+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Ground Improvement Announced By Mr Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Going by the admirable "It's red = Florist" reaction on here it was probably kicked into touch.
    There, fixed that for you.

It got me thinking though, I wonder if it would be cost effective to put up a giant screen between the DP & HG stands to block out that eyesore in the distance when I glance to my right.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    There, fixed that for you.

It got me thinking though, I wonder if it would be cost effective to put up a giant screen between the DP & HG stands to block out that eyesore in the distance when I glance to my right.
    Wasn't it Martin Allen who made a similar comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Wasn't it Martin Allen who made a similar comment?
    No, Ray Trew.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    No, Ray Trew.
    Well if he did he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    No, I would not. Part of the matchday experience is your comfortable surroundings. The logical end to putting EVERY penny into player recruitement is to not spend a thing on ground improvements (which must include an efficient P.A. system) and let it fall into a depressing ruin. We now have a stadium to be proud of and when you watch Goal Rush on Ch5 or visit some of the dismal "stadia" in Leagues 1&2 you can see the result - what looks like corrugated-iron sheds on a bomb-site.
    A football club chairman is dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. Who would be one?

If they improve the clubs facilities and infrastructure like what AH has done in the past year with the changing rooms, indoor pitch, banqueting suites etc...then if things are going well on the field everyone is happy. When things are not going so well on the pitch some people will bemoan and use these things as a stick for beating because they deem the playing budget more important.

The opposite of this is if the facilities and infrastructure are not modernised or improved and the team is doing well on the field nobody is that bothered and will be more inclined to tolerate some clubs having poor or crumbling facilities. If a big budget is put into the playing side and things don’t go well on the field then some fans bemoan players being a waste of money and if the budget for example is the best in the division then the team should be in 1st place.

For a chairman it is about having the right balance in investing in both the infrastructure and the playing side of the club. Both are important in their own right and both contribute to making the club what it is and affect the clubs status and valuation both in football and market valuation terms..

So I deem all the off field improvements AH has made and will be making good thing because it helps to improve the club overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    A football club chairman is dammed if they do and dammed if they don’t. Who would be one?

If they improve the clubs facilities and infrastructure like what AH has done in the past year with the changing rooms, indoor pitch, banqueting suites etc...then if things are going well on the field everyone is happy. When things are not going so well on the pitch some people will bemoan and use these things as a stick for beating because they deem the playing budget more important.

The opposite of this is if the facilities and infrastructure are not modernised or improved and the team is doing well on the field nobody is that bothered and will be more inclined to tolerate some clubs having poor or crumbling facilities. If a big budget is put into the playing side and things don’t go well on the field then some fans bemoan players being a waste of money and if the budget for example is the best in the division then the team should be in 1st place.

For a chairman it is about having the right balance in investing in both the infrastructure and the playing side of the club. Both are important in their own right and both contribute to making the club what it is and affect the clubs status and valuation both in football and market valuation terms..

So I deem all the off field improvements AH has made and will be making good thing because it helps to improve the club overall.

The club has been improved 100% over the past year.

I went to several away games last season . Stevenage stood out , they seem to understand people needed entertaining off the pitch. And boy did we need it that day!

Ground Improvement my a r s e. I will not be happy until AH stops those flucking pigeons from c r a p p i n g on my bloody seat...

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Going by the pathetic "It's red = Florist" reaction on here it was probably kicked into touch.
    how true, you didn't have to wait long for one to appear and no surprise who.

the team from around 74/75 did ok with the red numbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12