Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Chelthenham now Tuesday (Mar 6th)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,110

    Chelthenham now Tuesday (Mar 6th)

    Not a long wait.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Eire
    Posts
    2,835
    No reason why it can't be played tomorrow.Weather to get milder from SW tonight

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    22,601
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No reason why it can't be played tomorrow.Weather to get milder from SW tonight
    The milder air doesn't get there until Sunday. It's below freezing all day today and barely gets above 2 degrees C tomorrow.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/0/2653261

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    No reason why it can't be played tomorrow.Weather to get milder from SW tonight
    Game off.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Game off.
    Game off on their official twitter now,

    https://twitter.com/CTFCofficial/sta...18563395624960

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,110
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Game off.
    No, Tuesday's game is still on. (WTF do you think this thread is about )

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    22,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    No, Tuesday's game is still on. (WTF do you think this thread is about )
    Give him some credit. He may have completely failed to understand what the thread was about, but at least he didn't mention Corbyn being a terrorist lover anywhere in his reply. See it as a small step forward for him.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    No, Tuesday's game is still on. (WTF do you think this thread is about )

    "Off -on -off - on" As you say "WTF"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    "Off -on -off - on" As you say "WTF"
    "She offered her honour, he honoured her offer and it was off er and on er all night"

  10. #10
    Iíve no argument with the postponement, but why the mad rush to rearrange the game for next Tuesday? At 8.00pm on that evening, the temperature is predicted to be a balmy 5C, leaving everyone who goes shivering in their seats.

    There are several midweek slots available in April when the weather and traffic conditions should be much kinder. Why not use one of these?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,086
    I'ts got to be good news with no football in the way we can start another scintillating political debate just to keep our minds sharp. Shall we discuss the merits or perils of Brexit for a change?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    22,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Iíve no argument with the postponement, but why the mad rush to rearrange the game for next Tuesday? At 8.00pm on that evening, the temperature is predicted to be a balmy 5C, leaving everyone who goes shivering in their seats.
    Seems a very sensible decision to me, to put it back to April would mean we go two weeks without a game. All the forecasts say the pitch should have thawed by then, and 5C is nothing out of the ordinary for a midweek game at this time of year.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I'ts got to be good news with no football in the way we can start another scintillating political debate just to keep our minds sharp. Shall we discuss the merits or perils of Brexit for a change?
    Or even the correct use of apostrophes?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,969
    One of the downsides is how many Notts fans can support the club at such short notice, at such a distance and with still quite perilous travel conditions?
    I know I won't be going this time.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Or even the correct use of apostrophes?
    No acrimony meant in this post Sidney .......... just think about the question I ask.

    If hypothetically the whole world became educated would you foresee worldwide anarchy taking place? Would welcome your thoughts because it's not a nice thing to say that millions must stay uneducated but scary if indeed everybody in the world had the same general knowledge. My old father in law ( a great reader) once opined it would happen one day. Just asking that's all.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,086
    Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Or even the correct use of apostrophes?
    I had spotted it sid but could'nt be arsed to edit. As it ever crossed your mind that as an ex teacher? journalist? & now author word have been the tools of your trades all of your life? for many of us who have been involved with more hands on jobs the need to study words has been much less. Most people with a particular line of work could lose others when discussing tools or materials that they use daily & you are no different but it doesn't mean you are anything special or impressive, just boring imo.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,374
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I had spotted it sid but could'nt be arsed to edit. As it ever crossed your mind that as an ex teacher? journalist? & now author word have been the tools of your trades all of your life? for many of us who have been involved with more hands on jobs the need to study words has been much less. Most people with a particular line of work could lose others when discussing tools or materials that they use daily & you are no different but it doesn't mean you are anything special or impressive, just boring imo.
    Them were the days Old'un .... my tools were mechanical engineering. Still reckon I could file and fit a Gib headed tapered key. Also in them days the tool I was born with was often used

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I had spotted it sid but could'nt be arsed to edit. As it ever crossed your mind that as an ex teacher? journalist? & now author word have been the tools of your trades all of your life? for many of us who have been involved with more hands on jobs the need to study words has been much less. Most people with a particular line of work could lose others when discussing tools or materials that they use daily & you are no different but it doesn't mean you are anything special or impressive, just boring imo.
    Don't take on, Ancient. It was meant as mischievous fun. You're an articulate poster so I knew it was a one-off. Stay war'm.
    El Sid

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,969
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    No acrimony meant in this post Sidney .......... just think about the question I ask.

    If hypothetically the whole world became educated would you foresee worldwide anarchy taking place? Would welcome your thoughts because it's not a nice thing to say that millions must stay uneducated but scary if indeed everybody in the world had the same general knowledge. My old father in law ( a great reader) once opined it would happen one day. Just asking that's all.
    To begin to answer this I would need your definitions of 'educated' and 'uneducated'.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    7,250
    Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I had spotted it sid but could'nt be arsed to edit. As it ever crossed your mind that as an ex teacher? journalist? & now author word have been the tools of your trades all of your life? for many of us who have been involved with more hands on jobs the need to study words has been much less. Most people with a particular line of work could lose others when discussing tools or materials that they use daily & you are no different but it doesn't mean you are anything special or impressive, just boring imo.
    Excellent post serious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •