+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Charities

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Will be very careful what I say. In the late 90s and early 2000 I worked in West Africa as an aid worker. Did this happen with my organisation? definitely not. Did most organizations have an issue? No. Did it happen? Without a doubt. Proving it was hard but I have no doubts some people (mainly white middle aged men) took advantage of economically vulnerable people.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    Will be very careful what I say. In the late 90s and early 2000 I worked in West Africa as an aid worker. Did this happen with my organisation? definitely not. Did most organizations have an issue? No. Did it happen? Without a doubt. Proving it was hard but I have no doubts some people (mainly white middle aged men) took advantage of economically vulnerable people.
    And these people spoil it for the rest. How can these people be squeezed out of the system?

How can they gain back the confidence of people like me?

To be fair Frog the vast majority of Aid workers I knew were amazing people. For instance i worked for a relatively small agency and we fed 5,000 plus children a week. Children who would have likely starved if we had not provided such a valuable service. Bad people are found in all walks of life and professions. They are often intelligent and cunning and deserve to rot in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by sickly_child View Post
    To be fair Frog the vast majority of Aid workers I knew were amazing people. For instance i worked for a relatively small agency and we fed 5,000 plus children a week. Children who would have likely starved if we had not provided such a valuable service. Bad people are found in all walks of life and professions. They are often intelligent and cunning and deserve to rot in hell.
    The fact that some of these people have been sacked from one organisation and then employed in another is sickening and frightening.