+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Elliott Bennett

Elliott Bennett

Depending on who you read Elliot is..

A ) lazy, disinterested, goes missing in games..

B ) phenomenal hard worker, crucial to the team..

Who's right.. ? Can't believe the contrast of opinion about one player.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Depending on who you read Elliot is..

A ) lazy, disinterested, goes missing in games..

B ) phenomenal hard worker, crucial to the team..

Who's right.. ? Can't believe the contrast of opinion about one player.
    Absolutely crucial. Some players grab the headlines and score winning goals. But any successful manager will always say in any successful team you need certain performers who give you a solid 7/10 every week, no matter what. That's Bennett. He gives so much cover to the RB, and rarely gives the ball away. He has been key all season long.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Absolutely crucial. Some players grab the headlines and score winning goals. But any successful manager will always say in any successful team you need certain performers who give you a solid 7/10 every week, no matter what. That's Bennett. He gives so much cover to the RB, and rarely gives the ball away. He has been key all season long.
    I'm more inclined to believe option B. You don't go on a run like ours carrying passengers.

I'm more inclined to believe option B. You don't go on a run like ours carrying passengers.
    True. Anyone who has played and not been quite at it, get benched. You could aim some of those things at Evans. And he got moved out of the team as he just wasn't doing it. That said, the last few games when he did step back into first team action, down to suspensions, he had upped his game and did OK.
    Before he got injured, Whitingham wasn't doing it either, and was in & out of the team.
    If fit, Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Williams, Bennet, Smallwood Dack & Graham all start. For a reason.
    If you look at these sites, where people say these things, you can see my point about them not really understanding football, so they are negative. I hear every week 'why is he taking Graham off??' To much bemusement.
    That trickles onto messageboards, and people say Mowbray is clueless.
    The simplicity of it is, Graham is always needed in the next match, (and the one after etc) and has already done enough damage that game anyway. TM has the forsight to know it's a long season, and how to use players. The short sightedness of fans who don't get footy, but go, means these decisions get questioned.
    And utter rubbish gets posted .....

True. Anyone who has played and not been quite at it, get benched. You could aim some of those things at Evans. And he got moved out of the team as he just wasn't doing it. That said, the last few games when he did step back into first team action, down to suspensions, he had upped his game and did OK.
    Before he got injured, Whitingham wasn't doing it either, and was in & out of the team.
    If fit, Raya, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Williams, Bennet, Smallwood Dack & Graham all start. For a reason.
    If you look at these sites, where people say these things, you can see my point about them not really understanding football, so they are negative. I hear every week 'why is he taking Graham off??' To much bemusement.
    That trickles onto messageboards, and people say Mowbray is clueless.
    The simplicity of it is, Graham is always needed in the next match, (and the one after etc) and has already done enough damage that game anyway. TM has the forsight to know it's a long season, and how to use players. The short sightedness of fans who don't get footy, but go, means these decisions get questioned.
    And utter rubbish gets posted .....
    If they really do attend games, I think they must spend most of it playing with their mobile phones..

If they really do attend games, I think they must spend most of it playing with their mobile phones..

Ha .. Yeah I agree, I see them, in game betting!! Or so pissed thry cant see. I see them aswell. I think the more vocal ones on BRFC's dont go.

Ha .. Yeah I agree, I see them, in game betting!! Or so pissed thry cant see. I see them aswell. I think the more vocal ones on BRFC's dont go.
    There's one called 'JAL' who's never got anything positive to say. According to him ALL our academy products aren't good enough.

Then there's 'Chaddy', who's commendably positive and gets bullied mercilessly.

I can't believe people are knocking Bennett - especially about his work-rate.
    In that game where he was sick at half-time, he ran a marathon!
    He isn't out-and-out speedy, but he's got a hell of an engine, and I reckon if you stuck him in goal he'd do a reasonable job.
    Superb goal on Tuesday too.
    Some people were born to whinge.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)