumours on porktalk surfacing that a number of players aren't injured, but are being prevented from playing due to financial reasons. True? Who knows but the plot thickens. See link

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...owed-to-train/

Their 150 year anniversary celebrations are turning out well aren't they
    Last edited by blades58; 03-03-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Our club has been run poorly at times over the years. We all know of the poor decisions McCabe has made at certain times. McCabe even acknowledging as such along the way. However, I've got to say, S6 really is a basket case currently.

It seems that the head honcho, who admits to knowing sweet FA about football is showing that he knows sweet FA. A Thai owner, with a CEO from Belgium and a Dutch Manager just doesn't seem right

Then of course they had the fans survey, asking supporters whether they want to see ticket prices curbed but scale back on player investment, or continue with same policy they do currently. Majority voted to carry on. All well and good one might say, but then why have the survey just before the accounts were published showing them to be in a bit of a mess? I'm sure the result would have been different had they seen the accounts prior.

Now rumours on porktalk surfacing that a number of players aren't injured, but are being prevented from playing due to financial reasons. True? Who knows but the plot thickens. See link

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...owed-to-train/

Their 150 year anniversary celebrations are turning out well aren't they
    Their 150 anniversary has been a total shambles from start to finish,we played our part in that ,humiliating them in the Rust Bucket,many many other debacles have followed I am happy to say.

Relegation would be a fantastic icing on the cake,that was another disaster,the cake that fell apart,lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Their 150 anniversary has been a total shambles from start to finish,we played our part in that ,humiliating them in the Rust Bucket,many many other debacles have followed I am happy to say.

Relegation would be a fantastic icing on the cake,that was another disaster,the cake that fell apart,lol
    Here you go Blocky. I don't think we should ask too many questions about how 'round' a ball should be, but it was at least the highlight of a massive balls-up..!!

Name:  cake testicle.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  30.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Here you go Blocky. I don't think we should ask too many questions about how 'round' a ball should be, but it was at least the highlight of a massive balls-up..!!

Name:  cake testicle.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  30.8 KB
    The gift that keeps on giving

Name:  57AB7C10-F370-4EF0-BBB5-E664F84FB2C6.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  13.2 KB

Brizzle 3 Wendy 0

can't rely on them for anything can you ?

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Brizzle 3 Wendy 0

can't rely on them for anything can you ?
    There are two bonuses.

1. Teams around the oinkers are winning, and their GD is taking a battering.
    2. We're seeing quite a bit of Michelle Owen on Sky (although how she gets home in time to do her husbands tea, I really don't know.)

Meanwhile at Swansea...

Carloss spanking The Sham, 2-0. Funny owd game, eh?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast